•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Conferences 2017
So whos ready for 7on7 season?
plantmanky Wrote:Ok then why didnt Northern Pulaski get an invite to the conference?

Reason is SMS Ad, and former coach!! Back when this all started he was fine playing " meece, northern " or anyone! Because he recruited best kids from both schools to help him win his 3 state championships! He was head coach then but done nothing but paper work and stripe the fields, his assistants were the ones done all the coaching! After not getting the Swhs job he tried every way to make sure SMS programs went down the hill! But they still competed and did fine! Now northern has had success with 4 state titles, he has done everything possible to get away from Foley and Max, so he can keep his self proclaimed "middle school coaches hall of fame". He doesn't work with the youth league that is his SMS future! Honestly Ad is nothing more than a " wolf in sheeps clothing". He has every hired various coaches in other sports, turning himself in as head coach so he can get his retirement pay boosted, then pay them cash 💰! Fact! So would you want your kids playing or being apart of such honesty? So this is why mms and nms was not invited!!
Is there a middle school coaches hall of fame? Ad is from Corbin area and that's how this all came about!! Cowardly way to get SMS out of conference with nms! Anyone that knows anything about sports you have to play the best to be the best! That's why nms has to travel so far to get games! It's sad to see programs that's close that won't play each other instead of having to play teams 3hrs away!! Ad doesn't want to challenge his school, all he wants is money for retirement "forget about the kids", !! Probably wouldn't play nms if he could get out of it, but administration won't let him cancel!! Now SMS has good coaching, just get rid of the money hungry AD SMS will be fine!! Hopefully retirement is soon!! All hope for SMS!! #wolfinsheepsclothingAD
Point fingers where you may but the head of the snake is nothing more than AD and former SMS coach! Not the previous coaches are to blame it all has to do with AD of SMS! If you doubt anything said just go to SMS and look on the walls in the gym, you will see all the recruiting started with present AD!! Now destruction of SMS sports points to one person AD
So I take it you don't like the SMS AD?
Who we blaming for all this, its a little unclear.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:So I take it you don't like the SMS AD?

I'm just stating facts of why new conference was made and why SMS has fallen off last year. He was sole one working behind the scenes getting new conference. Everyone seems to think it's all about other schools but it comes down to AD SMS causing this to happen!! Wanted to get away from local schools be because of there success! He has a grudge against Swhs for not hiring him and has done everything in his power to destroy SMS sports!! He has know business being on middle school association because of this!!
AD at SMS is to blame working behind the scenes to start conference! He wasn't interested what's best for Swhs or SMS football, used his influence to get back at nms and meece because of there success, bottom line! For any school to succeed you have to put your teams in strong competition for them to grow on!! Regular season games are nothing more than practice! Playoffs and success in playoffs are where you build your middle school, preparing them for next level which is high school football!
What middle school association does he sit on?
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:What middle school association does he sit on?

New cupcake! Has always been rep or sat on board! Always rep SMS
Also when northern asked the AD at SMS if northern could get in new conference no reply from AD was given! It's awful suspicious that for the past 7 years plus SMS and NMS has always played in same conference, now SMS AD meets with other schools involved and starts new conference?🤔Wonder why
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:So I take it you don't like the SMS AD?
Use too, until finding out how he truly works! Now best thing happen for SMS and Swhs football would be to get someone in there for the best of the program and kids!! That's not going to happen because of his childish ways!!
Pigskin222 Wrote:I've posted more facts than you have. I'm telling it like it is and you are pissed cause you know I'm right.

Fact #1 corbin recruits
Fact #2 the root beer stand is overrated
Fact #3 corbin and Meece are good football programs.
Fact #4 there is a new conference which consists of north laurel, south laurel, southern Pulaski, Whitley and clay county. This is called the Cumberland valley conference aka "cupcake conference"
Fact #5 north Laurel athletic director and administration has cancelled games(in multiple sports) with corbin due to recent recruiting.
Fact #6 a junior and sixth grader from north Laurel (brothers) are now going to corbin. They still live in London. The younger brother was going to stay until the older brother transfer was under investigation, they moved the younger brother to make it look like a legit move.
Fact #6 it's hard to argue with an idiot.
Fact #7 everyone is a lot tougher behind a computer screen.
Fact #8 corbin high school tried to and almost was successful in the recruiting of north laurels high best running back. I've seen the text messages from this player. Nice effort corbin, your strategy is applauded. He had a nice visit.
Fact #9 North Laurel will play Meece if they want to play.
Fact #10 I'm over this thread
Fact #11 it's only march, you can find games.

I'm pro North and desperately want to see us do well but has any of the administrators ever looked at what is causing all the kids to leave. This isn't just a Corbin and football issue, we've lost kids in basketball to Clay and Jackson Co who, while living in Laurel Co, have came back and played and helped beat us. It's almost constant that I see a North Laurel kid playing for someone else and doing we'll, but he couldn't get on the court or field here, that's not the kids or some other schools fault that's the coaches and the administration fault. Also when I look at my tax bill I wonder why I'm my child has to attend a needs assessed school and why nothing seems to be being done about it.
Pigskin222 Wrote:You are right. It's all about the kids. What about the men that are supposed to be leaders recruiting kids to corbin in middle school. Corbin head coach was laughing about bringing south laurel two studs, (the brothers that just moved in from Dayton Ohio. ) into corbin concession stand after their game, feeding them and talking to them about corbin. South coaches had to go in and tell them to get on the bus and stop talking to his players.

Again rocks and glass houses, what about Larkeys recent attempt to recruit these kids to North, apparently momma didn't like being approached about it and has proof she was being offered rent free housing.
Pigskin222 Wrote:I've posted more facts than you have. I'm telling it like it is and you are pissed cause you know I'm right.

Fact #1 corbin recruits

So what about North Laurel's youth league is it not true there are a couple of kids who are in South Laurel's district that have been recruited to North since 3rd grade and are gonna be on the upcoming 6th grade team. One kid's dad got a job on the North Laurel coaching staff and his mom after having been trying to get a teaching job for a while suddenly finds one in North Laurels district. :flame:
With as much recruiting everyone on here is saying North Laurel does, they must be winning state titles year after year!

Oh wait..they haven't won a title.
Lets be honest here, Corbin and London are not some tropical utopia.
Out of every kid that grows up here, transfer or not, has moved on, they all just end up back here. Its not a gateway to paradise Confusednicker:
And nobody cares what your middle school football record was when your 30 years old Confusednicker:
I agree with your point about records riutg, I don't remember what my record was in middle school, but I do remember who won the conference. It wasn't even us. Now days a state title is on the line, I guarantee you that these kids will remember a state title for life if they win one.
Interesting thread here - I feel bad for those teams that got left out, but it seems like the ability to create conferences and move around at will is the real problem here. Cant there be some kind of state wide regulation that is overseen by the KHSAA? Or are they in the process of trying to do this?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets be honest here, Corbin and London are not some tropical utopia.
Out of every kid that grows up here, transfer or not, has moved on, they all just end up back here. Its not a gateway to paradise Confusednicker:
And nobody cares what your middle school football record was when your 30 years old Confusednicker:

[quote=RunItUpTheGut]Didn't lose a game while in middle school, and only one or two losses the 4 or 5 years after we were gone.

Looks like you care there GUT!! Heck you even remember what happened after you left. So which is it? Do you care or don't you?
Whitley is still playing Knox and Northern Pulaski. They did have to drop Corbin to add South Laurel to stay in compliance with the KYMSFA rule of 10 games. I truly don't think they were running from anyone. The only thing middle school conferences help is scheduling games. I know there is bonus points for winning in the seeding but the committee puts you where they want by location anyway.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Whitley is still playing Knox and Northern Pulaski. They did have to drop Corbin to add South Laurel to stay in compliance with the KYMSFA rule of 10 games. I truly don't think they were running from anyone. The only thing middle school conferences help is scheduling games. I know there is bonus points for winning in the seeding but the committee puts you where they want by location anyway.

hmmmm.
Copperhead11 Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]Didn't lose a game while in middle school, and only one or two losses the 4 or 5 years after we were gone.

Looks like you care there GUT!! Heck you even remember what happened after you left. So which is it? Do you care or don't you?

The reason I remember is because I didn't lose a football game until high school butter cup.
Easy to remember when all you remember.is winning.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[quote=Copperhead11]

The reason I remember is because I didn't lose a football game until high school butter cup.
Easy to remember when all you remember.is winning.

You must have been a Boston Eagle!!🦅🦅
Boy Boston had some good teams, I scrimmaged against Boston as a sixth grader. That sixth grade Boston team was the hardest hitting team I played in all of middle school football.
Do schools here in KY have a choice of who they want to play??
No Gut must of been a Poplar Creek Bulldog. Wes Jones was 59-0 one season.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:No Gut must of been a Poplar Creek Bulldog. Wes Jones was 59-0 one season.

HAHAHA!!!!!!! This wins the internet today!!
EAGLES.... it's not the best 11 it's the 11 best!! 🏈🦅🏈🦅
I remember one year Boston ONLY HAD 11!!! and won the whole dang shooting match.

Watered down schedule makes for a lot of wins. That, and only playing 6 games. I seem to remember one season Whitley Middle School only played about 6 games late 90s I think. Not long after that the varsity coach had to help make the schedule. or maybe my memory is failing me.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next