Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching rumors or job openings
I have heard there is a good chance Biggs at Mason might retire from coaching. Anyone else heard this?
If Floyd Central could get Noble from Buckhorn that would be a great hire. He is a great young coach.
Larry Caudill will be the coach at Floyd Central is what I'm hearing.Al Holland was never interested but has been helping the powers that be find a coach and recommended Caudill. Supposedly Caudill is one of the best basketball minds in the state and he brings the added bonus of his daughter coming to the girls team
If Montgomery came open would Cook at Clark be interested? He has coached there before and his wife if from Mt. Sterling i believe.
Just a question not a rumor: With BB King's health problems will this be his last year coaching Knott Central?
I have also heard that Cothron will be back at Somerset
I dont see Noble leaving Buckhorn hes got it made there and he got a great job. The only Job I see him leave for is Perry Central. To long of a drive for him. Noble will at Buckhorn next year.
Al Holland to Knott County maybe
hoghead Wrote:I dont see Noble leaving Buckhorn hes got it made there and he got a great job. The only Job I see him leave for is Perry Central. To long of a drive for him. Noble will at Buckhorn next year.

I'd say he lives closer to Floyd Central than Buckhorn!
hoghead Wrote:Al Holland to Knott County maybe

This needs to stop right here!!! Not happening!!!
Only way Knott makes a change is if BB just doesn't want to coach anymore.
Big Hammer Wrote:Larry Caudill will be the coach at Floyd Central is what I'm hearing.Al Holland was never interested but has been helping the powers that be find a coach and recommended Caudill. Supposedly Caudill is one of the best basketball minds in the state and he brings the added bonus of his daughter coming to the girls team

Where has he coached?
I know I was the one that first posted that Rowe (SV) was a possibility,but after talking to a source from Floyd Co. Word is there is nothing to this and that someone from SV started this rumor almost a year ago. Playing politics I reckon is what he said.
Broken Play18 Wrote:Thank you for the reply. I honestly didn't know the answer. I would love to see either Coach get the job.

Welcome. Either one would be a great choice. I would think Noble stays at Buckhorn though, but anything is possible if the right offer was made.

If they have a chance of landing Al Holland, I think they should go that direction. I think Floyd Central would always be in the hunt for the 15th Region championship each season. As far as a proven name goes here in the mountains, Al Holland has a resume that is hard to match.

When I saw Kevin Spurlock was hired to teach at Allen Central, I thought that it might lead to him being the first boys coach at Floyd Central, just a guess on my part though as I didn't hear any rumors about it.
Based on the job he has done with SF this season shouldn't Holbrook be considered for Floyd Central?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:This needs to stop right here!!! Not happening!!!
If Coach King decides to step down, this very well could happen. Was rumored last year a little until Coach King decided to come back for his senior guard and the rest of his team.
Have heard, Coach Hammonds (Letcher)may be headed back to Jessamine County, Coach Amis (Breathitt) may have shot at the new James Madison school in Lexington or Floyd Central. Have heard rumors of Coach Holland (Hazard) to Knott, Floyd Central, or Letcher, which are all closer to Pikeville where his son is. Coach Bentley (Estill) Possibly to Hazard if Holland chooses to go elsewhere. Should definitely be some moving around in the 14th this year. Will be interesting for sure.
If Larry Caudill is coaching Floyd central who will his daughter be playing for at Floyd central.
Big Hammer Wrote:Larry Caudill will be the coach at Floyd Central is what I'm hearing.Al Holland was never interested but has been helping the powers that be find a coach and recommended Caudill. Supposedly Caudill is one of the best basketball minds in the state and he brings the added bonus of his daughter coming to the girls team

If Larry Caudill is coaching Floyd central who will his daughter be playing for at Floyd central.
realdealuk23 Wrote:If Larry Caudill is coaching Floyd central who will his daughter be playing for at Floyd central.
He has a biddy league/grade school resume, he will not be the Head Coach at any of these schools. BUT, he does have an 8th grade daughter that could make any team a contender, so he could make some coach a great ASSISTANT or Stat man. :Clap:
realdealuk23 Wrote:If Larry Caudill is coaching Floyd central who will his daughter be playing for at Floyd central.

Randy Napier. 😂
Josh hurt to hazard
I don't understand at all why Floyd Central even needs to be looking for a new head coach, they have a great young coach that's already coaching South Floyd. It's horrible that they are even thinking of getting anyone else. Apparently a lot of or all the personnel for both South Floyd and Allen Central will be replaced, and I think that's plain ridiculous. I don't know much or really anything about the Allen Central coaches but why not let them join together to run all the teams, at least give them a couple of years to do the best job they can and I'm sure they would do fine, if they don't succeed then the school system could make a change. These coaches and players know each other so well that to me it would be redundant to make any changes at all. South Floyd would be returning most of the team from this year and I'm sure Allen Central had some great players as well and I'm sure the coaches could work out some kind of compromise on how to run the team. Same goes for the girls basketball teams as well as all other sports. Come on Floyd county school system, pull your heads out of your rears and do the right thing.
14thregionref Wrote:Have heard, Coach Hammonds (Letcher)may be headed back to Jessamine County, Coach Amis (Breathitt) may have shot at the new James Madison school in Lexington or Floyd Central. Have heard rumors of Coach Holland (Hazard) to Knott, Floyd Central, or Letcher, which are all closer to Pikeville where his son is. Coach Bentley (Estill) Possibly to Hazard if Holland chooses to go elsewhere. Should definitely be some moving around in the 14th this year. Will be interesting for sure.

When you say "the new James Madison school in Lexington" do you mean the new Frederick Douglas school? I haven't heard of a new James Madison school in Fayette County.
14thregionref Wrote:Have heard, Coach Hammonds (Letcher)may be headed back to Jessamine County, Coach Amis (Breathitt) may have shot at the new James Madison school in Lexington or Floyd Central. Have heard rumors of Coach Holland (Hazard) to Knott, Floyd Central, or Letcher, which are all closer to Pikeville where his son is. Coach Bentley (Estill) Possibly to Hazard if Holland chooses to go elsewhere. Should definitely be some moving around in the 14th this year. Will be interesting for sure.

Don't see Coach Bentley leaving Estill. Not this season, not with the team he's gonna have next season. returning 4/5 starters plus a solid 8th grade team coming in. He shouldn't have any problems winning this district again.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:When you say "the new James Madison school in Lexington" do you mean the new Frederick Douglas school? I haven't heard of a new James Madison school in Fayette County.

My bad, wrong name. You are correct. Fredrick Douglas is what I meant. 🙄
Best thing to happen to Betsy Layne would be Floyd Central hire someone outside and the Bobcats welcome coach Holbrook and Triplet to Bobcat Country.
Betsy Lane needs there gym finished .
Kevin Spurlock to Floyd Central
New coach at Pburg is the word and possibly BL.
Hearing Dougie Hopkins candidate for both.
McCoy could be retiring at ER
Kevin has had some nice coaching jobs .