3. Central. 3-1. 112

4. Boyle County. 3-1. 98

5. Elizabethtown. 2-1. 84

6. Bell County. 3-0. 63

7. Lexington Catholic. 2-2. 56

8. Caldwell County. 3-1. 52

9. Casey County. 3-0. 38

10. LaRue County 4-0 28

Others receiving votes: Floyd Central 13, Union County 10, Knott County Central 5, Pendleton County 4, Lawrence County 3, Henry County 3, Western Hills 2, Fleming County 1

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...63391.html
Belfry is clearly #1 until someone in 3A beats them which is not gonna happen for a long time...... Corbin at Belfry deep in the playoffs is probably the first game that Belfry will play where there is at least folks in Corbin that believe they have a chance.....And actually with legendary coach Dudley Hilton back at Bell County, Corbin is not a shoe-in for that playoff game?
Isn't Belfry east of Corbin? If so, the game will be played at Corbin this year.
Finally, order is restored in 3A.
Bell Co keeps moving up slowly. NR at the beginning of the season to #6 now.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Belfry is clearly #1 until someone in 3A beats them which is not gonna happen for a long time...... Corbin at Belfry deep in the playoffs is probably the first game that Belfry will play where there is at least folks in Corbin that believe they have a chance.....And actually with legendary coach Dudley Hilton back at Bell County, Corbin is not a shoe-in for that playoff game?

I think EKUalum said Belfry will have to travel to Louisville to play Central in the playoffs before they would even meet Corbin. That will be a tough roll to hoe. Clearly Belfry is the top dog until someone dethrones them, and that will not be an easy task to say the least. I think most would agree this is the most wide open 3a has been in a couple seasons.
Westside Wrote:I think EKUalum said Belfry will have to travel to Louisville to play Central in the playoffs before they would even meet Corbin. That will be a tough roll to hoe. Clearly Belfry is the top dog until someone dethrones them, and that will not be an easy task to say the least. I think most would agree this is the most wide open 3a has been in a couple seasons.

You can say that until we roll into Louisville and take care of business lol
I think we will see how good Bell is this week, when they play Whitley County on the road. If Bell wins, their worthy of their ranking, but I think Dudley is going to be served with some "humble pie" this week.
Amazing how much the teams drop after the top 5.
mysonis55 Wrote:Isn't Belfry east of Corbin? If so, the game will be played at Corbin this year.

It's not about East/West..it's about Region numbers.

Belfry is in Region 3 and Corbin is Region 4

It is an odd numbered year so the odd numbered Region hosts.

Corbin hosted last year in an even year, Belfry hosts this year.
Yall so hard core sleeping on LC right now and that just means they have more to prove........ yall awoke a giant
BigBlack99 Wrote:Yall so hard core sleeping on LC right now and that just means they have more to prove........ yall awoke a giant

Who is LC?

Lawrence County?
Louisville Central?
Lexington Catholic?
I'm fine with this, but I also think you could interchange any team 2-4 and any team 6-9 in any order at this point and still be ok
I think you can interchange 1-4 right now. They are clearly the top 4 teams in 3A and then theres a major drop off. Etown might be the exception there.

If Bell County is the 6th best team in 3A football, then outside of those top 5, 3A football is the weakest class in the state
BigBlack99 Wrote:Yall so hard core sleeping on LC right now and that just means they have more to prove........ yall awoke a giant

If you're referring to Lawrence Co......they need to beat somebody with some substance before they're gonna be taken seriously.
Can't say that I can remember a 3A poll where Paducah Tilghman did not get a single vote, much less not be ranked somewhere. But it's a legitimate sign of how far the program has fallen. And it will stay that way until parents and alumni demand better.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:If you're referring to Lawrence Co......they need to beat somebody with some substance before they're gonna be taken seriously.

They just need to beat somebody
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They just need to beat somebody

We'll beat somebody week 9 when the dawgs march up pond creek and shock the nation. Its time for the dogs to GET SOME and they're hungry #watchout #boothstroops
lilwhite69 Wrote:We'll beat somebody week 9 when the dawgs march up pond creek and shock the nation. Its time for the dogs to GET SOME and they're hungry #watchout #boothstroops

I'll be sure to to remind you in week nine there's nothing wrong with eating a little crow lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I'll be sure to to remind you in week nine there's nothing wrong with eating a little crow lol

our coaching staff will have a perfect battle plan ready for belfry. With Coaching genius in our program like duggie vanhoose and Defensive coordinator Wesley Booth we will simply out coach Haywood. I wouldn't be surprised if the dawgs came out in a west Virginia 3-3 stack and held the pirates scoreless.

Lawrence counties 2017 season is setting up to be one for the movies. Slow start but the town will rally behind them and will march with them to bowling green and then all the way to the super bowl.
lilwhite69 Wrote:our coaching staff will have a perfect battle plan ready for belfry. With Coaching genius in our program like duggie vanhoose and Defensive coordinator Wesley Booth we will simply out coach Haywood. I wouldn't be surprised if the dawgs came out in a west Virginia 3-3 stack and held the pirates scoreless.

Lawrence counties 2017 season is setting up to be one for the movies. Slow start but the town will rally behind them and will march with them to bowling green and then all the way to the super bowl.

Lol
You will be alone if you go to Bowling Green
E's Army Wrote:You will be alone if you go to Bowling Green

That's what I was thinking they can go to Bowling Green we're going to Lexington lol
lilwhite69 Wrote:our coaching staff will have a perfect battle plan ready for belfry. With Coaching genius in our program like duggie vanhoose and Defensive coordinator Wesley Booth we will simply out coach Haywood. I wouldn't be surprised if the dawgs came out in a west Virginia 3-3 stack and held the pirates scoreless.

you better recruit some of the west virginia players first.
E's Army Wrote:You will be alone if you go to Bowling Green

Hahaha
Going to BG is almost as funny as the OP saying Bell will give corbin a run for the money. They just gave up how many points to MC? Newsflash!!!!! You ain't scoring 75 on the Hounds. You'll be lucky to get over 14