Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
42.11%
Lawrence County
57.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Raceland 8/19/17
Who wins and why?
This will be an interesting matchup. Over the past few years this has turned out to be a good game between the two schools. Lawrence County should be much improved from last season and they are returning quite a bit of players. Raceland lost the house and is going to be in rebuilding mode this year. Raceland brings back some good athletes but many of them don't have much game experience on Friday nights. I think Raceland is capable of winning this game but they will have to play very well and keep the mistakes to a minimum. The key will be the line play and getting into a flow offensively. If the Rams can do that then I think they can win this game. If they don't take care of the ball and turn it over a lot like they did in the grid then it could be a long night. With that said, I have to go with the Rams in a close home opener.

Raceland 20
Lawrence County 17
I know diddly squat about both teams!!

Raceland being at home will give them an edge but, according to some of the posters on here, Lawrence Co has really done some work in the off season.

From what Orange Blaze has said, this looks to be a good game!

I'm going with the Dawgs by one score.

Play safely!!!
Dogs are looking good from what I've seen.
I'm thinking Lawrence County in this one on the new grass. Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:

Lawrence County 34
Raceland 21
I think Raceland has a bit of a mental edge over the Bulldogs for some reason. But if they are smoother offensively they will win the ball game. That being said, I think Raceland finds a way to win it in their opener.

Rams 27
Bulldogs 14
I believe this is going to be a breakout year for the Dawg's. Coach Short is going too introduce himself and this team to the mountains and let it be known that we are building something big and are going to be a top team in the area again..........right where we belong. This team is hungry and ready. We are still a little young in a few spots but have a lot of experience after returning pretty much everyone from last year. I like the Bulldogs in this game and I think this team is going to improve by leaps and bounds each week and will be a legit team to make some noise in 3a come playoff time. I like the Dawg's 35 - 17.
Dawgs 28-14
Honestly I think the results of this game could be a complete flip-flop of last year's game. Both teams situations have completely reversed from just a year ago. Last season the Dawg's we're super young everywhere including the HC and the Rams had experience everywhere. Now we have a lot of experience and kids with a lot of playing time at most positions and the Rams are super young. The Dawg's looked real good in the scrimmage game against Pikeville. I saw a lot of things that I liked. This young coach was doing a lot of work and getting some good looks at a lot of kids and I think he has his thumb on the pulse of this team. He knows what we can and can't do, what we are good at and what needs work. The best sign to me of a good coach is seeing legitimate improvement from week to week and I saw that last season and I think he is going to be a good one.
Much respect for the Rams and there fans. The Dawgs will for sure be two things, hard hitting and hard nosed. Probably see two fullbacks and maybe 3 rb. Maybe even more kids get touches. Good ole fashion ground and pound. I think we win 28 - 14. Will be my first trip to ram land.
This game will definitely be a challenge for the Rams. As another poster said, LC brings in a lot of experience and the Rams are young all over the field. Lawrence County is going to come in this game with a chip on their shoulder and with something to prove. Raceland has to sustain drives in order to win this game. I think we have a good defense but they cannot be on the field all night. Raceland did some good things against Fleming in the grid but there is much room for improvement. This game will be a good test to see what the Rams are made of.
It's always hard to go to Raceland and get a win. These two schools are two of the best programs around for years. They both have great young coaches and great community support. This game will be won in the trenches. With that said. LC 18 - Rams 14
In the pound Wrote:Much respect for the Rams and there fans. The Dawgs will for sure be two things, hard hitting and hard nosed. Probably see two fullbacks and maybe 3 rb. Maybe even more kids get touches. Good ole fashion ground and pound. I think we win 28 - 14. Will be my first trip to ram land.

We here at Raceland have much respect for the Dawgs as well. This has turned into a good game for both schools and it has been a good measuring stick for both programs. Since this is your first trip to Raceland make sure to check out our concessions. We make some pretty good food up here lol.
They do have some darn good food at Raceland, which is probably why it's my favorite place to watch a game outside of the Dawg Pound. LC always seems to have a lot of penalties and turnovers(both forced and unforced) against Raceland these past 2 or 3 games and if they can avoid those I feel we should win by 2 scores. If not,it will be more of the same. We gotta stay on schedule and not get behind the chains with penalties. This is not a district game but I know both teams want this game and it will be hard fought. Taking the Dawgs 28-21.
I'm going with Raceland in this one home field advantage
0ff The Chain Wrote:They do have some darn good food at Raceland, which is probably why it's my favorite place to watch a game outside of the Dawg Pound. LC always seems to have a lot of penalties and turnovers(both forced and unforced) against Raceland these past 2 or 3 games and if they can avoid those I feel we should win by 2 scores. If not,it will be more of the same. We gotta stay on schedule and not get behind the chains with penalties. This is not a district game but I know both teams want this game and it will be hard fought. Taking the Dawgs 28-21.

I thought The Cam was your favorite place to watch a game besides the Pound
Raceland 21

Lawrence County 17
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I thought The Cam was your favorite place to watch a game besides the Pound

If not for the long drive and lots of bad memories it very well could be. Perhaps we can remedy the bad memories part this year and get a win against those pesky Pirates. The Cam is a great stadium though.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I thought The Cam was your favorite place to watch a game besides the Pound

C'mon 99, you know you want the Dawgs to win this. Gotta root for our district teams! :rockon:
Raceland - 21

Lawrence County - 13
0ff The Chain Wrote:C'mon 99, you know you want the Dawgs to win this. Gotta root for our district teams! :rockon:

And root for the district to get stronger for a change. We won't be world beaters this year, but by seasons end we will be ready for the playoffs and will be a fundamentally sound, hard hitting team that won't be no pushover to anyone in 3a like the last few seasons and you can quote me on that. This coach knows what he is doing and is building this program up right. I have a funny feeling people will stop picking against this team after we get a few games in and they see what we are capable of. I'm telling you at some point in the next few seasons the talent and depth levels are going to catch up with coach Short and what he is doing and your going to see this program catch fire and go on a run like hasn't been seen in Louisa in a long time. He is already building up the roster to numbers we haven't seen in a while. The kid's and fans are excited again and everyone can see and feel what's coming.
Goina be a fun game. Always hard hitting. Hope it's cleaner than last year though.
Are the games going to be live streamed again this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rams by 14.
Think it stays close maybe a turnover late in the game costs Raceland a W. LC 24-21.

You know good and well, all Off The Chain wants to do is eat good!!
Confusednicker:
Does Lawrence Co have a radio station that will be broadcasting their games this year?
Dawg Family Wrote:Does Lawrence Co have a radio station that will be broadcasting their games this year?
It appears that wlgc out of Ashland will be streaming some or all Lawrence County games online along with 6 other local schools at http://www.koolhits1057.com/Sports.htm just click on broadcast schedule to see which stream to click as there is 6 different streams. Also they update the broadcast schedule often so check back a lot.
Rams are tough at home, but I'll take the Dawgs in this one....

Dawgs: 21

Rams: 13
Orange Blaze Wrote:We here at Raceland have much respect for the Dawgs as well. This has turned into a good game for both schools and it has been a good measuring stick for both programs. Since this is your first trip to Raceland make sure to check out our concessions. We make some pretty good food up here lol.

I need to go there to eat sometime. lol