Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Racism in the United States Almost Gone Before Obama?
Bob Seger Wrote:Just what I thought, you're one of them...A POS.

Boomerrang
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Nope. Per usual, no fish in the pond.

Note: I have not labeled Donald Trump a racist, nor a white supremacist. I addressed constituencies, rough and tumble politics, coalition building, and how politicians have to cozy up to folks and groups they'd rather not all the time. Nah, you don't love the straw, TRT, not at all.

And you try to say you're not obsessed with me? LOL, you can't even keep straight who in the heck you're even talking to. The conversation was between you and Bob, bozo. :hilarious:

You address and advocate for... homosexuality and abortion on demand, as the planks of the Democrat party platform unmistakable decree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:And you try to say you're not obsessed with me? LOL, you can't even keep straight who in the heck you're even talking to. The conversation was between you and Bob, bozo. :hilarious:

You address and advocate for... homosexuality and abortion on demand, as the planks of the Democrat party platform unmistakable decree.

Which makes it even more sickening when he starts with some of this "woman at the well" stuff...The guy is a disgusting hypocrite and a full fledged pathological liar.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Boomerrang

Again, no denial...lol
TheRealThing Wrote:And you try to say you're not obsessed with me? LOL, you can't even keep straight who in the heck you're even talking to. The conversation was between you and Bob, bozo. :hilarious:

You and Bob, Bob and you

Throw in a few more too

It's all the same: zealots.
Bob Seger Wrote:Again, no denial...lol

Ah, Bob, we see you. Speaking of denial, have you misplaced your cap? Maybe you left it at the private school luncheon?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You and Bob, Bob and you

Throw in a few more too

It's all the same: zealots.

You and denial, denial and you.

You and delusion, delusion and you.

You and rabid liberalism, rabid liberalism and you.

You and projection, projection and you.

You and deceit, deceit and you.

You and lies, lies and you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Note: President Obama supported the peaceful protest of perceived injustice (disproportionate rates of police violence/killing of blacks in certain police districts). He did NOT support burning and looting. That is a distinction with a difference. "I wish folk in our culture would let folks have their say, their march or parade or whatever, and just go about their day." There is some merit in that position in a 1st Amendment, free speech culture; however, supremacist views must be countered, answered clearly, and, really, the President should lead that charge, with zero equivocation or hedged bets. The white supremacists have hateful doctrine and violence. To protest white supremacism is not hateful. To advocate and employ violence is destructive. Again, it is a distinction with a clear difference.

While I disagree 💯 against the white supremacist. They have been the less destructive of the groups . While BLM and Antifa have killed multiple cops and shot civilians. Burned cities and businesses to the ground over false testimonies about hands being up when they was proven false by evidence. To say Obama asked supported peaceful protest is one thing . Because there wasn't any damn peaceful protest. The media covered everything they want us to see.
The guy who started this thread, what are you on? Racism all but dead? LOL
catdoggy Wrote:The guy who started this thread, what are you on? Racism all but dead? LOL

Hey stupidass, you gonna cry to the mods, whine snot and blubber around this time again?

:hilarious:
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey stupidass, you gonna cry to the mods, whine snot and blubber around this time again?

:hilarious:

I remember you now. Same guy who instead of debating a topic will insist that the other person is a duplicate account, or just as you have here, say the other person "cries to the mods".
catdoggy Wrote:I remember you now. Same guy who instead of debating a topic will insist that the other person is a duplicate account, or just as you have here, say the other person "cries to the mods".

Well now, I don't remember the first time in the history of my time here on BGR that I have ever made an accusation of such..I know how big you snott flinging liberals are on science. Being said, a guilty party is usually the first to bring the subject up.

Interesting, catdoogy.
I would go as far to say that I was racist as a child and adolescent. I went through 14 years of school in eastern kentucky.... and from the day of my birth, until I was 19-20, I had never spoken to a person of another race. It wasn't out of desire, but because I had never went to school with another, nor traveled much. I *might* have passed by a black or mexican man, and exchanged a 'hi" once or twice. But as far as a full sentence, or anything resembling a conversation. Growing up in Pike County, I was raised by a preacher and an angel of a mother. But there was something inherent about my belief system. I, and everyone I knew and associated with, frequently exchanged 'black jokes'. An occassional N-Word was dropped. Girls that we knew who dated black men were 'disgusting'. I also remember when my football team played a local school with a black guy, they went to the town during the middle of the night and spray painted racial slurs on the road leading to us. At the time, it was funny. Things changed slowly at first for me -- I moved to Lexington and was exposed to more ethnic backgrounds. This was at 20 years old, in 2002.

I still remember the day, place, name, and exact conversation I had with the first Muslim I had ever met. This was less than a year after 9/11. His name was a black man from Somalia named Adam, it was at the Amazon fulfillment warehouse in Lexington off Mercer. He explained to me the things that were in common with Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. Now, did I jump at the chance to make a friend out of him? No. Nor did I go out and start donating to CAIR or the NAACP. It wasn't until I was 25 and joined the Army that I left behind the "me of Kentucky".

My bunkmate/battle buddy was a fellow named Shelton Ard. A massive beast of a black man from Gulf Port, Mississippi. Seriously, he was built like Shannon Sharpe with Tyrese looks. He was a straight up thug, and I was scared to absolute death to be around him. I watched him during a combative class win against every person in my platoon over the course of 90 minutes. The platoon sergeant then decided to have a little fun and allow him to take on two at once. Again, he won. Then the day came that he and I were chosen to fight each other in a Pugil Stick tournament. I had won easily in the previous two fights. But again, this guy was a monster. I'm pretty sure he was the leader of the gulf of mexico cartel, and had killed people.I went as hard as I possibly could in the first 30 seconds. I figured it was my only chance to win. He had stamina and strength that I couldn't come close to. Then it happened -- He blacked my eye, busted my nose, and split open my gum with one hit to the face. WITH A HEAVILY PADDED PUGIL STICK. I knew I was afraid of him for a reason. But it turns out that I wasn't nearly as scared of him physically as I was of his skin color. Again, I remember the day, time, place, name, and conversation like it was yesterday. He asked me point blank if I had ever had a black friend before. I hadn't, and I didn't want to tell him so. But I didn't even need to answer, because he could tell. And he said something to me that I'll never ever forget: "Don't answer buddy... Its yes. I'm your friend." I broke down in tears, realizing that I was afflicted with the most horrible and dreaded disease -- hate. I hated blacks, yet didn't have any reason other than fear. He tore down my walls. HE became one of the best friends I've ever had. And I became HIS best man when he got married.

And when I got to my permanent duty station @ Fort Lews, I was given a black room mate. For the next 4 years I lived in a room about the size of a large bathroom with this guy. Hewitt Watson from Detroit. By the time I left the army, 80% of my closest group of friends were of another ethnicity. 3 Blacks, 2 Latino, 1 Native American, 1 Israeli, and 1 Pakistani Muslim.

Looking back on it all, I remember them telling us that they were going to 'tear us down and apart, then build us back up again.' And they did. They tore apart the Kentucky version of me, and rebuilt me into a color blind American. And I'll be forever grateful to them for that.

America isn't now, nor ever will be free of racism. Too many of us are taught it from birth. Even when its subtle, it still leaves an imprint on our souls. I live in Virginia now, and Charlottesville was one of the saddest things I've witnessed in the past decade or so. Here in Williamsburg Virginia (my hometown), I have worked at the Republican county headquarters for the past several years. One of the most disgusting displays of racism came from within those walls. I was running the office one day, when a group of would-be volunteers came in to be trained for their jobs. The group was about 6 people in size. I think it included 4 women and 2 men. All were successful businessmen and women, from the looks of it anyways. They drove caddilacs and bmw's. All were over 60 years old and the two men were on the board for the homeowners association at one of the most prestigous gated communities on the east coast: King's Mill. One of the men, when I introduced myself, saw that I had an Army shirt on. He asked me if I had served, and I nodded yes. He then described what his time in Vietnam was like. He proceeded to tell me that he had it easy as an Army Officer, and that he made sure that his white troops had it easy as well. The other guy said, "The army wasn't segregated then?" and he replied, "No... unfortunately. But within my platoon, it might as well had been. *chuckles*". I intervened and told them that it was unacceptable conversation, and not only take it outside, but to leave the premises.... About that time, the little old church ladies spoke up and told me to mind my own business. Blacks have it easy today because of white people who work and pay their welfare check. They should be on their knees thanking us for all we do for 'those people'. And then it concluded with the man who wasn't in the army, saying something to the effect of -- "Dirty, disgusting, lazy, and smelly. Thats what you are -- N*ggers have rubbed that off on you."

I know first-hand what a racist is. I was one. And it saddens me to see it alive and well. What will it take to move past this disgraceful period in our nation's history?
ronald reagan Wrote:I would go as far to say that I was racist as a child and adolescent. I went through 14 years of school in eastern kentucky.... and from the day of my birth, until I was 19-20, I had never spoken to a person of another race. It wasn't out of desire, but because I had never went to school with another, nor traveled much. I *might* have passed by a black or mexican man, and exchanged a 'hi" once or twice. But as far as a full sentence, or anything resembling a conversation. Growing up in Pike County, I was raised by a preacher and an angel of a mother. But there was something inherent about my belief system. I, and everyone I knew and associated with, frequently exchanged 'black jokes'. An occassional N-Word was dropped. Girls that we knew who dated black men were 'disgusting'. I also remember when my football team played a local school with a black guy, they went to the town during the middle of the night and spray painted racial slurs on the road leading to us. At the time, it was funny. Things changed slowly at first for me -- I moved to Lexington and was exposed to more ethnic backgrounds. This was at 20 years old, in 2002.

I still remember the day, place, name, and exact conversation I had with the first Muslim I had ever met. This was less than a year after 9/11. His name was a black man from Somalia named Adam, it was at the Amazon fulfillment warehouse in Lexington off Mercer. He explained to me the things that were in common with Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. Now, did I jump at the chance to make a friend out of him? No. Nor did I go out and start donating to CAIR or the NAACP. It wasn't until I was 25 and joined the Army that I left behind the "me of Kentucky".

My bunkmate/battle buddy was a fellow named Shelton Ard. A massive beast of a black man from Gulf Port, Mississippi. Seriously, he was built like Shannon Sharpe with Tyrese looks. He was a straight up thug, and I was scared to absolute death to be around him. I watched him during a combative class win against every person in my platoon over the course of 90 minutes. The platoon sergeant then decided to have a little fun and allow him to take on two at once. Again, he won. Then the day came that he and I were chosen to fight each other in a Pugil Stick tournament. I had won easily in the previous two fights. But again, this guy was a monster. I'm pretty sure he was the leader of the gulf of mexico cartel, and had killed people.I went as hard as I possibly could in the first 30 seconds. I figured it was my only chance to win. He had stamina and strength that I couldn't come close to. Then it happened -- He blacked my eye, busted my nose, and split open my gum with one hit to the face. WITH A HEAVILY PADDED PUGIL STICK. I knew I was afraid of him for a reason. But it turns out that I wasn't nearly as scared of him physically as I was of his skin color. Again, I remember the day, time, place, name, and conversation like it was yesterday. He asked me point blank if I had ever had a black friend before. I hadn't, and I didn't want to tell him so. But I didn't even need to answer, because he could tell. And he said something to me that I'll never ever forget: "Don't answer buddy... Its yes. I'm your friend." I broke down in tears, realizing that I was afflicted with the most horrible and dreaded disease -- hate. I hated blacks, yet didn't have any reason other than fear. He tore down my walls. HE became one of the best friends I've ever had. And I became HIS best man when he got married.

And when I got to my permanent duty station @ Fort Lews, I was given a black room mate. For the next 4 years I lived in a room about the size of a large bathroom with this guy. Hewitt Watson from Detroit. By the time I left the army, 80% of my closest group of friends were of another ethnicity. 3 Blacks, 2 Latino, 1 Native American, 1 Israeli, and 1 Pakistani Muslim.

Looking back on it all, I remember them telling us that they were going to 'tear us down and apart, then build us back up again.' And they did. They tore apart the Kentucky version of me, and rebuilt me into a color blind American. And I'll be forever grateful to them for that.

America isn't now, nor ever will be free of racism. Too many of us are taught it from birth. Even when its subtle, it still leaves an imprint on our souls. I live in Virginia now, and Charlottesville was one of the saddest things I've witnessed in the past decade or so. Here in Williamsburg Virginia (my hometown), I have worked at the Republican county headquarters for the past several years. One of the most disgusting displays of racism came from within those walls. I was running the office one day, when a group of would-be volunteers came in to be trained for their jobs. The group was about 6 people in size. I think it included 4 women and 2 men. All were successful businessmen and women, from the looks of it anyways. They drove caddilacs and bmw's. All were over 60 years old and the two men were on the board for the homeowners association at one of the most prestigous gated communities on the east coast: King's Mill. One of the men, when I introduced myself, saw that I had an Army shirt on. He asked me if I had served, and I nodded yes. He then described what his time in Vietnam was like. He proceeded to tell me that he had it easy as an Army Officer, and that he made sure that his white troops had it easy as well. The other guy said, "The army wasn't segregated then?" and he replied, "No... unfortunately. But within my platoon, it might as well had been. *chuckles*". I intervened and told them that it was unacceptable conversation, and not only take it outside, but to leave the premises.... About that time, the little old church ladies spoke up and told me to mind my own business. Blacks have it easy today because of white people who work and pay their welfare check. They should be on their knees thanking us for all we do for 'those people'. And then it concluded with the man who wasn't in the army, saying something to the effect of -- "Dirty, disgusting, lazy, and smelly. Thats what you are -- N*ggers have rubbed that off on you."

I know first-hand what a racist is. I was one. And it saddens me to see it alive and well. What will it take to move past this disgraceful period in our nation's history?

Honest dealings and sanity?

I was in the service too and though I can't say I ever ran across anybody who felt the way you did, I agree, racism does exist in our day. During my service career I sure didn't see any of it first hand though. But I will go so far as to say it's existence is near 100% a fictitious misrepresentation of bozos who just will not let it die a well deserved and long overdue death. Now, the reactions by those affected by racial hatred, such as police who are victimized by random executions, or towns folk who're victimized by the multiple burnings of business districts as was the case in Ferguson, MO, or who've been assaulted or threatened for being a Trump supporter are certainly real enough. But still, said actions of anarchy are the manufactured byproduct of liars whom constantly fan the flames of unrest. Like Frankenstein, they just keep putting electrical charges into a once dead issue. Said charges always being accompanied by those iconic power grid brown-outs, which in our case represent a very real threat to the US chances of peaceful longevity. Our President is no bigot, but that is the lie coming from the left and it is only one of many.

The issue in our time is civic and patriotic responsibility. Somehow we've gotten ourselves into a mindset where we more or less accept being told what is moral behavior, even to the point of being legislated in that direction by government. That despite the fact that we allowed rabid liberals to brick up any perceived opening in the wall of separation of Church and State. Such notion directly usurps the power and the purview of the Church BTW. Meanwhile as in your case, life lessons are sufficient to teach all men the realities of morality. Back to tacks, mid 19th Century we Americans declared ourselves wise enough of our own to self govern, and summarily abandoned the very authority by which even Jefferson recognized made all men worthy to self govern. According to the case he pled before King George, we are bestowed with certain unalienable rights by our Creator, and it is under willful subjection to His authority that we broke from the control of the crown. And it was to be under His authority and guidance that we were to remain worthy to self govern, and that of course includes how we maintain orderly civil obedience.

Ethnic jokes are funny and I know for a fact that they always go both ways. Who really cares? And anyway, when one can joke about something it normally means he's past getting his feelings hurt about his own ethnicity. And dare I mention that we are, every last one of us, designed down to an hourly hair count by our Creator? We are in our minutest individual intricacy, the work product of God Almighty. What distinguishes us in the negative, are our thoughts and actions. I don't care how mashed one may feel, he doesn't begin to have the right to destroy public and private property, these and certainly felonious assault, are crimes worthy of a jail sentence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]