Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central
Im not sure Martin would come back to Floyd co and coach.
Why make stuff up? Rodney Rowe does not speak of his personal business.
Looking forward to seeing Floyd Central's school and gymnasium next season!
The rumors about Kevin Spurlock and Johnny simply are not anything but that. Rumors. No one has been selected for boys or girls. Haven't formed a committee to hire yet. Applications were up yesterday. Tony Isaac the AD of South Floyd has been completing both schedules in basketball.
Henry Webb will be the only person picking the coaches. No committee.
He has a huge input but yes there will be a committee.
So who are the masterminds on this committee? I honestly don't believe it exists but if it's the same people who have made decisions at allen central and south Floyd then Floyd central will be doomed from the start. Many kids have left the county and I look for more to follow. Look at the football team. It's mid march and still no coach. At this rate, Floyd county athletics will continue to be less than mediocre especially when compared to surrounding counties. Great job Floyd County BOE!
Lol
I don't find this very amusing Wyatt. Maybe you are one of those mastermind committee members? Where exactly were these jobs posted? Wasn't the KHSAA website.
No mastermind here. You know sometimes a person amuses themselves by simply listening.
I typed in Floyd county schools and found supplemental positions for Floyd Central. It stated contact Ted George to apply. I believe the deadline was the 15th which gave about two weeks for anyone interested. I never check out KHSAA for any listing.
Dr. Webb was seen at the Sweet16 on Thursday, which is very normal since State Tourney also host state Superintendent meetings at the same time, but was he there possibly finding a coach? This is the time when all the coaching movement starts. Anyway just wondering who or what the rumors maybe. Plus other than boys basketball there are tons of other coaching positions that may be needed at Floyd Central. Things should start to get interesting very soon.
I have heard that this job is John Noble of Buckhorn's if he wants it! Would not be surprised to see him as a Jaguar soon.
People on the Interview committee are: Henry Webb, Joe Marson, Bonita Compton, Ted George, and Greta Thornsberry. This committee makeup might tell more than just coaching.
Not one person on that committee is capable of hiring a coach for any sport. Pathetic!
Any new news on a hire? John Noble would be a great hire but I would be surprised if he left Buckhorn.
How in the world do you hire a basketball coach and you do not have Coach Jr. Newsome on the interview committee? He is a legend, great person and great coach. Like I said in an earlier post....Keep the buddy system out of the hiring process and hire the best possible candidate. I will say it again....How do you interview for the head basketball coaching position and not have Jr. Newsome on the interview committee. Now, having said that...John Noble is a great coach! Great with the kids, the community and the people he works with. I truly wish the best for Floyd Central....I am just simply stating my opinion and like I said before "only time will tell".
KRS forbids board of education members from being involved with personnel decisions, other than hiring of the district superintendent.
Starbucks Wrote:How in the world do you hire a basketball coach and you do not have Coach Jr. Newsome on the interview committee? He is a legend, great person and great coach. Like I said in an earlier post....Keep the buddy system out of the hiring process and hire the best possible candidate. I will say it again....How do you interview for the head basketball coaching position and not have Jr. Newsome on the interview committee. Now, having said that...John Noble is a great coach! Great with the kids, the community and the people he works with. I truly wish the best for Floyd Central....I am just simply stating my opinion and like I said before "only time will tell".

I'm right with you, Coach Newsome is a local legend and has been around the game a long time. I even played four years under the man and he taught me a lot not only about basketball but about he real world.

But I think if you put him on the committee then a lot of people start to think that they deserve to be on the committee as well. And with Coach's new position on the board of education it may conflict with him being able to be apart of the committee.
What is the word on the Tackett boy at FC hesitation on going if so not good for FC!!!!
Floyd Central has picked a coach. Will post as soon as I get the clear to do so.
CA3 Wrote:Floyd Central has picked a coach. Will post as soon as I get the clear to do so.

Everyone knows it is Spurlock.
Spurlock for boys basketball. Hager for football and assistant on basketball. Baseball is TBD
MR. Slate Wrote:Everyone knows it is Spurlock.

This was set into motion a few years ago when Spurlock left PCC and went to AC. No shock to me.
I may have overlooked it but are they not going to have a track team or wrestling team?
Is the word true Tackett and company from SF have a hesitation after announcement
I was informed that only three people interviewed for the boys coaching job. Coach at SF, AC, and Kevin Spurlock. We heard all school year that Kevin Spurlock would be the coach for basketball and Hagar would coach the football team. However, it was vehemently denied by those involved. People were told there were piles of applications, if this is true then the interview process was just a formality. People also said that the girls coach at SF will coach the girls. AD at SF will be new school AD. Of course this to has been vehemently denied. We will see?
Surprise...Surprise.....! Like I said earlier....The old "buddy system" at its finest. Spurlock as the head coach for boys basketball and Hager the head football coach. Time will tell!
Only two applicants for the girls coach. Justin Triplett is a good coach and an even finer person.
🤔