Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lesnar vs. Jon Jones
Ok, there's not a lot I can say that hasn't been said already by the "experts."

I'm a fan of both WWE & UFC. No doubt this will be the Main Event of the UFC card if and when this fight takes place.

So here is my Take on this fight..... Dana White & Vince McMahon are both very smart businessmen. If there's any way this fight can take place in a reasonable time frame, it will. The ideal time is NOW!!!! Jon Jones just got a high profile KO victory for the championship. Brock Lesnar is the WWE Universal champion and is probably gonna headline SummerSlam.

These two have been cutting their own promo's about each other for some time now. Both are the biggest draws for their promotion. Both are at the top of their game and have crazy name recognition. If this isn't the perfect situation for a UFC/WWE cross-over event, I don't know what is.

Here's my dream Promotional/Booking scenario.
- This event needs to be Live on the WWE network. Agree to a 50/50 split for the monthly revenue for the WWE network when this event takes place. People will be glad to pay $9.99 to watch this over a $59.99 price tag. Agree both promotions can reproduce this event with their own brand for their own usage.
- Let the WWE use their big video board entrance ramp.
- Have the UFC cage lower down from the roof like the WWE cage or HIAC does before they are used.
- The fight will take place in the UFC Octagon.
- Lesnar wears the WWE title out and use his WWE entrance music.
- Use simulcast commentators (WWE: JR & Jerry Lawler) (UFC: Joe Rogan and their other main announcer)
- Bruce Buffer introduce Jon Jones. Have the main WWE ring announcer introduce Brock Lesnar.
- No matter who wins, play their music as soon as the match ends.

Have a WWE/UFC cross-promotional event at either Survivor Series or The Royal Rumble.

All of my dream world thoughts & Booking aside, this has the potential to be EPIC!!!! Come on Vince & Dana, let me Book this..... I won't let you down!!!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
A source within WWE has said that Lesnar vs Jones will not happen until Summer 2018 and that Brock would 100% absolutely fulfill his WWE commitments first and foremost. WWE doesn't want any part of Lesnar being in the UFC while still under contract with WWE due to the failed drug test by Lesnar last July.
Strikeout King Wrote:A source within WWE has said that Lesnar vs Jones will not happen until Summer 2018 and that Brock would 100% absolutely fulfill his WWE commitments first and foremost. WWE doesn't want any part of Lesnar being in the UFC while still under contract with WWE due to the failed drug test by Lesnar last July.

I saw that on http://www.sescoops.com

Vince being Vince, thinking he is Mr. Universe and having to revamp his entire roster in the early 90's due to the his steroid trial, I don't blame him.

Jones will probably fight once before the Lesnar bout, but I see the UFC "feeding" him somebody so he can still have the title when the fight happens.
Something that hasn't been brought up yet.....

Heavyweight: 206 lbs. - 265 lbs.
Light Heavyweight: 186 lbs. - 205 lbs.
Middleweight: 171 lbs. - 185 lbs.

Brock Lesnar is a Heavyweight. Jon Jones is a Middleweight.
I'm not 100% sure on the rules, but I don't see the NSAC granting a bout with a 40 lbs. weight difference. Even at a Catch Weight, this would be hard to sell to almost any Athletic Commission.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I saw that on http://www.sescoops.com

Vince being Vince, thinking he is Mr. Universe and having to revamp his entire roster in the early 90's due to the his steroid trial, I don't blame him.

Jones will probably fight once before the Lesnar bout, but I see the UFC "feeding" him somebody so he can still have the title when the fight happens.

I don't see Lesnar losing the title not at SummerSlam but I could be wrong. I do know that Paul Heyman is pushing WWE Officials to put the title on Samoa Joe at SummerSlam....

But what I don't get is, WWE wanted Lesnar to keep the title until Wrestlemania next year, if so and he's not going back to UFC why not go ahead and keep the strap on him like originally planned?