Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanton Blasts MLB Leading 54th Homer
ATLANTA -- Giancarlo Stanton hit his major-league-leading 54th home run of the season in the Miami Marlins' 6-5 loss to the Atlanta Braves.

After being given a day off on Friday, Stanton hit the homer off rookie left-hander Max Fried in the first inning on Saturday night. The ball would have traveled 456 feet unimpeded, according to MLB Statcast, and landed deep into the left-center seats.

Stanton's 54 homers are the same number that Mark McGwire had through this date in 1999 and the same number Sammy Sosa had through this date in 2001, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20651...nta-braves
Westside Wrote:ATLANTA -- Giancarlo Stanton hit his major-league-leading 54th home run of the season in the Miami Marlins' 6-5 loss to the Atlanta Braves.

After being given a day off on Friday, Stanton hit the homer off rookie left-hander Max Fried in the first inning on Saturday night. The ball would have traveled 456 feet unimpeded, according to MLB Statcast, and landed deep into the left-center seats.

Stanton's 54 homers are the same number that Mark McGwire had through this date in 1999 and the same number Sammy Sosa had through this date in 2001, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20651...nta-braves
Man, is he ever a man among boys this year..

Here's a bit of trivia concerning Stanton. Meaningless and unrelated I know, but the guy that threw the pitch that hit him in the face and put him on the DL last year, ending the great season he was having, was my son's former college team mate..
Bob Seger Wrote:Man, is he ever a man among boys this year..

Here's a bit of trivia concerning Stanton. Meaningless and unrelated I know, but the guy that threw the pitch that hit him in the face and put him on the DL last year, ending the great season he was having, was my son's former college team mate..

Very interesting.