Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central
So, what happened to the so called statewide search that was supposed to pull in coaching talent from all over creation? They only posted jobs on the district web site. Didn't post on KDE, or KHSAA. Only two application for girls, and only two interviewed for football, and three interviewed for boys position. Or, maybe people were afraid to apply or even put their name into consideration. A couple coaches I talked to were afraid of the backing they would get and no way would they apply.
Been a lot of talk about the boys hire tonight. Not a lot of it in positive tones to be honest
Thirsty Dog Wrote:I was informed that only three people interviewed for the boys coaching job. Coach at SF, AC, and Kevin Spurlock. We heard all school year that Kevin Spurlock would be the coach for basketball and Hagar would coach the football team. However, it was vehemently denied by those involved. People were told there were piles of applications, if this is true then the interview process was just a formality. People also said that the girls coach at SF will coach the girls. AD at SF will be new school AD. Of course this to has been vehemently denied. We will see?
This is false, Allen Central's coach didn't get interviewed and neither did South Floyd's. Both knew that they was going with a new face. There also wasn't a pile of applications, there was only 5 that applied.
Why would anyone apply to a position that was already promised? No self respecting coach would apply for any job in Eastern Kentucky. Simple politics fill the positions and people wonder why their team cannot win championships. The 15th region will be horrible for the foreseeable future.
All I know is in 2013 Spurlock had Beverly and Johnson and couldn't win the 14th I guess we'll see how it goes for him this go around I believe I would have hired the coach from SF
This could be true rumor is some players are not pleased with the NEW coach let's hope it is not the top few players or the FC could be in trouble before it gets started
I really want to see this program get off on the right foot :betterthanexpected: