3. Jada Higgins, Knott County Central
4. Hayley Caudill, Hazard
5. Sydni Hall, Perry County Central
6. Haley Turner, Jackson City
7. Allie Ohair, Knott County Central
8. Lexy Meyers, Leslie County
9. Amy Brewer, Breathitt County
10. Emma Maggard, Letcher County Central
I think your top 5 is accurate, but I'll bet the order changes. Lady Patriots won't lose a game in the 14 region this year.
Owsley's rankings in both team and players will change as soon as Gibson is back after her summer AAU basketball is finished.
If Gibson does return, I agree with LOOKAYANNER. I don't think she'll be back, but I've never thought she'd leave till now.
easternky Wrote:If Gibson does return, I agree with LOOKAYANNER. I don't think she'll be back, but I've never thought she'd leave till now.

Nothing is for certain but her mother is a teacher in the Owsley County system since about 1997. I doubt she would want to drive back and forth from London to Booneville for work, about a 100 mile round trip.

From what I can gather the family understood that her enrollment at South Laurel was simply a formality. But according to what's been posted on here the new KHSAA rule prohibiting players from one school playing for other schools during the summer does not go into effect until next summer. I wasn't aware of this impending new rule until today, but I suppose as it turns out her enrollment at SL wasn't necessary in order for her to play with them this summer. That evidently won't be the case next summer, however.

With that said, I can't understand why the KHSAA would want to get involved in student/athletes summer activities anyway (except enforcing the two weeks dead period). Kids should be able to play basketball for anyone during summer, in my humble opinion.

Macie is a great person and athlete. She's only trying to improve her basketball skills and play against good competion. She's also on one of the Kentucky Premier teams that's designated for D-1 level potential players and has a full schedule with that team in July and played a full April/May schedule with them as well.

I'm looking forward to watching her play this season and hope she has an enjoyable and wonderful senior year.
Lindsey Profitt not top player in the region, she is just a scorer! Jada Higgins should be number 1 and Emma Maggard from LCC way to low on your top 10 ! 6'3 with a 6'6 wingspan is hard to argue with ......game changer! Started dominating at the end of last year!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Lindsey Profitt not top player in the region, she is just a scorer! Jada Higgins should be number 1 and Emma Maggard from LCC way to low on your top 10 ! 6'3 with a 6'6 wingspan is hard to argue with ......game changer! Started dominating at the end of last year!
Profit is definitely best player in the region, not only a great scorer she is also a good defender and very efficient just look at all her stats
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Lindsey Profitt not top player in the region, she is just a scorer! Jada Higgins should be number 1 and Emma Maggard from LCC way to low on your top 10 ! 6'3 with a 6'6 wingspan is hard to argue with ......game changer! Started dominating at the end of last year!
Profit definitely the best player in the region, great scorer ,good defender and very efficient and very smart player

Proffitt is hands down the best player. Also, she is a lot better than you seen against Knott last year and she had 31 in that game. Higgins not in the same sentence.
Yea the "only" thing Higgins did last year was play team ball (such an unselfish player) which led to playing in the Sweet 16. She could try to play only for her benefit and rack up the points but that won't get a team to the state tournament as is evident. She doesnt get 30 points a game because she's busy getting 30 assists. This forum refuses to give her and her teammates credit. And with a little more maturity she and her teammates will understand that the adults in most all situations are petty and jealous.
Its the first year she's tried to play team ball since she's been there. Your team improved after she and a couple others recognized their roles. Everybody is not a great scorer, but there is so much more that a kid can do to help their team win. Getting one of the top 3 centers to come help didn't hurt either.
Profitt not a good defender ,doesn't rebound and snowbirds on d ! She is a scorer who at anytime might get mad or parents don't like how many shots she is getting up and ........shall I say it TRANSFER! Better make her and mom and pops Happy! It's all about HER stats ! She had a good year last year but Perry dodged everybody with that weak schedule last year !!! Play somebody!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Profitt not a good defender ,doesn't rebound and snowbirds on d ! She is a scorer who at anytime might get mad or parents don't like how many shots she is getting up and ........shall I say it TRANSFER! Better make her and mom and pops Happy! It's all about HER stats ! She had a good year last year but Perry dodged everybody with that weak schedule last year !!! Play somebody!

Can't believe you would down a high school kid like that. She is 100 times the person you are and I guarantee can out play any girl you know. She is the best defender in the region. When the money is on the line, coach gets her to guard the best player and she always holds them down. She would beat Higgins one on one 10 of 10 times. You will see the real Higgins this year when she doesn't have 2 seniors leading the way. You obviously know nothing about basketball. Obviously know nothing about the family either. Come out and watch a few of Perry's game this year and quit speculating.
Where are you granny bear,you let certain ones down kids on here, obviously got your picks. Pitiful. I'm a Letcher fan and I've seen profit play since she started and she is the best all around player in the region, no doubt .touchdown Kentucky is not a good basketball person because anyone who knows the game would not make those statements. I'm done with you jealous, ignorant people
I heard a lot about Proffitt last year and was looking forward to seeing her play. She definitely has her talents, but I was underwhelmed. That being said, anybody can have an off game every now and then, and I only was her play twice.
Megget Wrote:Where are you granny bear,you let certain ones down kids on here, obviously got your picks. Pitiful. I'm a Letcher fan and I've seen profit play since she started and she is the best all around player in the region, no doubt .touchdown Kentucky is not a good basketball person because anyone who knows the game would not make those statements. I'm done with you jealous, ignorant people

The rules say no bashing or taunting of student athletes. I haven't seen that in any of the posts directed at Lindsey. The most negative thing I have seen posted concerns Profitt's family, and nothing said violates the rules as far as I can determine.

This is twice that you have singled me out for being biased Megget. I will tell you that complaining about the site and the way it is moderated IS an offense that can result in suspension.

I try very hard to be fair. Just because someone else has an opinion that is not exactly the way YOU see it, does not warrant suspension.

Everyone please feel free to PM me with any questions, anytime.
Ballmom1 Wrote:I heard a lot about Proffitt last year and was looking forward to seeing her play. She definitely has her talents, but I was underwhelmed. That being said, anybody can have an off game every now and then, and I only was her play twice.

What games did you watch
Granny Bear Wrote:The rules say no bashing or taunting of student athletes. I haven't seen that in any of the posts directed at Lindsey. The most negative thing I have seen posted concerns Profitt's family, and nothing said violates the rules as far as I can determine.

This is twice that you have singled me out for being biased Megget. I will tell you that complaining about the site and the way it is moderated IS an offense that can result in suspension.

I try very hard to be fair. Just because someone else has an opinion that is not exactly the way YOU see it, does not warrant suspension.

Don't want anyone suspended, but the past speaks for itself
Granny Bear Wrote:The rules say no bashing or taunting of student athletes. I haven't seen that in any of the posts directed at Lindsey. The most negative thing I have seen posted concerns Profitt's family, and nothing said violates the rules as far as I can determine.

If you feel you need to suspend me then have at it, sure won't be a big loss lol. Very childish
Megget Wrote:Don't want anyone suspended, but the past speaks for itself
I will be glad to address anything past or present that I have done. Just be a little more specific.

Megget Wrote:If you feel you need to suspend me then have at it, sure won't be a big loss lol. Very childish
And you would be the expert on childish.
Granny Bear Wrote:I will be glad to address anything past or present that I have done. Just be a little more specific.

And you would be the expert on childish.
So professional
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Nothing is for certain but her mother is a teacher in the Owsley County system since about 1997. I doubt she would want to drive back and forth from London to Booneville for work, about a 100 mile round trip.

From what I can gather the family understood that her enrollment at South Laurel was simply a formality. But according to what's been posted on here the new KHSAA rule prohibiting players from one school playing for other schools during the summer does not go into effect until next summer. I wasn't aware of this impending new rule until today, but I suppose as it turns out her enrollment at SL wasn't necessary in order for her to play with them this summer. That evidently won't be the case next summer, however.

With that said, I can't understand why the KHSAA would want to get involved in student/athletes summer activities anyway (except enforcing the two weeks dead period). Kids should be able to play basketball for anyone during summer, in my humble opinion.

Macie is a great person and athlete. She's only trying to improve her basketball skills and play against good competion. She's also on one of the Kentucky Premier teams that's designated for D-1 level potential players and has a full schedule with that team in July and played a full April/May schedule with them as well.

I'm looking forward to watching her play this season and hope she has an enjoyable and wonderful senior year.

After watching South Laurel three times this summer, I think Gibson stays at SL. She has to see how good they are. I believe SL is a Top 10 team in the state with Macy Gibson.
CA3 Wrote:After watching South Laurel three times this summer, I think Gibson stays at SL. She has to see how good they are. I believe SL is a Top 10 team in the state with Macy Gibson.

She's enrolling this week at Owsley.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:She's enrolling this week at Owsley.

IMO, that would be a bad move on her part.
CA3 Wrote:IMO, that would be a bad move on her part.

How can it be a "bad" move???

She was born in Owsley and has lived there her entire life.
All her friends from Kindergarten to now are in Owsley.
Her great-grandfather and her grandfather were career teachers in the county.
Her mother has been an elementary teacher there for 20 years.
Her father and his family all are Owsley born and schooled.
She's going to be able to do things such as senior trip and prom with classmates she's known since Head Start.

Macie will play college basketball regardless where she plays her senior year of high school.

Owsley is her home. Simple as that.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:How can it be a "bad" move???

She was born in Owsley and has lived there her entire life.
All her friends from Kindergarten to now are in Owsley.
Her great-grandfather and her grandfather were career teachers in the county.
Her mother has been an elementary teacher there for 20 years.
Her father and his family all are Owsley born and schooled.
She's going to be able to do things such as senior trip and prom with classmates she's known since Head Start.

Macie will play college basketball regardless where she plays her senior year of high school.

Owsley is her home. Simple as that.
All true.. also true she would be leaving all her friends and owsley co next year anyway. Leaving now will just give her a much better chance at a better offer. she knows she will not play Mercer co, Franklin co, Harlan co, lexington catholic tourny, WYMT classic just to name a few and a chance to possibly showcase her talent at the state tourny. none of this happens at owsley co.
I'm glad to hear she will be playing at Owsley. I'm amazed at the recruiting and moving around in the 14th region. Stay true to your school.
She makes South great for sure. If she stays she will help win ALOT of games. I however show my age when I say I will be proud of this kid if she represents HER community. It used to be a prideful thing to wear your school colors. Those days are almost gone though. I also don't think that in todays world she hurts her recruitment by going back. Playing for south won't get her more recognition, but what she would have at sl is winning. At south she will WIN and WIN big this year. It for sure had everyone taking about them possibly winning region this year. I don't know what owsley had but I'm sure it wasn't as good as south. Either way I wish the kid the best. She is a heck of a player!
If you think playing at state and having a great week cant help just look at ohmer from Scott went from committed to cumberland to western ky in 4 days
playing in state does some... no gaurantees in that though. Even if South is the team to beat with her (in the 13th) which I would say so but others wouldn't... still no guarantee that they win. Even if they do South went to the final four back in 2005 and it didn't seem to help recruitment for most of them. I would also argue that for everyone going to play division 1 isn't necessarily a better situation. Western men have tradition but if you gave me a choice between someone like d1 morehead women who has had 4 winning seasons in like 20 years or a Mid South team like a UC or Campbellsville who traditionally always wins and could win a national championship I would prefer the later. I know most would think I'm saying this stuff because I'm a Corbin guy wanting her to go back but I'm not. I'm perfectly fine with whatever she thinks is better for her.