Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 40 Bryan Station 19
Pirates run all over the place in some nasty weather. Last stat I heard was over 500 yards rushing on the night.
Congrats to Belfry
Shout out to Belfry's radio announcer..... saw on Facebook he didn't have the best of accommodations.

The Mountains go 2 for 2 vs. the 'Big City'.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Great job guys!

Nothing has changed from last week. Offense imposed their will and played well. Belfry backs will run all over the place with a solid o-line who still needs a tad of work but it by any account solid.

D though. Produces few negative plays, gave up a fair amount of big plays and could not impose their will.

I swear this - I am rooting for our D. But our D needs to improve. The reality is, we might just do the best we can and hope we outscore our opponents. I think that is fine. We all know Ray/Cole/Hall/ etc are gone. You lose that many solid bigs and there is going to be a fall off. I think we will be ok, but gotta keep chopping on D. Keep tinkering with the front 7 and probably need to be more creative with personell this year that we have had to in the past.

Good job guys.
BS had 26 fans, Belfry about 100. It was a miserable night except for the score.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PaytoPlay Wrote:Great job guys!

Nothing has changed from last week. Offense imposed their will and played well. Belfry backs will run all over the place with a solid o-line who still needs a tad of work but it by any account solid.

D though. Produces few negative plays, gave up a fair amount of big plays and could not impose their will.

I swear this - I am rooting for our D. But our D needs to improve. The reality is, we might just do the best we can and hope we outscore our opponents. I think that is fine. We all know Ray/Cole/Hall/ etc are gone. You lose that many solid bigs and there is going to be a fall off. I think we will be ok, but gotta keep chopping on D. Keep tinkering with the front 7 and probably need to be more creative with personell this year that we have had to in the past.

Good job guys.

Wouldn't get too down on your defense, they have played some tough opponents. I doubt many 3a teams will score much on them.
0ff The Chain Wrote:Wouldn't get too down on your defense, they have played some tough opponents. I doubt many 3a teams will score much on them.

I agree we're darn good
Belfry with almost 600 yards of offense they can take it to the house anytime we run a play
Congratulations pirates
We really need to clean up those silly penalties! BS couldn't stop the run at all, they had no answer for Taveon Hunter and Derek Wellman.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our running backs are home run threats any time they get a crack. Love it.
Congratulations Pirates!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Shout out to Belfry's radio announcer..... saw on Facebook he didn't have the best of accommodations.

The Mountains go 2 for 2 vs. the 'Big City'.

I'm going to have to disagree. Harlan Co. lost to Tates Creek 28 to 11. If Harlan County with the highest points in KY is not a Mountain Team then Johnson Central is a Mole Hill team.
Any win is a great win, I'll take it. But, this is the second week in a row that we had a big lead and the defense struggled. Last week it cost us a win. Little concerned! With that said, our running game is amazing! Against Huntinton Highs monster D-Line, we rushed for over 400 yards. That's something to brag about. Last night we pretty much run everywhere. Don't know how many rushing yards we had but I would bet it was over 400 again. Our running backs are great but we have to give some credit to our "Big Hogs" on the O-Line! After graduating our line last year everyone was worried about this year's line and if they could fill the shoes. Well I think they've done an outstanding job and could very possibly be one of our best areas. Only knock on them is depth, there's just not much in reserve if someone goes down. Still a long way to go and still very early in the season. We'll be ok come playoff time but there are some areas on defense that worry the heck out of me. We can't continue to get off to a quick start in the first 2 quarters only to let teams fight their way back into the game. If this isn't fixed, we'll never win that 5th straight! I believe in our coaching staff that they will get this resolved and even more, I believe in our young men that they will step up and overcome! Go Pirates!