Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did your team cancel their game?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think the best idea would be to penalize teams that cancel games by taking away a certain amount of points.

Its been discussed, and when its two KYMSFA teams, it is possible, if they sign a game contract. Show me a school that actually has a signed game contract.

When its a non member team, only thing we can do is say tell teams they have a precedent to cancel games. Schedule at your own risk. No different than we tell teams that are non members that are breaking regulation rules, play at your own risk.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Well I hate to get this started again, but look how the teams in the kymsfa did Corbin and I believe northern Pulaski. They up and started a new conference and left Corbin setting without a full schedule. The only way to totally control it is to force all team in kymsfa to a conference within a 100 mile radius, then penalize them for canceling, but the kymsfa can't control a no show if they are not in the system. So coaches don't schedule with teams not involved with kymsfa. Corbin has filled there schedule and have traveled two hours away to play Bowling Green, and almost two hours to play Scott county, also had to pick up some games against Tn teams that they won't even get points for, but they are not avoiding competition like the teams that started new conference and left them out. Hopefully come playoff time we get a shot at a couple teams that screwed us over. Go Hounds

So many things not correct in this post.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Actually I believe you can get points for out of state teams. Just have to let the people
Involved knownso they can find the school size.

I.E. the Battle for the Bridges bowl that happened pitted KY vs IN teams.

Not worth your time with this one.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Well I hate to get this started again, but look how the teams in the kymsfa did Corbin and I believe northern Pulaski. They up and started a new conference and left Corbin setting without a full schedule. The only way to totally control it is to force all team in kymsfa to a conference within a 100 mile radius, then penalize them for canceling, but the kymsfa can't control a no show if they are not in the system. So coaches don't schedule with teams not involved with kymsfa. Corbin has filled there schedule and have traveled two hours away to play Bowling Green, and almost two hours to play Scott county, also had to pick up some games against Tn teams that they won't even get points for, but they are not avoiding competition like the teams that started new conference and left them out. Hopefully come playoff time we get a shot at a couple teams that screwed us over. Go Hounds

Looks like corbin should of had some contracts made. You simply can't complain as a team or school when you leave yourself open to the liabilities
Again I'll say it. The men who are leading our children should be men of their word. If they don't have enough backbone to stand and deliver on what they say, their not worthy of coaching the sport. That being said, it is what it is. If I were a coach now days, I would make sure that a contract was signed for any game I scheduled.
plantmanky Wrote:So many things not correct in this post.

What's not true
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:What's not true

Confusederiously:
What I thought
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:What I thought

Its already been pointed out to you, im sure you can read right?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Again I'll say it. The men who are leading our children should be men of their word. If they don't have enough backbone to stand and deliver on what they say, their not worthy of coaching the sport. That being said, it is what it is. If I were a coach now days, I would make sure that a contract was signed for any game I scheduled.

If what happened is what you all say what happened, than I agree it was a shitty move on their parts but still cant feel sympathy for Corbin when they didn't have a contract regulating the conference and signed by all schools.
We were doing that 20 years ago. Not sure why this has changed now.
I say we get more politics involved. Need just a little more at the grade school level
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If what happened is what you all say what happened, than I agree it was a shitty move on their parts but still cant feel sympathy for Corbin when they didn't have a contract regulating the conference and signed by all schools.
We were doing that 20 years ago. Not sure why this has changed now.

Middle schools didn't sign contracts 20 years ago. Also, didn't Corbin and others schools kick Whitley out of their conference a few years ago?
No teams around them will play them all for the same reason!! If one team cancels or wont play then they are the jerk, if every team wont play you then maybe you are the jerk,
What happens when an entire county of schools refuse to play the city school?
How will Pikeville get seated in playoff?
Finally, can one of our county schools be crowned county champs if we don't play every school in that county?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think the best idea would be to penalize teams that cancel games by taking away a certain amount of points.
Taking points are you serious! I thought points didnt matter??? Plus when the bracket committee only takes care of a few teams whats it matter.
If you understand how the seeding works then you'd know they mean points a team gets for a win, not points they score in a game.

What do you mean the committee only takes care of a few teams?
Footballlife1 Wrote:Taking points are you serious! I thought points didnt matter??? Plus when the bracket committee only takes care of a few teams whats it matter.

:haters:
EastKYProud Wrote:What happens when an entire county of schools refuse to play the city school?
How will Pikeville get seated in playoff?
Finally, can one of our county schools be crowned county champs if we don't play every school in that county?

County champ will come from West Virginia.
Footballlife1 Wrote:Taking points are you serious! I thought points didnt matter??? Plus when the bracket committee only takes care of a few teams whats it matter.

Try not to talk about things you don't understand. The "points" I referred too were seeding points. Gained from beating another team. Not scored points.
footballfever Wrote:Middle schools didn't sign contracts 20 years ago. Also, didn't Corbin and others schools kick Whitley out of their conference a few years ago?

Maybe not all, but I specifically remember Whitley having signed contracts with certain schools. If I'm not mistaken, the buyout was a measly 1000 dollars.
That eventually fell away. Seems like Whitley would play some schools that would play until halftime and then forfeit to keep from breaking contract.
That may not have lasted long, but it did happen.
Add "we got in a fight, not enough players to play now"

To the list.
plantmanky Wrote:Add "we got in a fight, not enough players to play now"

To the list.

Add "a hurricane"
Paintsville just cancelled on us 3 times in a week! Are there any rules by the kymsfa governing how many times a team can cancel a game before it's called a forfeit?!?!
I'd say it was a forfeit the first time but y'all chose/agreed to reschedule.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I'd say it was a forfeit the first time but y'all chose/agreed to reschedule.

Well we're calling it one now!
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I'd say it was a forfeit the first time but y'all chose/agreed to reschedule.

So what's the policy on the 2nd and 3rd time?Confusednicker:
Wow, Boone middle didn't show or cancel. Our coaches called them for three days and left message told them the game was on rain or shine. This as a bad way to do programs and doesn't say much about there own program. Kmsfa I truly respect the effort you all give and the way you educate coaches I just hope that you'll can find a fix to this because it sounds like it is getting out of hand this year.
The fix is signing contracts with teams, contracts can have built in penalties.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:The fix is signing contracts with teams, contracts can have built in penalties.

When teams fail to use the tool.............