Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2017
Who does Whitley scrimmage this weekend
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Who does Whitley scrimmage this weekend

Whitley County will scrimmage Pulaski County Friday night at Cumberland university at 7.30 pm........I think :yikes:
Whitley scrimmages Pulaski County tonight at home following middle school game vs. Wayne County , and alumni flag football game. I'm getting ready to go to it, but wont play quarterback in the alumni game so I wont show the other guys up .
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley scrimmages Pulaski County tonight at home following middle school game vs. Wayne County , and alumni flag football game. I'm getting ready to go to it, but wont play quarterback in the alumni game so I wont show the other guys up .

No they want play tonight pjdoug read my post and learn something about your team. :dontthink :dontthink
64SUR Wrote:No they want play tonight pjdoug read my post and learn something about your team. :dontthink :dontthink

I've been busy and missed the update about it being cancelled due to rain. They are playing at University of the Cumberlands tomorrow. not Cumberland University.
pjdoug Wrote:I've been busy and missed the update about it being cancelled due to rain. They are playing at University of the Cumberlands tomorrow. not Cumberland University.

Next time I want say nothing and let you go and set in the rain by yourself. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Next time I want say nothing and let you go and set in the rain by yourself. :lmao:

I don't mind sitting in the rain by myself.
I'm excited to watch them play tonight. Go Colonels !
You two are so crazy!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:You two are so crazy!!

Confusednicker:

You gotta be a little crazy to live in this world.:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:You gotta be a little crazy to live in this world.:biggrin:

Wilson and The Colonels are gonna light up the sky with the air raid TongueoliceLig: :football:
Granny Bear Wrote:You two are so crazy!!

Confusednicker:

Granny Bear, Help me get my private messages working, so I can talk trash to 64 privately.
pjdoug Wrote:Granny Bear, Help me get my private messages working, so I can talk trash to 64 privately.

I don't talk to Russian in private. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:I don't talk to Russian in private. :popcorn:

stay in your safe place then Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:stay in your safe place then Confusednicker:

I'm not Russian. I'm German and a little bit of everything else. I'm all mixed up. :insane:
The kid that wear #8 last year did he graduated or is he still there
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:The kid that wear #8 last year did he graduated or is he still there

#8 Corey Johnson is a Senior .
They have a lot to work on but The Colonels are still moving forward, and I was impressed with them tonight. some of the underclassmen looked good, too .
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:6 elementary schools in Whitley and all with full football teams of 25 or more.
That should be over a 100 kids easy coming into 7th grade wanting to play.
So having less than 20 is ridicolous.

I know a lot of kids will give it up. Going to middle school at Whitley is intimidating after you've been sheltered for the first 6 or 7 years. We lost huge amounts back in the day too but we still fielded at least 35 or 40. Many more kids now.
I've always been one to believe middle school should be solely for high school preparation. You should run the basic high school playbook to prepare and then hone those plays as a freshman and dive deeper into the playbook.
You don't see this much with middle schools. Not sure what happens at Whitley anymore, but most schools have poor communication between middle and high coaches

That right there is one of the biggest things (in my opinion) that keeps most schools from making the move from mediocre to a solid program. Feeder schools not working with the high school staff. You get those Barney Fife kind of coaches who think way too much of themselves and think the little league turf bowl is the Superbowl or something. You get kids who go through 5 or 6 different coaches and systems between A,B,C,and D teams then another coaching staff and system in middle school. By the time they become freshmen they are so confused and the varsity staff then need to take a lot of time away from more important things to get the freshman up to speed. The better programs like Belfry or Johnson Central run the basic plays from varsity all through little league and middle school adding a little more each year. By the time they are freshmen they already know the system and playbook and can hit the ground running. That is a huge advantage. The only time things were done the right way here at Lawrence County was between the years of 1990 and about 2003. During that time we had like 4 or 5 undefeated seasons, like probably 8 or 9 district championships, 4 or 5 region championships. It is no coincidence that schools who teach the Varsity system and playbook at the feeder schools all have strong programs.
Do-double-gg Wrote:That right there is one of the biggest things (in my opinion) that keeps most schools from making the move from mediocre to a solid program. Feeder schools not working with the high school staff. You get those Barney Fife kind of coaches who think way too much of themselves and think the little league turf bowl is the Superbowl or something. You get kids who go through 5 or 6 different coaches and systems between A,B,C,and D teams then another coaching staff and system in middle school. By the time they become freshmen they are so confused and the varsity staff then need to take a lot of time away from more important things to get the freshman up to speed. The better programs like Belfry or Johnson Central run the basic plays from varsity all through little league and middle school adding a little more each year. By the time they are freshmen they already know the system and playbook and can hit the ground running. That is a huge advantage. The only time things were done the right way here at Lawrence County was between the years of 1990 and about 2003. During that time we had like 4 or 5 undefeated seasons, like probably 8 or 9 district championships, 4 or 5 region championships. It is no coincidence that schools who teach the Varsity system and playbook at the feeder schools all have strong programs.

Well said. fundamentals and keeping it simple from elementary all the way through high school. no need to make them learn a 100 page play book.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:The kid that wear #8 last year did he graduated or is he still there

He is a senior I don't think he his playing football this year. Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:He is a senior I don't think he his playing football this year. Confusedhh:

I watched Corbin and Whitley play last year he was the bright spot for Whitley
64SUR Wrote:He is a senior I don't think he his playing football this year. Confusedhh:

On the KHSAA page it it has him on the roster it says his name is Johnson
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:On the KHSAA page it it has him on the roster it says his name is Johnson

64 is lost. don't pay attention to him.
pjdoug Wrote:64 is lost. don't pay attention to him.

I'm thinking you don't know nothing about Whitley County football. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:I'm thinking you don't know nothing about Whitley County football. :lmao:

I know plenty about it. I live in Whitley County and only support one team. I don't ride bandwagons
pjdoug Wrote:I know plenty about it. I live in Whitley County and only support one team. I don't ride bandwagons

I'm going to support 1A Williamsburg tomorrow night and will be supporting Corbin Saturday night against Whitley County and then to top it off next Friday night supporting my home team 2A Leslie County running up the score again against Whitley County. Be patient pjdoggie I will support Whitley soon in a few weeks...... I think :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I'm going to support 1A Williamsburg tomorrow night and will be supporting Corbin Saturday night against Whitley County and then to top it off next Friday night supporting my home team 2A Leslie County running up the score again against Whitley County. Be patient pjdoggie I will support Whitley soon in a few weeks...... I think :Cheerlead

Whitley County doesn't want band wagon supporters. stay in Hyden.