Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another 220K jobs added
So far a robust economy under Trump.

Unemployment rates still well below 5 percent
^^ Trump is busy undoing as much of the anti-American ridiculousness as he can on his own. Since November 8th the Dow Jones has risen over 3,000 points (if one were to count the 800 point loss of election night it would be 4,000). Incredibly that is enough to offset the entire loss suffered by the 911 disaster, and that's saying something.

I suppose we shouldn't be complaining given the fact that the difference between Trump and Obama is like day and night. But it would be nice if Congressional Republicans could get themselves on the same page and get along with the people's business.

I sympathize with them because of the complexity posed by the impossible burden of ObamaCare. I knew once that went through it would be like rescinding Social Security, darn near an impossible task. They probably should not actually repeal ObamaCare. Instead just leave it in force for those already signed up pending verification of their finances with no new additions except by birth. In that case hold Daddies responsible again and put subsidy restrictions on for the able bodied who choose not to work. That way nobody can claim "people will die," and we can get on with reforming the medical insurance market for everybody else. I mean, the Dems already blew health care costs up when they rammed the thing through in the first place. All we can do now is take every possible step possible to ease the financial burden that ObamaCare created for working America and retired America. It's a terrible shame and the people ought to be incensed with the Dems for that if for nothing else. But believe me, there's plenty more pain to come and an awful lot of it will be born by those who retired prior to, or about the time of the unfortunate passage of the ACA. I haven't heard the Dems say the first thing about that.

That being said, I believe it is absurd for Republicans to say they're going to pass the perfect legislation or nothing. They should get a viable framework passed and fill in the blanks and make the necessary changes as time goes by. I wish these guys would wake up, the ObamaCare chipmunks were writing legislation on the day Oblah blah blah left office, and likely still are. There was nothing set in stone about it other than the guaranteed unlimited tax dollars to get it off the ground and sustain it until it finally took on a life of its own.

That and realistic tax reform would ignite the US economy in undeniable fashion. And don't think the Dems aren't sweating bullets about it. If the Republicans could just see the light a little bit, they'd realize the immediate political future is theirs to lose and their successful reelection bids would guarantee them time enough to tweak the health care bill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]