Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Pikeville (15th Region Championship)
Johnson Central: 27-6 (57th District Champions)
Pikeville: 22-8 (59th District Champions)

These two teams haven't played this season.

Monday night (3/6) @ 7:30.... The Expo Center in Pikeville is the place to be.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
If my boy didn't have a K-2 game tomorrow Id be there. Look forward to hearing it.
IMO This game will be a Mason Blair show and Pikeville will win in a very close game.
JC got a big wake up call against Lawrence County..... they don't have this thing won and nobody's gonna lay down for them. They looked like they could just go through the motions and make it to the finals and Lawrence just about ended their season.

I look for a re-focused JC team to take care of business and return to Rupp Arena.
JC cruises in this one after escaping against LC. Eagles 85- Panthers 69
doubledown Wrote:JC cruises in this one after escaping against LC. Eagles 85- Panthers 69

I don't know about cruising... but I do see JC getting the win.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I don't know about cruising... but I do see JC getting the win.

Not a fan of either team really, but hope JC takes them to the woodshed
I've watboth teams several times this year it won't be a easy game for ether team better I'm pulling for the Panthers in this one
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC got a big wake up call against Lawrence County..... they don't have this thing won and nobody's gonna lay down for them. They looked like they could just go through the motions and make it to the finals and Lawrence just about ended their season.

I look for a re-focused JC team to take care of business and return to Rupp Arena.

You act like they just have to focus and take care of business, but there is no evidence they are better than Pikeville.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson Central: 27-6 (57th District Champions)
Pikeville: 22-8 (59th District Champions)

These two teams haven't played this season.

Monday night (3/6) @ 7:30.... The Expo Center in Pikeville is the place to be.

Pikeville and Johnson Central usually play during the regular season. Trivia question, when was the last time that two teams met in the 15th region championship and did not face each other in the regular season?
2006. Shelby Valley and Johnson Central.
Warthog Wrote:Not a fan of either team really, but hope JC takes them to the woodshed
spoken like a true SV homer!
Should be an interesting championship. Pikeville proved that they can really speed up the pace and tempo, scoring 82 points in the win over South Floyd. Of course that's the way Central likes to play, so if Pikeville can keep up that same pace, or possibly even slow it down and keep the score in the 50's-60's, I think Pikeville has a chance, plus I don't think Central has anyone to contain the Battail kid. Both teams have been special all season, but I'll have to go with Central going back to Rupp. Best of luck to both teams.
jetpilot Wrote:You act like they just have to focus and take care of business, but there is no evidence they are better than Pikeville.

That's why they play the game.
15th Region championships & Sweet 16 history.

Johnson Central: 9 KHSAA member since 1968.
1972, 1975, 1984, 2000 (Elite 8), 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Elite 8), 2015.
2-9 overall at the Sweet 16.

Pikeville: 11 KHSAA member since 1919.
1922 (Quarterfinals), 1924, 1925 (Elite 8), 1926 (Elite 8), 1949 (Elite 8), 1950, 1953 (Elite 8), 1955 (Elite 8), 1959, 1974, 1999 (Elite 8).
7-11 overall at the Sweet 16.

15th Region Runner-Ups

Johnson Central: 5
2016, 2008, 1985, 1977, 1970.

Pikeville: 9
2007, 2000, 1971, 1960, 1956, 1954, 1938, 1932, 1923.

2000 is the only other time that JC & Pikeville have played for the 15th Regional championship. JC won 66-54. The game was @ Allen Central HS.
Gotta go with Pikeville in a close one.
Coach Booher will have a great game plan and he's been in the big games before. Blair will probably take 45-50 shots. I like Pikeville to pull the upset.
Can't wait til 7:30!!!!!
I think Wyatt Battaile is going to be a tough matchup down low for the Eagles. He is a very athletic power forward. Dalton Collins is going to have to stay out of foul trouble cause he is going to have his hands full with Battaile. Kyle Watkins is a solid point guard for Pikeville he impressed me the other night as well. Tonight is the night that Mason Blair has to come up huge for JC. He has to be locked in from the opening tap, take quality shots, and play defense. All those broken records are great but it's time to step up and lead your team to a championship.

These two teams look pretty even and both teams have some mismatches they will have to take advantage of. Foul trouble is going to be a big factor. Cole Crace has been picking up a lot of fouls lately. I'm going with JC by 6 but I would not be surprised to see Pikeville cutting down the nets.
Pikeville wins, Watkins will be the difference in this one.
He's the floor general out there tonight.
Battaile is the difference in this game if Pikeville wins it will be because JC can't consistently stop him but if he don't have a great game and Blair has one of his great shooting nights it will be JC definitely two very good team and should be a great game but both of the stars has to come up big tonight
4everUK Wrote:spoken like a true SV homer!

Should dang skippy lmao
JC by 15
I see JC winning the region but unfortunately whoever wins will be one and done at Rupp.
Good crowd here for both sides.
Looks like there is more maroon than black & gold, but that's to be expected in their hometown.
1:41 1st qtr.

20-13 JC .
End 1st qtr.

24-17 JC
4:59 2nd qtr.

38-20 JC