Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
55.88%
Corbin
44.12%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Corbin 3a vs #2 Mayfield 2a at Austin Peay
Mayfield 28 corbin 7
We are dinged up just a bit after Friday's game. But there is no way that Corbin holds this team to any less than 40 points.
Corbin 35 Mayfield 21
mysonis55 Wrote:We are dinged up just a bit after Friday's game. But there is no way that Corbin holds this team to any less than 40 points.

:oooo: dinged ?
I think mayfield by quite a few- 2-3 tds for sure. And I love the redhounds and Haddix and staff. My source tells me Corbin just doesn't have it up front right now. Especially to contend w the likes of belfry or mayfield.
Way too much speed. Mayfield 35-14
As stated earlier. I'm not sure Corbin can handle not just the speed, but the overall team quickness of Mayfield. I'll go with Mayfield by 2 td's.
Corbin couldn't beat Mayfield last year or Beechwood this year.

Mayfield - 35
Corbin - 14
Haddix and Greer coming off a bye week? Please.....

Hounds by 2 TDs!!
As an outside observer I am curious to know why is this game being played in Tennessee? I can understand wanting to play at a neutral site but it just seems usual for two Kentucky teams to be playing each other in another state.
I believe it was at Lindsey Wilson last year? I can see why a college campus is attractive, but I too wondered why TN. LW may have had a conflict.
Would have been nice to have gotten to see this game at Murray State. Guessing there was a conflict. Graves Co. put up more than I thought they would, but dunno if it was against the JV or if Mayfield still had starters in. This has the potential to be a great game if the refs stay out of it. Seems to be a toss up.
Let's be honest both teams would beat austin peay
Mayfield 32 Corbin 28
Both teams had their starters in. It was humid out Friday and MHS boys apparently didn't hydrate. They kept getting cramps. They let a 28-8 lead dwindle with some blown coverages. But, it appeared GC gave every ounce of fight they had.
Hounds by 7.
mysonis55 Wrote:Both teams had their starters in. It was humid out Friday and MHS boys apparently didn't hydrate. They kept getting cramps. They let a 28-8 lead dwindle with some blown coverages. But, it appeared GC gave every ounce of fight they had.

Ok here we go mysoncrampis55 already making excuses for this Friday night. :Hungry::Hungry:
Heard that a Corbin offensive lineman quit the team. Anyone know if it's true, or if he played much?
mysonis55 Wrote:Both teams had their starters in. It was humid out Friday and MHS boys apparently didn't hydrate. They kept getting cramps. They let a 28-8 lead dwindle with some blown coverages. But, it appeared GC gave every ounce of fight they had.

I'm glad Graves County consumed more water, or they would have really got blown out .
64SUR Wrote:Ok here we go mysoncrampis55 already making excuses for this Friday night. :Hungry::Hungry:

Corbin has no chance whatsoever Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin has no chance whatsoever Confusednicker:

Atleast Corbin playing someone this week :pondering: Whitley Playing East Jessamine :dudecomeon: play someone or just schedule a half of game with schools :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Atleast Corbin playing someone this week :pondering: Whitley Playing East Jessamine :dudecomeon: play someone or just schedule a half of game with schools :lmao:

Maybe they will schedule the national powers Beechwood and Mayfield after they recruit some players.or maybe I can be like you and get on a bandwagon. I was being sarcastic anyway about Corbin having no chance. if you believe that you have a chance just ask 55 and he will let you know that you dont.
64SUR Wrote:Ok here we go mysoncrampis55 already making excuses for this Friday night. :Hungry::Hungry:

The good news is, that I won't have to make any excuses for this week.
64, I will try to remember to bring you a Mayfield shirt.
Mayfield
Mayfield - 35

Corbin - 27
After watching the Beechwood and Corbin game, I think this games will be closer than some are predicting. Corbin has a solid line with decent athleticism (on both sides). Corbin also has some really hard runners which could be a problem for Mayfield. I think they will watch the film and see that when Graves double teamed Mr. Hurt, they had much more success running the ball. I hope Mayfield's defense comes out ready to play like they did earlier in the season... With Mayfield's offense, I dont see anyone in the near future holding them to less that 40... so with all that said...

Mayfield: 42
Corbin: 28
CS17 Wrote:After watching the Beechwood and Corbin game, I think this games will be closer than some are predicting. Corbin has a solid line with decent athleticism (on both sides). Corbin also has some really hard runners which could be a problem for Mayfield. I think they will watch the film and see that when Graves double teamed Mr. Hurt, they had much more success running the ball. I hope Mayfield's defense comes out ready to play like they did earlier in the season... With Mayfield's offense, I dont see anyone in the near future holding them to less that 40... so with all that said...

Mayfield: 42
Corbin: 28

Boy, you must have watched it at a weird angle. After watching the Alcoa, PC and Bwood games, I don't see how it can be any closer than a 3 td game.
corbin big
Would anyone from Corbin know #44s height and weight? It's not listed on maxpreps. Thanks in advance.

Btw, my goodness those uniform numbers. How do you know who is who out there?