Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Trump on Charlottesville
President Trumps' remarks on the good things happening economically in the country, tying in Charlottesville as a "very sad" thing, as he is trying to bring the United States back into a positive vibe, "rising tide lifts all boats" place. A very fine moment for President Trump.

Had activists ignored the white nationalists, and let them express what they wanted as the Constitution provides, it would have been a quiet, no story event. To be an American is to not be easily offended or to have a tendency to seek to silence those with whom we disagree. It's a free market of ideas and images all competing for the hearts and minds of people, and that is the beauty and challenge of the 1st Amendment.
Would Jesus stay quiet with hate being preached? So Called Christians turning a blind eye to hate and evil. I bet if it was Muslims in VA preaching death to white men you wouldn't talk about the constitutional rights.
letsgetitright Wrote:Would Jesus stay quiet with hate being preached? So Called Christians turning a blind eye to hate and evil. I bet if it was Muslims in VA preaching death to white men you wouldn't talk about the constitutional rights.

"Kill white men" is not protected speech, just as yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre is not protected speech. Hate was preached when Jesus was around. It executed him. "Like a sheep before his shearers he was silent."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Kill white men" is not protected speech, just as yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre is not protected speech. Hate was preached when Jesus was around. It executed him. "Like a sheep before his shearers he was silent."

Completely misinterpreted once again. The Lord was not executed at all, He laid down His life willingly. You make points intended to serve only yourself. I've yet to see where you've spoken on behalf of the Lord at any time.

John 10:18 (KJV)
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Completely misinterpreted once again. The Lord was not executed at all, He laid down His life willingly. You make points intended to serve only yourself. I've yet to see where you've spoken on behalf of the Lord at any time.

John 10:18 (KJV)
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Uh, from the Heavenly perspective, he gave his life. From man's perspective he was executed. "Release unto us Barabbas...Crucify him." Roman execution. A perfect example of what happens when an Edna Prude Peacock screeches "I know all" Bible arrogance.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Uh, from the Heavenly perspective, he gave his life. From man's perspective he was executed. "Release unto us Barabbas...Crucify him." Roman execution. A perfect example of what happens when an Edna Prude Peacock screeches "I know all" Bible arrogance.

Oh really, and the fact that He said NO MAN TAKETH IT FROM ME means what to you? Who else do you think God was talking to if not men, and if God's Word is not meant to influence "man's perspective" (your words) then who pray tell? You got caught pontificating again about things of which you have no understanding. Simply put, now you're just plain lying. But when you're at the judgment, make sure you line Him out on all the mistakes you've found in the Bible. :please: This would be a good time to dust off your indentured servitude line again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]