Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FOOTBALL FUND RAISERS ...
This time of the year some schools are gearing up for the 2005 season. At SWHS we are having our annual Liftathon this Sat. Players compete and take $$ pledges for lbs. lifted. These pledges go towards the purchasing of our Spirit Pack (pants, shirts, jackets, under-armor, game and practice cleats, ect. ) After the Liftathon we all attend our Chile Dinner and Auction. Donated merchandise and Baked Delights are auctioned off. The combination of Liftathon, Dinner and Auction raises substantial funds for our program. It is also an opportunity for Players, Coaches, Parents, Alumni, and Boosters to get together socially. What is your football program planning this Spring ??? What does your program do to raise much need money ??? :?: Smile
WOW that was a pretty expensive spirit pack.
HAHA yeah most definently!
Hurley Wrote:WOW that was a pretty expensive spirit pack.
I will say that we provide SWHS very nice Spirit Packs. But if you noticed I put " ect. " at the end of the sentence. I was just shortening my statement. Over the years we built our own Fieldhouse with funds raised througout the year. Furnished it with weights, benches, ect. In our 12 year history our Boosters have averaged over $40,000 annually raised. Plus the donations given the program by the Community. What I am trying to say is that football is a year around affair at SWHS. Our Head Coach is a product of Trinity and knows it takes alot of involvement to run a top notch program. He is the only HC that SWHS has had. I am only trying to point out that alot is possible when people pull together. IMO this kind of program is possible when a good coach is at the helm. One who is dedicated to the program for the long haul. This kind of support is gained only by longevity of the HC. It cannot be attained with the constant changing of coaches. That is why it is of most importance that a HC is dedicated to the kids and the community rather than looking for his advancement. We have the family atmosphere and are proud to pass along any info that could help any program ect.,ect., ect...We raise alot of money... We spend alot of money... All on the Kids and the game they play... :wink:
Hurley Wrote:WOW that was a pretty expensive spirit pack.
I will say that we provide SWHS very nice Spirit Packs. But if you noticed I put " ect. " at the end of the sentence. I was just shortening my statement. Over the years we built our own Fieldhouse with funds raised througout the year. Furnished it with weights, benches, ect. In our 12 year history our Boosters have averaged over $40,000 annually raised. Plus the donations given the program by the Community. What I am trying to say is that football is a year around affair at SWHS. Our Head Coach is a product of Trinity and knows it takes alot of involvement to run a top notch program. He is the only HC that SWHS has had. I am only trying to point out that alot is possible when people pull together. IMO this kind of program is possible when a good coach is at the helm. One who is dedicated to the program for the long haul. This kind of support is gained only by longevity of the HC. It cannot be attained with the constant changing of coaches. That is why it is of most importance that a HC is dedicated to the kids and the community rather than looking for his advancement. We have the family atmosphere and are proud to pass along any info that could help any program ect.,ect., ect...We raise alot of money... We spend alot of money... All on the Kids and the game they play... :wink:
I wish we got spirit packs with Under-Armor in them
Well, hurley man that is quite the spirt pack. I wonder what other schools in our area get? I know we didnt get much.
shorts, tshirt, bag?? anything i left out?
pikeville we got spirit pack witch came with the bag a t shirt and shorts.....then we got sweat suits,,,district champ t shirts region champ t shirts.....beanie....Under Armour....and cleats....boosters payed for all of it