Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on state
Van Hagar Wrote:I want to amend something I said earlier about where the softball strength lies. While there are always good teams in Louisville, they still have surprisingly won only three of the 23 state titles (Manual 2, Mercy 1). Of the other 20, the first region has four (Reidland 3, McCracken 1), the second three (Christian Co., Calloway Co., Madisonville), the third has five (all Owensboro Catholic), and the fourth has four (Greenwood three and Allen Co.). Scott Co. has two from central Kentucky, Ryle has the only northern Kentucky title, and North Laurel has the only east of I-75 title. And to win theirs it took arguably the two best pitchers in state history in Kirsten Allen of Ryle who went on to Oklahoma and Becky Abner of North who went to U.K. Should give some hope for next year to East Carter who has Montana Fouts who has committed to Alabama. But the point is the true strength is out west, you don't want to draw 1,2,3 or 4 for an opening round game.

Exactly right! Great post!
I don't understand how Lawson and UK didn't lock up foutz
They will have there weakest pitching in years the next couple of years.
Van Hagar Wrote:I want to amend something I said earlier about where the softball strength lies. While there are always good teams in Louisville, they still have surprisingly won only three of the 23 state titles (Manual 2, Mercy 1). Of the other 20, the first region has four (Reidland 3, McCracken 1), the second three (Christian Co., Calloway Co., Madisonville), the third has five (all Owensboro Catholic), and the fourth has four (Greenwood three and Allen Co.). Scott Co. has two from central Kentucky, Ryle has the only northern Kentucky title, and North Laurel has the only east of I-75 title. And to win theirs it took arguably the two best pitchers in state history in Kirsten Allen of Ryle who went on to Oklahoma and Becky Abner of North who went to U.K. Should give some hope for next year to East Carter who has Montana Fouts who has committed to Alabama. But the point is the true strength is out west, you don't want to draw 1,2,3 or 4 for an opening round game.

Lol, so what you just said admitted the fact that every single school who has won a title is either private or 4A and higher.

Tells us all we need to know doesn't it?
Well ,Reidland was a Class A school, they consolidated with Lone Oak and Heath to form McCracken Co. a few years back, all three had great programs so it's no wonder McCracken has been so good. But I've never said I'm against classing, I just don't think the KHSAA will do it anytime soon.
And I was wrong there about Calloway Co., they are region one instead of two, I was thinking of Caldwell Co., a region two team that was runner up one year. So it's five state titles for region one, and now two for region two with Madisonville's win this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lol, so what you just said admitted the fact that every single school who has won a title is either private or 4A and higher.

Tells us all we need to know doesn't it?

Where did the "private" come from. You have stated it is all about enrollment in your other posts. So now if a small school is private, enrollment doesn't matter? Can't have your cake and eat it too.
walterwhite Wrote:Where did the "private" come from. You have stated it is all about enrollment in your other posts. So now if a small school is private, enrollment doesn't matter? Can't have your cake and eat it too.

That's not fair to say.
The public vs. Private debate is an entirely different thing, but as far as im concerned, lumping in private schools with everybody is just as wrong as lumping in big schools.
All private schools should play in their own divisions. The unfair advantage privates and large schools have has been proven over and over
Nothing is truly fair except some people's complexions and occasionally the weather.
It does not matter how many classes you have, the schools that make the commitment will be the schools that always dominate. If size matters you would think that Whitley or Knox would at least put a competitive team on the field occasionally. I doubt if either school has ever won a game against a Laurel county school.
insideinfo Wrote:It does not matter how many classes you have, the schools that make the commitment will be the schools that always dominate. If size matters you would think that Whitley or Knox would at least put a competitive team on the field occasionally. I doubt if either school has ever won a game against a Laurel county school.

This just doesn't make sense.
Yes you are right the the schools that make the commitment will succeed but what about the 1A schools that are making that commitment right now but keep getting beat by a school with 1500 more kids than them?

If I've said it once I've said it a million times, you'll never convince anyone it's fair that Pineville high school is in the same class as male.

Now, say Pineville still never wins after classing begins and they lose to wburg, Mboro, etc. Every year, then that is when you say those types of things. It would be on them then.
Walter it sounds like you may need a slushie 🍧