Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeologists, scholars dispute Jesus documentary
crazytaxidriver Wrote:The christian people are really tired of being ridiculed for what they believe.. and it's not goin to change.

No ridicule going on here, just debate. I'm not saying I believe one thing or another, because it doesn't apply here.

I'm not saying I believe what the documentary is saying either. Just trying to show that you can't always discredit what one person says without actually listening to them.

Discrediting something before you read it or watch is ridiculous. Columbus said the world was round, well people for hundreds of years had been told it was flat and they believed it was flat, but someone gave him a chance and he proved it was not.
I read the article about this today.

The man that they believed to be Jesus and the woman believed to be Mary were not brother/sister/related so not saying that it is so but they could have been a couple..or perfect strangers.

Like CE said, the chances of them all being there together with the names and inscriptions that were there are 600 to 1.

I read the book and watched the film. Both were excellent works. Does that mean that I believe what was in them? No. Do I think that it is possible for these to be the bodies of Christ and his family? Yes.

The bodies were discovered in 1980 but until now no one had even tried to bring them up. It took James Cameron and his works in order to bring publicity to them period. If this turns out to be true then this discovery would change so much about religion, history, and our lives that it's not even funny. The CIA will probably have him knocked off and the boxes burnt before next week.

I watched the film and don't believe any of it. First off, how would Jesus family have afforded the tomb, as they were really poor and such burials were a staple for the rich. The same story came out in the early 80's and was quickly dismissed. The theory of jesus having a son is only spoken of in the divinci code, which is fiction. Kinda makes you wonder why this film was done after the movie release of the divinci code, I say it's for money. The tomb name that bears "Judah son of Jesus" could be anyone. Jesus was a common name, there were many sons of Jesus running around. If Jesus did buy a tomb why would he be buried in Jerusalem, he was known as the king of Nazareth. I just really think the whole thing is crap.
i love jesus

jesus just went up to heaven he wasnt buried!

he wasn't dead
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I watched the film and don't believe any of it. First off, how would Jesus family have afforded the tomb, as they were really poor and such burials were a staple for the rich. The same story came out in the early 80's and was quickly dismissed. The theory of jesus having a son is only spoken of in the divinci code, which is fiction. Kinda makes you wonder why this film was done after the movie release of the divinci code, I say it's for money. The tomb name that bears "Judah son of Jesus" could be anyone. Jesus was a common name, there were many sons of Jesus running around. If Jesus did buy a tomb why would he be buried in Jerusalem, he was known as the king of Nazareth. I just really think the whole thing is crap.

the tomb was given for jesus to be buried in by a man named simon i think.. i'm not really sure.. And Jesus was the king of the jews not the king of nazareth..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I know he was the king of the jews. My point was that he was called "Jesus of Nazareth"