•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Conferences 2017
Ps I am not trying to fight or be difficult I am just wanting someone to realize that this is wrong and the real victims are the kids. I am not a coach but I am all about youth sports and the integrity of the game. It is no secret that the more involved kids are is the less likely they have the opportunity to get into something they shouldn't do. This is the type of thing that discourages kids and parents and starts the decline of involvement.
So they left last year or for this upcoming season?

All you have to do to be in state playoffs is have played 8 games by start of playoffs not points. Points are just for seeding.
They left for the 2017 season.
I would hope that next time, these schools are smart enough to impose penalties and have by laws in place for teams leaving.
If the schools didn't break any rules and there were no contracts made about the schedule I'm not sure how anyone can complain.
It might leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it sounds like what they did was legal, even if it wasn't the right thing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would hope that next time, these schools are smart enough to impose penalties and have by laws in place for teams leaving.
If the schools didn't break any rules and there were no contracts made about the schedule I'm not sure how anyone can complain.
It might leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it sounds like what they did was legal, even if it wasn't the right thing.
no bad taste and not sure if there is bylaws, I know the baseball conference has bylaws.
So they left for this upcoming season...it's only march. Find games against whoever this year to fill out your required games to Be eligible for playoffs. And get with your (new) conference and set rules/penalties for teams that bail out of games.

And like i said earlier, get contracts with teams. It's sad but not to many people still believe that your word is your bond.

Best of luck this upcoming season.
Two conferences, we have two thats it?
Bossdaddy Wrote:Ps I am not trying to fight or be difficult I am just wanting someone to realize that this is wrong and the real victims are the kids. I am not a coach but I am all about youth sports and the integrity of the game. It is no secret that the more involved kids are is the less likely they have the opportunity to get into something they shouldn't do. This is the type of thing that discourages kids and parents and starts the decline of involvement.

It's also wrong for adults to use the kids and then say it's all for the kid when it's really just for the adults.

Do the Madison Co football conference not participate in the stte playoffs?
EKMSC (Eastern Kentucky Middle School Conference):
BATH COUNTY
ROWAN COUNTY
LEWIS COUNTY
MORGAN COUNTY
FLEMING COUNTY (SIMMONS)
MASON COUNTY
WEST CARTER
EAST CARTER
GREENUP COUNTY
RACELAND
ASHLAND VERITY
BOYD COUNTY
LAWRENCE COUNTY
POWELL COUNTY

The 1st 8 listed are the original conference members. The others were added in 2013. It could have changed some since then.
diceman Wrote:It's also wrong for adults to use the kids and then say it's all for the kid when it's really just for the adults.

Do the Madison Co football conference not participate in the stte playoffs?

It is funny how people always have a comment but yet have no clue what they are talking about. I have stated I am not a coach just a fan. Oh we'll good luck this season wish Knox all the best
The same situation just happened with Williamsburg. The other coaches got together and made a new conference and left us out. Does anyone know how many points a team gets for winning a conference?
A conference champion can receive a 2 point kicker. This is only if your conference has the minimum number of teams to receive kicker points.
As the old saying goes, "it's lonely at the top".
A lot of talk going on with not many facts in this thread. Let's go back to last fall. The conference which consisted of corbin, south, north, Meece and clay had tried to get southern Pulaski in the conference. Everyone agreed except Meece. This caused a big fuss as we all wanted southern Pulaski in. The plan discussed between coaches was for the next year to vote Meece out and get southern Pulaski in or basically "dismantle the conference and make a new one leaving Meece out"- a quote by one of the conference head coaches- Why? Meece was a 10 point win as compared to southern being a 30 point win. Both was in same location, a drive to pulaksi county. So would you rather drive to pulaksi and get a 10 point win or 30 point win if you were fortunate enough to win. There has been some problems between north and south laurel with corbin as for kids being recruited to Corbin at both the middle and high school levels. (Won't get into details there but have plenty of facts.) The administration at north Laurel (prinicpal, school AD and county AD) made the decision to not play Corbin in volleyball, football, basketball etc for the current and upcoming year due to recent problems. This was not a coach or coaches decision. It is unfortunate the schedules had to be changed, but it is March and there is many games out there. Also, everyone involved had to redo their schedules. Many is calling this a cupcake conference? Two teams that were dropped was a 10 point team and a 20 point team. The two teams were replaced with 30 point teams. So the conference went from 2 30's, 2 20's and a 10 to now 4 30's and a 20 (clay co) and clay co principal says they may be a 30 this year based on enrollment. Corbin and Meece are both quality and respectable programs but saying southern Pulaski and Whitley isn't is ridiculous. Also, this new conference matches up very well to high school 5A region which includes north Laurel, south laurel, Whitley, and southwestern Pulaski. This new conference makes sense in many aspects. This new conference is not about being a conference champion more often, it's about more points possible, matching up with high school region. Conferences come and go, changes are made. Wayne went independent a few years ago. Wasn't Bell in northern Pulaski conference as well. Things change, go independent, form a new conference. Northern, knox, corbin,Meece , could be a nice conference. New Harlan? McQueary? Bell?
Thats a long post that could have been summed up in 5 words.
Enrollment size doesn't equal quality. Every team in the new cupcake conference would go 0-4 against Corbin, northern, Knox, and meece. Most games wouldn't even be close.
So this forum/post is now about one conference breaking up instead of just seeing what conferences were out there?
Close the thread then, its obvious the original topic is not gaining any interest. Over a week up and there have been a grand total of three posts about said topic. As it stands the only topic anyone is posting about is the new cupcake conference. I would start it's own thread, but for some reason I can start threads.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Enrollment size doesn't equal quality. Every team in the new cupcake conference would go 0-4 against Corbin, northern, Knox, and meece. Most games wouldn't even be close.

Wow you're a smart one. There are lots of teams d2 teams and d3 teams that can beat d1 teams out there. Pretty sure new Harlan could have won d1 last year. But based on state seeding it is important to get points. Also,at the 7th grade level clay and north Laurel beat Meece and knox last year. North laurel lost to corbin by 2 in regular season last year. So your statement is not accurate. And I'm pretty sure northern just beats the crap out of everyone most years.
plantmanky Wrote:Thats a long post that could have been summed up in 5 words.

What would those five words be?
Just cause I am curious, as to this new conference, which side are you on? the side that was allowed in or the side that was left out?
I am for all schools that got left behind, yes it is only march but it will still be a challenge to field a full schedule. Northern, Meece, Corbin and Knox where all power houses in seventh. I don't recall Williamsburgs record but sounds like they are being victims of there past success also. The system in my opinion is obviously broke. I feel this way because kmfsa can't control conference issues I get that, but they control the ultimate prize for these kids that is state tourney. I think they should be givin control of all middles school football aspects. Schedules should be based on high school alignment so that the rivalries grow with the kids. That way high school football rivalries are more tradition. Just food for thought, who am I nothing but a fan. Last post on this but schools should have to honor prior commitments and if they vote to change should be applied to following season not mid stream. Best of luck to all programs, hope for safety and successfully shaping the youth for tomorrow. Being a volunteer is harder than regular job with all the pressures, but teaching that jumping ship has to take a jab at the kids self worth. You can say it's over points travel distance recruiting but at the end of the day it is the easier road.
I'm a Corbin fan, but I'm on the side of being a man. Live up to your word and play the schedule you agreed too.
Williamsburg has won there conference the last 4 years. This is why i think we got the boot.
I agree that your word is your bond. and if you give it you should follow through. I all can recommend is to try and see if any of the coaches at next weekends coaching clinic have spots open in their schedules and making it work for this year and get a jump start on your schedule for next. I would also suggest that your new conference make rules, penalties for teams that fail to play a contracted (create a contract) game.

Bossdaddy,

It would be impossible to make kids play same schedule as high schools. Some high schools are formed by a couple middle school, so would you have the middle schools that join in high school play each other in middle or not?

I am in JCPS, so our kids can go to whatever school they can get accepted to. That would make it impossible to have middle schools match high school rivals. We however have rivals in JCPS middle. Most of the JCPS conference creates there own rivalries, we play each other every year and create the hype between the games.

I still feel that you should be able to schedule some games for next year (only need 7 by playoffs). True it may not be against teams you want or near where you want but get it done for the kids, in the end this whole thing is to prepare them for high school and beyond.
I agree, it's not a sky is falling type of thing. It is just aggravating to see men, who are supposed to be leading these young men, fail to act like men. As far as scheduling goes, I'm sure the coaches will get it done. It'll just be a little harder on the kids, which may not be a bad thing.
Why didn't Meece get voted out at the meeting? I was told Southern AD walked out of meeting before the vote. Meece had a date to play southern last year but the AD told their coach not to play Meece because they would get beat. Sounds like North and South can't beat Corbin or Meece the smaller schools so use the excuse they don't get enough points if they win. Southern was in a confrence why didn't they just stay in that conference? I heard they wanted to get away from Northern. If schools like Corbin-Meece and Williamsburg are getting voted out because the are not worth enough points then something needs to be done are all conference's will be big schools. Bottom line is North and South Laural back stabbed Corbin and Meece because year in and year out they can't beat them so get rid of them. That conference had been in existence for over twenty years.
Bossdaddy Wrote:If Corbin recruited a middle school player that is the first I have heard, and I would have heard. There was a kid that transferred to Corbin after his brother did and his sister also came to Corbin. But that kid is only going to be in sixth grade. So I am pretty sure they didn't recruit him to play rec league for a year and then join middle school team in the seventh grade.

Boss daddy you don't know what you are talking about. A junior from north Laurel transferred to corbin. Then about 3 weeks later his younger brother that yes is currently in 6th grade also transferred because it was "under investigation". They do not have a sister. They have a older brother that is a senior at north high still but he didn't move because he doesn't play any sports. They still live in London, corbin provided an address.
Just throwing this out there... I'm almost 100% positive Clay Co is still playing Corbin and Meece this upcoming season. At least that's what their Coach told me.
bandit57 Wrote:Why didn't Meece get voted out at the meeting? I was told Southern AD walked out of meeting before the vote. Meece had a date to play southern last year but the AD told their coach not to play Meece because they would get beat. Sounds like North and South can't beat Corbin or Meece the smaller schools so use the excuse they don't get enough points if they win. Southern was in a confrence why didn't they just stay in that conference? I heard they wanted to get away from Northern. If schools like Corbin-Meece and Williamsburg are getting voted out because the are not worth enough points then something needs to be done are all conference's will be big schools. Bottom line is North and South Laural back stabbed Corbin and Meece because year in and year out they can't beat them so get rid of them. That conference had been in existence for over twenty years.

So it's ok for Corbin's coach to want to dismantle the conference and kick meece out but not ok when someone else does it. The reason southern AD walked out because we had planned the meeting for weeks via email to vote southern in. We all met at north middle and for 2 hours discussed things, mainly listened to corbin and Meece argue the whole time. Then when we got to the voting southern in which we thought was an automatic thing, Meece bucked on the idea. Southern drove all the way over wasted 2 hours for nothing.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next