Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Bell County updates
Mboro turns over on downs
jacket-pride Wrote:What part would I be kidding about?

Bell County faithful would tell you that their offense is better than last year.

If you are watching Anthony Jackson and Isaiah Williams and don't think they will do big things this year, you're blind. Offensive line seems improved as well.

I could go on but I'm going to enjoy the rest of this game.
I would say bell has less talent (arguably)
I would say they have a better coach
I would also say we still can't tackle and I just don't see a big jump in improvement. Again only an opinion.
Mr. Obvious Wrote:Bell County faithful would tell you that their offense is better than last year.

If you are watching Anthony Jackson and Isaiah Williams and don't think they will do big things this year, you're blind. Offensive line seems improved as well.

I could go on but I'm going to enjoy the rest of this game.

I definitely have expectations for them. I also expect Williams to lay down at some point or do something to miss games
jacket-pride Wrote:Bell arguably has less talent this year than last ( much better coach tho) and we should be better because of our age? I know it's game one but I see absolutely zero improvement! Very frustrating.

This is primarily what I would contest. Laughable how negative Middlesboro fans can be.
Well you take massengill and see how positive you are and for how long! Let him come run your alma mater into the ground.
Bell will get better under the old coach but I'm thinking it will be a season or two before they are the Bell of old. Right now it would get ugly playing Belfry, Corbin, Central or any of the top 3a teams in my opinion.
Bell 42
Mboro 21
11:40 4th
Mboro fumble, Bell recovers.
jacket-pride Wrote:Well you take massengill and see how positive you are and for how long! Let him come run your alma mater into the ground.

You're the one telling these kids from Middlesboro that after a year of hard work that they don't look any better at all. Seems like you would do more lifting up than just downgrading every component of the program. Criticize the coach if you'd like but give credit to the kids whom have shown improvement in many areas.
Mr. Obvious Wrote:You're the one telling these kids from Middlesboro that after a year of hard work that they don't look any better at all. Seems like you would do more lifting up than just downgrading every component of the program. Criticize the coach if you'd like but give credit to the kids whom have shown improvement in many areas.

Not downgrading the players they are kids. It's not their fault that there's no one there with a good enough work ethic to develop them. I would say the "bell faithful" would say Hilton has done more developing in a few months that massengill has in 3 years.
IAM4BC Wrote:Bell 42
Mboro 21
11:40 4th

How improved is Bell ?
jacket-pride Wrote:Not downgrading the players they are kids. It's not their fault that there's no one there with a good enough work ethic to develop them. I would say the "bell faithful" would say Hilton has done more developing in a few months that massengill has in 3 years.

Well perhaps you should become one of the bell faithful yourself.

And, yes, you are ignoring all personal improvements made by many of these kids. Anthony Jackson had never played QB before this season. He was formidable. Seems like something a coach may have been involved in. If you don't think the OLine showed improvement well then you don't know much about football.

I predicted a 17 point victory by Bell County. Not bad on my part. Tanner Asher seems to be the feature back for the Bobcats. They threw the ball more effectively than I anticipated.
Bell 42
Mboro 21
Final
Bells D isin't good Middlesboro D is Awful... They play a good offense they are both gonna give up in the 30s-40s every game! Bell will be much improved when Wombles is back! How's that Defense working for you Massengil!
Truthhurts Wrote:Bells D isin't good Middlesboro D is Awful... They play a good offense they are both gonna give up in the 30s-40s every game! Bell will be much improved when Wombles is back! How's that Defense working for you Massengil!

I'm kind of surprised they didn't change it up in the off-season as part of their playbook makeover. I can handle the offense I saw tonight. I think they definitely win 3 but could win as many as 5 if they stay healthy. I think the Rogers kid was their backup QB so they will need Jackson to stay healthy and they will need Williams to stay on the field.