Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shurtleff Signs with Georgetown
bobs a good guy
nobody said it was all from football. I said in an earlier post that noone can say you can't get a full ride to georgetown, cuz you can.
i dont think that NAIA colleges give out full rides but they make it through FAFSA and things to where u do not pay anything
ManChild Jr. Wrote:
spxdad Wrote:
ManChild Jr. Wrote:At the beginning of the process, he was told he'd be either a tight end or blocking back. But at the signing they told him they were leaning more toward a blocking back. He was excited to play anywhere, and has WANTED to attend Georgetown from the beginning. He met his goal, and never believe it when someone says you can't get a full ride to Georgetown.....! (because you can!) Confusedhock:
Can't get a full athletic ride.
I also think Robert could have done wonders at Pikeville College, joining the best recruiting class in the mid south conference this year.
If you are going to play in the Mid South Conference, why not play at home and join a recruiting class that will battle G-Town in a year or two if not next year?

He got a FULL RIDE. Call 'em and ask.

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:17 pm:

So, you're saying you can't get a full ride to Georgetown, but how are all these area guys getting full rides to Pikeville College? Ask them, Josh already has it in writing that he gets a full ride to Pikeville if he signs with them. Robert DOES have a full ride, with his great academics, and ability on the football field, Georgetown worked up a package that is A FULL RIDE...

Chill Manchild.
NAIA schools don't have the scholarships available for athletic full rides. Typically when someone speaks of a "full ride" they are talking athletics. Just as Gtown has done with some of their players, Pikeville is doing the same thing, putting together academic money and financial aid together with a "partial" athletic scholarship.

As far as the best recruiting class in the Mid South, I have seen the players committed to several of the schools and Pikeville has FOUR legit D1 prospects(who had OFFERS from D1 programs) in Doug Howard, John Mark Stephens, Brad Marshall, and Nick Jamerson along with the Sullivans. What I have seen from Gtown doesn't match that at this time.
I generally don't make many statements without having good info to back it.
Question spx do NAIA colleges even give full ride Academic scolarships i just wasnt sure on this???

i agree spx i think as of now p-Ville has the better players LOCALY that doesnt mean that they dont have realy good recruits out of state.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Question spx do NAIA colleges even give full ride Academic scolarships i just wasnt sure on this???

i agree spx i think as of now p-Ville has the better players LOCALY that doesnt mean that they dont have realy good recruits out of state.
Yes, there are full academic scholarships available.
You seem to have a lot of information. Have you spoken with PC coach Jerry Mynatt and Bill Cronin from Gtown?
Congratulations Rob! PDT_002
PIkevile is getting a pretty good redruiting class this year, and I wouldnt be surprised if they are competing with the Georgetowns and other NAIA powerhouses within the next few years.
hello Gtown not only got shurtleff but the picked up Menetry from BWood if im correct...right SPXdad
nah spx not talked to either coach :-) i just have knowlege on things i guess lol and i know that most of G-Towns recruits come from more out of the state and out of like western Ky. But P-ville college seems to have moved away from SC and GA to pick up so local talent which i like.

and thanks for clarifing up the academic things
I dont know but they have jamerson and howard so ill be watching more games this year.
yes i cant wait to watch P-Ville play this year do they have alot of home games this year???????/ or does anyone have any idea
I am pretty sure that you cant get a full ride in any way, it is possible to get most of the money from athletics/academics, but there is always gonna be a void of about 2-5,000 dollars, this void, however, can be filled by various student loans, grants, or national financial aid from the FAFSA form. I know that when i talked to coach mynatt he told me that it was pretty near impossible to get EVERYTHING paid for by the college. But hey, it's alot better than paying 15,000 a semester.