Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW PITCHERS in the 15th
I know there are a few new pitchers.... how are they doing?
ER will have 3 new pitchers this year in Caitlin Conley, Brittany Swindall and Amanda Sawyers. All 3 play basketball, so they will have to wait on the end of basketball season to start working on their pitching. But all three will do fine,, they pitched JV last year.
Valley has a new pitcher- Ashley & she has been doing really well & has been working alot during basketball season & will be ready when thier softball season starts!
Phelps, has a new pitcher Melisa May, she's a sophmore and going to be a dandy.
Amanda sawyers went to valley! and she will help valley out so they will have more pitchers! dont they have a few from last year?
Stanely from Shelby Valley will be a suprise n the region.
From what I've heard Sawyers wont be eligable to play this year in softball! Whats the latest update on that??
Well .. who ever told you that must not know anything.. Well I know that Amanda is playing..:o All coach Napier had to was to get papers so that she can play... From what i was told she will be playing pretty soon...... that is all that I know:p :igiveup:
LoveThatCourt Wrote:From what i've heard Sawyers wont be eligable to play this year in softball! Whats the latest update on that??

Why wouldn't Sawyers be eligible to play?
It normally takes the KHSAA forever to rule on the eligibility on a transfer. First of all the player has to show that they have moved. And they have to show that they moved before enrolling in the new school. From what I hear, she enrolled without moving.
Well... Amanda has already moved.. She has moved and she is enrolled in Shelby Valley.. Yea will being playing pretty soon.. So who ever has told you this has something with listening or knowing who is right and she is going to play...
milkgirl Wrote:Well... Amanda has already moved.. She has moved and she is enrolled in Shelby Valley.. Yea will being playing pretty soon.. So who ever has told you this has something with listening or knowing who is right and she is going to play...
KHSAA takes their sweet time, and just because they have moved and enrolled doesn't mean much now a days.
A kid from Paintsville moved and enrolled at West Jessamine last fall. A 150 mile move and the KHSAA ruled him ineligible. Said the move wasn't neccesary.
I don't believe it is true about having to move before they can enroll. I know of a girl that enrolled in another school and didn't move and they let her play. Actually didn't have any problem after the paper work started moving.
SVLadiesFan Wrote:I don't believe it is true about having to move before they can enroll. I know of a girl that enrolled in another school and didn't move and they let her play. Actually didn't have any problem after the paper work started moving.

Yeah, that one is puzzling. Phelps had a girl transfer from Grundy, and she did move. They ruled her ineligible because her brother moved into her old house. It's not even against the rules to own two houses. Only after three months and after basketball season did they reverse their ruling. It is not always cut and dried. Like Guru said, the KHSAA takes their sweet time.
Well.. from what I have heard... Amanda will be playing this year.. I dont no when but all i no is that she is...
Sawyers has never played varsity softball since she was in high school so they can't stop her from playing. but the controversy is over basketball.
The KHSAA can do anything they want. Until they approve the transfer and rule her eligible, she can't even practice with the team. They have to approve all transfers.
Both Mellissa May and Haley Cannon are new pitchers on the [B]Lady Hornet Softball Team and Taylor Keene and [U]Kirsten Stratton[/U] are doing a great job pitching![/B]
How is SV pitching, I have heard they are doing pretty well.
PC still has Kayla Lowe, HOWEVER, now they also (and finally) have a relief pitcher.
Ms. Christa Damron. Shes a sophmore or a freshman, not really sure, but I watched her pitch during the South Floyd game, and WOW. shes awesome.
i know p-burg has a new pitcher this season
bhs has brittney branham. and she is pretty darn good.
Shelby Valley's new pitcher, Ashleigh Stanley, has been doing great this year!! She has really taken a step up to the plate and will shine this year!!
Sheldon Clark has a new pitcher this year and she is a little slow but by next year should have enough experience with her starting talent to do well. she was the only they really had to chose from that could pitch at this time.:USAFlag:
The KHSAA rule is not only varsity Softball...its any High School Varsity sport! And yes Amanda did get Varsity playin time.
Catlin Conley is a VERY good pitcher to be so little and her first year pitching for varsity...So is Brittany Swindall is another pitcher for ER and she has stepped up and helped when we needed it!!! Good Luck girls!!!
ladywarriorfan Wrote:The KHSAA rule is not only varsity Softball...its any High School Varsity sport! And yes Amanda did get Varsity playin time.
Yes she did play basketball this year and played varsity but she didn't in softball. We know that khsaa rules all high school sports.
ladywarriorfan Wrote:The KHSAA rule is not only varsity Softball...its any High School Varsity sport! And yes Amanda did get Varsity playin time.
Like ladywarriorfan posted earlier its any varsity high school sport! So as far as the KHSAA goes it says that if you participate in any high school sport the board has to make a ruling on it. If she is rulied ineligible to play she will have to sit out 180 days from the time she switched schools by KHSAA law 6!
kelsey caudill of lawrence county is avg. 11 strikeouts per game and only 2 walks per game.she is a bonafide allstate nominee.
Did Caudill pitch last season for Lawrence County? That name sounds very familiar.