Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County @ Lincoln County 8/18/2017 (Death Valley Bowl)
Not heard alot about either team yet. Hoping tigers are much improved this year. Who wins and why?
Clay will be improved. It seems like the kids are buying into Coach Sizemore's methods. On the road, Patriots are just a little too much, Lincoln County 24, Tigers 16. Clay heading in right direction and can't get discouraged. It's a long journey!
Wow having a hard time on this one hoping Clay County win...............But

Lincoln County 35
Clay County 14
:foreveralone:
Given Lincoln County's history in their Death Valley Bowl, it looks like they might have finally scheduled a game they can win.

Kidding aside, hope it's a good game. Still scheduled for 6pm kickoff as the first game?
Death Valley is a tough place to play .Lincoln County 35-14.
Patriots by 21.
Clay did 2 things in the scrimmage vs Jackson that they couldn't do for the past 3 seasons which shows a sign of hope. Hand the ball off and group tackle. We will definitely be better.
Bird Wrote:Clay did 2 things in the scrimmage vs Jackson that they couldn't do for the past 3 seasons which shows a sign of hope. Hand the ball off and group tackle. We will definitely be better.

Coach Sizemore knows how to run the ball. He'll have the WingT firing and ready to go. The ground game will help the Tigers do well this year!

Excited to see what happens.
I am unfamiliar with the talent Lincoln Co. possess, but I can agree with WalterWhite on the fact that Clay is getting better. Sizemore has them pointed in the right direction. Hard to gauge Clay from their scrimmage against Jackson County the other night because that was the first time I had ever seen the Generals play. I do see much improvement from Clay's receivers, linebackers, and running backs. Not slacking on any other positions, but those were the most improved IMHO. The one obvious fact is Sizemore has them playing TEAM ball. No one cares who scores/tackles as long as someone does it. Gotta love a group who buys into the TEAM concept. It won't be until the 2019 season that Sizemore can actually play games he has scheduled. Till then...the Tigers have to play the hand they are dealt. The Tigers are highly likely to drop to class 3A come redistricting time. Wayne, Knox, & Rock are a murder's row for the Tigers at this phase of the rebuild.
Hiya Wheatfarmer!!

Good luck to the Tigers this upcoming season. Lord knows they are due for a good season.

Oh and PS.....(stay away from walter white!)
Confusednicker:
I think Sizemore will get the Tigers better, but not this quickly.

Lincoln - 35

Clay - 13
Lincoln County - 33

Clay County - 15
I've not saw Lincoln play but I'd be suprised if Lincoln held the tigers rushing attack under 3 touchdowns not saying we will win but it's a hard offense to defend down in down out. Can't wait to listen to this one Friday night!
Clay beat Jackson bad but Jackson is really struggling
Clay shut out Jackson in the scrimmage.dont know how good clay is based on it. But they don't look bad
I think Lincoln wins a tight one 26-16 good luck clay from your neighbors in Jackson co.
clay county has nice Qb what is his name?
clay defense Looked good shutting out Jackson in the scrimmage
even though Jackson lost myles hurts they have a good back in Dylan martin and he did not get much on the ground
they also harassed our QB all night long. clay will be much improved.
I knew nothing of Jackson County prior to the their scrimmage with Clay, but I was very impressed with their quarterback. If that guy had a little more help from his receivers...he'd be dangerous!!!
TIGERZ Wrote:I've not saw Lincoln play but I'd be suprised if Lincoln held the tigers rushing attack under 3 touchdowns not saying we will win but it's a hard offense to defend down in down out. Can't wait to listen to this one Friday night!

You'll likely get a big surprise.
I guess we'll see
Lincoln 30 Clay 18