Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Pitino vs. Tubby Smith - The Numbers Don't Lie
That's awful and pushing pathetic to ever look on the bright side of Kentucky losing. The fact that some Kentucky fans want Kentucky to lose to make Tubby look bad tells me all I need to know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cards_athlete Wrote:^ I dont like to see my Cats losing, but if it means tubby goes, Im all up for it!

Thats a damn shame
corndog23 Wrote:Thats a damn shame

It's one of the most sickening things I'd ever seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I never want the cats to lose even if it meant a better draw in a tourney
I dont like them losing, but I just want to see tubby go. Not really a serious thing, a metaphor for how bad I want Tubby to be fired. sheesh
Come on guys take it easy on ol cards athlete,,,,like he said sheesh
cards_athlete Wrote:^ I dont like to see my Cats losing, but if it means tubby goes, Im all up for it!

You, me and hundreds of thousands of other UK fans feel the same way, cards_athlete. Check KSR when you get a chance. It's meltdown city over there...over 3700 posters online at the moment and most of them are calling for Tubby's head.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Come on guys take it easy on ol cards athlete,,,,like he said sheesh

Thanks OSD, I sure do love my cats and I love when they win. Im just getting really tired of Tubby

BTW its she :thumpsup:
Maybe if Tubby will look at the situation and him being a good man,,which I think he is, he would resign.Kentucky has no harmony with the program because so many people hate Tubby.Why doesnt he step down?
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:You, me and hundreds of thousands of other UK fans feel the same way, cards_athlete. Check KSR when you get a chance. It's meltdown city over there...over 3700 posters online at the moment and most of them are calling for Tubby's head.

Any links please?
alfus21 Wrote:That's awful and pushing pathetic to ever look on the bright side of Kentucky losing. The fact that some Kentucky fans want Kentucky to lose to make Tubby look bad tells me all I need to know.

I agree its pathetic that it has come to this. But its the reality of the situation. But I have remained patient with Tubby for last 3 years.. I no longer will support Tubby until he proves me wrong. Why should I? I support the players. I think the players would be better off with a new coach. Losing 4 of the next 5 would almost assure that we have. I am a fan of Kentucky Basketball and nothing will ever change that. But I am not a fan of man thats paid 2.5 million dollars (More than 90 percent of working Americans make in a life time) and doesn't have the ability to get his teams to play hard and with passion. He is set for life financially. While most of us will struggle just to make ends meet. Why should I feel sympathy for him?

I don't understand what everyone sees in Tubby! How much more time does he need to turn this around. Fans have a right to be upset. They pay his salary. And no, I don't have unrealistic expectations. But I do expect us to be good enough to beat a ranked team at least once per season. I mean I know there is parity in the game today. But I mean teams like Oral Roberts, Marshall and UL have beaten ranked teams. We simply haven't.

Listen guys, I have nothing against fellow UK fans. I'm glad you all bleed blue with me. By why wouldn't you want whats best the program. I think a coaching change would be best for the program right now.

Deep down inside I hold on to hope that UK and Tubby will somehow turn this around and will make a final four run. Then I turn on another game and its the same old unenthusiastic and lethargic style of play. It's just getting old. We can't win them all but at least give it your all. You can't say this team is actually playing to the intensity and passion they are capable of. And, whos to blame? I point to no other person than the coach.
^Well put
Super_de Wrote:I honeslty dont see what this thread is proving, noone ever said Tubby was better than Rick. It was RICK who left Kentucky and Kentucky Hired Tubby. Atleast Tubby doesnt run off to the Nba when he was offerd jobs.

I for one wish that he would!! He is a great man, but he has brought the UK basketball program DOWN! We have records that have been broken under his watch that had been in place for decades. We have accomplished nothing with the players that he has brought to KY.

IMHO - It is recruiting and motivation more than style. But I like the pressure D and run and gun style better than the current Tubby style. If he ever goes somewhere else, I wish him the best of luck, but he isn't for UK. My gosh, he doesn't even recruit Lofton and he burns us everytime we play. How smart is that? And if you want true dedication from a player, recruit a Kentucky boy for once!
EKY Sportster Wrote:And if you want true dedication from a player, recruit a Kentucky boy for once!

Amen!
EKY Sportster Wrote:I for one wish that he would!! He is a great man, but he has brought the UK basketball program DOWN! We have records that have been broken under his watch that had been in place for decades. We have accomplished nothing with the players that he has brought to KY.

IMHO - It is recruiting and motivation more than style. But I like the pressure D and run and gun style better than the current Tubby style. If he ever goes somewhere else, I wish him the best of luck, but he isn't for UK. My gosh, he doesn't even recruit Lofton and he burns us everytime we play. How smart is that? And if you want true dedication from a player, recruit a Kentucky boy for once!

We made room for Saw smith but can't make room for a Kentucky Mr. Basketball.. Kentucky has always seemed to have had at least one stand out player from the state.
cards_athlete Wrote:Any links please?

Here's the link you requested. A thousand apologies if posting links on BGR is a violation. TBH, I'm not sure. If so, please delete.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Here's the link you requested. A thousand apologies if posting links on BGR is a violation. TBH, I'm not sure. If so, please delete.

All in good cause.:thumpsup:
Thanx QQ....wasn't sure. I know on the 'other board' ( which I no longer visit ) it's taboo to post links. Suspensions are handed out like candy.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Thanx QQ....wasn't sure. I know on the 'other board' ( which I no longer visit ) it's taboo to post links. Suspensions are handed out like candy.

Smile I experienced that first hand.. The result was BGR..Confusedhh:
^ which turned into pure brilliance:notworthy
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:You, me and hundreds of thousands of other UK fans feel the same way, cards_athlete. Check KSR when you get a chance. It's meltdown city over there...over 3700 posters online at the moment and most of them are calling for Tubby's head.

Wow and I thought there were a lot of people on here wanting him gone!
:Thumbs: AGREED...I dont even visit other sites anymore. This is hands down the best site on the internet.
cards_athlete Wrote:^ which turned into pure brilliance:notworthy
People might get on each other kinda hard sometimes but are always quick to say the two great words,,Im Sorry,,,good site good guys
I got booted of the other site that was mentioned because of this,,,Some guy who goes by Jim Schue was going on and on about he was proud Cherl Swoopes left her husband and two kids for her lesbian lover.How she needs to put herself first, be true to herself and on and on how great this was and all I said was this,,,,,Sounds to me someone else is coming out of the closet.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I got booted of the other site that was mentioned because of this,,,Some guy who goes by Jim Schue was going on and on about he was proud Cherl Swoopes left her husband and two kids for her lesbian lover.How she needs to put herself first, be true to herself and on and on how great this was and all I said was this,,,,,Sounds to me someone else is coming out of the closet.

Nice reply.lol
cards_athlete Wrote:Nice reply.lol
The guys name isnt spelled even near right but reading their posts on religion,,man I cant believe how many people are basically atheists.There are alot of people who dont care to make fun or criticize any thing to do with god.I never have to read garbage like that on here and Im thankful for that.
Old school Dawg Wrote:The guys name isnt spelled even near right but reading their posts on religion,,man I cant believe how many people are basically atheists.There are alot of people who dont care to make fun or criticize any thing to do with god.I never have to read garbage like that on here and Im thankful for that.

BGR family is a great one to be part of
Plain and Simple Tubby is winning Season games but not in the Tourny. His time has come and gone. Time to find a new coach before the program washes away anymore than it has.
i agree give tubby walking papers and get pitino back i do not care what it takes i will pay more taxes to get pitino back where he belongs in the big blue nation.
rallo316 Wrote:i agree give tubby walking papers and get pitino back i do not care what it takes i will pay more taxes to get pitino back where he belongs in the big blue nation.

:thatsfunn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]