Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Top 10 2005
I'm not going to do a full top 10, simply because I do not have reports in from each team in Class A and really, after the top 4 or 5 the bottom teams do not matter. But it should look something like...

1 Beechwood
2 Newport Catholic
3 Mayfield
4 Louisville Holy Cross
5 Danville

Pikeville, Frankfort, Hancock County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, Murray, etc. should round out the bottom 5+ or so. Not like it really matters: The power is always in the Top 3-5 in Class A.
we'll have to wait and see this year....anything could happen.
1.Newport Central Catholic
2.Beechwood
3.Danville
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lousiville Holy Cross
7.Paintsville
8.Lynn Camp
9.Harrodsburg
10.Somerset
thumb4.gif
Good 10 PHSFan
Big Grin good with me
PHSFAN Wrote:1.Newport Central Catholic
2.Beechwood
3.Danville
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lousiville Holy Cross
7.Paintsville
8.Lynn Camp
9.Harrodsburg
10.Somerset

Looks good to me PHSFAN.
2.Beechwood
3.Danville
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lousiville Holy Cross
7.Somerset
8.Lynn Camp
9.Paintsville
10.Harrodsburg
I like Newport Catholic as the #1, but Beechwood won state. And I live by the motto that the defending state champ is always #1 until proven otherwise.

Having said that, Dustin Menetrey is a HUGE loss. He was their entire team last year - their leader on both offense and defense, especially the offense.

Newport Catholic returns a bunch, but loses a bunch. Not quite as much as the Tigers, though...

There is no reason for Pikeville to be in the Top 5. Mayfield will have a very nice team next year, as will Lou. Holy Cross.

Danville is a little high at #3 also. They weren't even #2 in the state last year (though they were in the finals), and they lose their only weapon in Kelvin Turner. They belong in the 4-5 range.
thedon1082 Wrote:I like Newport Catholic as the #1, but Beechwood won state. And I live by the motto that the defending state champ is always #1 until proven otherwise.

Having said that, Dustin Menetrey is a HUGE loss. He was their entire team last year - their leader on both offense and defense, especially the offense.

Newport Catholic returns a bunch, but loses a bunch. Not quite as much as the Tigers, though...

There is no reason for Pikeville to be in the Top 5. Mayfield will have a very nice team next year, as will Lou. Holy Cross.

I believe that either Beechwood or NCC could be preseason #1, and IMO the two will be the class of class A football in 2005. I think Pikeville is a definite top 5 team in class A. I think they can play with anyone and beat anyone in class A besides Beechwodd and NCC. Danville and Mayfield are always tough and find ways to win in the playoffs. I think next season we will once again see a final four in class A of Mayfield, Danville, Beechwood/NCC, and Pikeville. I hope Beechwood comes out of Region 3. I have a lot of respet for their program and Coach Yeagle.
me too id love to see the panthers have another shot at them
yeah.. i agree with phs fan on his list...
liveMAROON Wrote:me too id love to see the panthers have another shot at them

Why, I understand winning region and all, but playing any class A school up north is just the same as someone begging to get blasted over seas.
Pikeville, which will probably be EKY's best in 1A next year, has no shot of beating Beechwood or Newport Catholic. And that's being optimistic about it.
thedon1082 Wrote:Pikeville, which will probably be EKY's best in 1A next year, has no shot of beating Beechwood or Newport Catholic. And that's being optimistic about it.

I agree with you as I have stated several times Region 4 will not beat Region 3 next season. I will say this though Pikeville has a lot of young talent and they will compete with Region 3 in upcoming seasons. Pikeville and Beechwood have had several close games over the years and a few blowouts by each team, mostly by Beechwood as of late. Pikeville will field a team in 2006 and esp. 2007 that will contend for a state championship. Like I said earlier whether or not they win the close game is another question.
Quote:Pikeville, which will probably be EKY's best in 1A next year, has no shot of beating Beechwood or Newport Catholic. And that's being optimistic about it.

If Pikeville gets the right coaching staff in place and the kids work hard, they will be drilling Beechwood and NCC again like the good ole days.
I hope you aren't talking about next season JP. Cause with the new coach and everything coming in, things will start off different, and since Beechwood, and NCC have been doin the same thing for a few years now, I don't think anything will be different.
jetpilot Wrote:If Pikeville gets the right coaching staff in place and the kids work hard, they will be drilling Beechwood and NCC again like the good ole days.
Not next season, not the season after that, or in the next 5 years...I really hope you weren't talking about this coming season.

Pikeville, or any of EKY, has no chance vs. the 'Breds or Tigers this coming season.
Just my opinion...
2.Beechwood
3.Mayfield
4.Lousiville Holy Cross
5. Danville
6.Somerset
7.Lynn Camp
8.Paintsville
9.Pikeville
10.Harrodsburg
Quote:Not next season, not the season after that, or in the next 5 years...I really hope you weren't talking about this coming season.

Pikeville, or any of EKY, has no chance vs. the 'Breds or Tigers this coming season.

WOW. You've analyzed the talent of NCC and Beechwood vs. E Ky all the way down to the 7th grade? Most of the good players for Beechwood and NCC 5 years from now won't even transfer there for another 3 or 4 years. But please share your wisdom with us O Loud One From The North. :roll:
Amen........like always we will have to wait and see
1.Beechwood
2.Danville
3.Newport Central Catholic
4.Mayfield
5.Lousiville Holy Cross
6.Pikeville
7.Paintsville
8.Frankfort
9.Lynn Camp
10.Somerset
newport, beechwood, danville, mayfield, than pikeville
jetpilot Wrote:WOW. You've analyzed the talent of NCC and Beechwood vs. E Ky all the way down to the 7th grade? Most of the good players for Beechwood and NCC 5 years from now won't even transfer there for another 3 or 4 years. But please share your wisdom with us O Loud One From The North. :roll:
Cute comment, albeit 100% incorrect.

Pikeville has shown almost no signs of life, or even going in the right direction in the past 10+ years. I don't know what it is - they have nice facilities, and a seemingly OK football community, but nothing will jumpstart them to even think about competing with the big boys.

I don't see the ship turning around in the next 5 years, and that's why I said that...
Hip-hop Box Wrote:1.Beechwood
2.Danville
3.Newport Central Catholic
4.Mayfield
5.Lousiville Holy Cross
6.Pikeville
7.Paintsville
8.Frankfort
9.Lynn Camp
10.Somerset
Interesting list. I'm definitely going to have to question you on Danville being in the #2 spot. You did pay attention to 1A football last year, correct?
Quote:Pikeville has shown almost no signs of life, or even going in the right direction in the past 10+ years. I don't know what it is - they have nice facilities, and a seemingly OK football community, but nothing will jumpstart them to even think about competing with the big boys.

I don't see the ship turning around in the next 5 years, and that's why I said that...

Your posts have no substance...they remind me of that mak guy on another site...you know, the guy that has that avatar of a bald black dude with big boobs. :wink:
spxdad Wrote:Just my opinion...
2.Beechwood
3.Mayfield
4.Lousiville Holy Cross
5. Danville
6.Somerset
7.Lynn Camp
8.Paintsville
9.Pikeville
10.Harrodsburg
laugh1.gif Pikeville #9? no chance