Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern 60 Pulaski County 21
Final
The deck appears to be stacked against Pulaski getting back to the state title game.
Southern was up 27-21 at the half. Onside kick straight out of half time and it was lights our for the Maroons ! Huge win for the Southern Program !!!
Wow, 60 points...that's a lot.
Pulaski will struggle against whoever is left on their schedule.
Congrats to Madison Southern. Beginning to believe they have a pretty good team.
This might be youngest/ least experienced team Hines has ever had. They have good young talent but Riley, Jake, Etc aren't walking back thru those doors. We are knew they would struggle this year. Teams better get them now, because they are LOADED the next 3 to 4 years.

The score got out of hand because Johnny just went for it on 4th down every time starting in the 3rd. I don't know what the point was but he did. PC defense also didn't adjust very well to the mirrors of MS offense. I am not sure what film Pulaski watched, as Southern didn't do anything different than what they have done all year.
Fire Hines and Scooter Russell and hire Jake Johnson and Riley Hall.
Madison Southern has taken a big step forward this year.
If you ain't got the Jimmy and Joes you better have the Xs and Os.
Guess it's back to being average without the hold back superstars they've had for so long
Gummie Bear Wrote:If you ain't got the Jimmy and Joes you better have the Xs and Os.
Guess it's back to being average without the hold back superstars they've had for so long

You mean those kids that were totally within their legal KHSAA age limit to be eligible? I'm no PC fan, but I get so tired of that argument against any program. The age restrictions are in place, you're either eligible or you're not. No one is playing players that are ineligible due to age.
Van Hagar Wrote:You mean those kids that were totally within their legal KHSAA age limit to be eligible? I'm no PC fan, but I get so tired of that argument against any program. The age restrictions are in place, you're either eligible or you're not. No one is playing players that are ineligible due to age.

Fair enough, really didn't mean to over emphasize the hold back part just the overall talent they've had.
ironfist13 Wrote:This might be youngest/ least experienced team Hines has ever had. They have good young talent but Riley, Jake, Etc aren't walking back thru those doors. We are knew they would struggle this year. Teams better get them now, because they are LOADED the next 3 to 4 years.

The score got out of hand because Johnny just went for it on 4th down every time starting in the 3rd. I don't know what the point was but he did. PC defense also didn't adjust very well to the mirrors of MS offense. I am not sure what film Pulaski watched, as Southern didn't do anything different than what they have done all year.
So, I'm assuming, Pulaski has a strong JV team.
Loaded is a stretch. They wont be playing the same middle school teams in High School.
I think the glory days are over for PC. I’m not trying to be negative but it takes a special group to accomplish what the last 2 senior classes aaccomplished. I’m not saying PC doesn’t have talent there and talent coming, but the next 5 classes at PC have nowhere near the same mentality as Hall and Johnson’s classes.
The score in this one was surprising.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Fire Hines and Scooter Russell and hire Jake Johnson and Riley Hall.

yeah, do that Smile
I know Pulaski is down from the last few years, but glad to see Madison Southern just now playing to the expectations they had to start the year. I was VERY discouraged after the Madison Central game, where I thought a better Southern team got bullied around the football field that night. I thought to start the year Madison Southern would be a top 10 5A team and they are finally playing like that. They lost Livingood kid who will be playing OL for Marshall next year a few weeks ago, but these boys have fought through it. Let's see where the rest of the year takes the Eagles!!!
We will go 3-0 and win the district in the next three games. I hate that road game at Wayne the last week of the season who knows what we get into there.
Madison Southern could very well be the favorite out of this side of the bracket. I think it's more or less down to 3 teams between MS, Southwestern, and Fern Creek.
Id be surprised if one of those three aren't playing the cov cath/bowling green winner in Lexington for a state title