Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Hamilton Enough IS Enough
He's a NOVELTY ITEM, period end of story. For ALL his supporters here's a comparison of some of the CF of a few years ago, that got run out of town on a rail, because they stunk.

1) Willie Taveras: Career Avg: .274 OBP: .320 He was awful! (LEAD OFF GUY)

2) Corey Patterson: Career Avg: .252 OBP: .290 He was awful! ( LEAD OFF GUY)

3) Billy Hamilton: Career Avg: .248 OBP: . 298 He IS Awful! ( LEAD OFF GUY)

Sure he's great on Def. BUT the Reds roll this automatic out every night in the lead off spot. Take away his 6-13 over the weekend, and he's hitting .211 in the lead off spot. NO WAY this guy is any part of a Reds successful future, just because he's fast. Going on 5 years now, the dude CAN'T hit, and he doesn't draw enough walks for his OBP to be just OK. Sure this guy could play on the Yankees, or Cubs, because he'd bat 8th, and only be needed for his Def. This Reds team with Hamilton playing CF everyday, and leading off is a PURE novelty item , just hope you catch him on a good night every 10-12 days or so. Guys who should not be a part of this Reds rebuild are as follows: Billy Hamilton, Homer Bailey, Scott Schebler, Zack Cozart, Bronson Arroyo, Scott Feldman, Cody Reed, Stevenson, these guys bring NOTHING to the table, or any hope of winning consistently in the future, all need to be traded, released, given away for a bag of balls, and some bubble gum. ALL are PROVEN LOSERS! BTW this team won't see first place again this season, and with the guys I just named, not as long as they remain a part of this organization. GO REDS!
LOL....Cincinnati for ya....
http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/23226...rom-first/
This is why you keep him around
Reds being the reds
nky Wrote:http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/23226...rom-first/
This is why you keep him around

That and you know hes actually pretty damn good in center defensively..Hes a gold glove contender..His defensive stats are among the best for a NL center fielder. In fact he lead last years gold glove winner in both DRS and UZR
The Reds are my favorite team, but they have a lot bigger problems than Billy Hamilton.
Westside Wrote:The Reds are my favorite team, but they have a lot bigger problems than Billy Hamilton.
Mine too for many years. Pitching is the immediate problem