Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Drawing
Breathitt vs Letcher 6:00 2/27
Owsley vs Leslie 8:00 2/27

Knott County vs Estill County 6:00 2/28
Perry County Central vs Wolfe 8:00 2/28

Games are at Hazard. Should be very interesting.
LCC vs Leslie
PCC vs Knott

PCC vs Leslie

Lady Commodores as Champs!!
I see Knott and Leslie in the championship. Knott by 5.
PCC vs Leslie
PCC wins it
sports fan00 Wrote:I see Knott and Leslie in the championship. Knott by 5.
estill beat Kcc once this year! An Pcc won't lay down for Kcc! Remember Pcc just ran Leslie out of the gym in the district championship game! If Kcc gets past these two teams then we can talk about the regional championship game! An i'am still not convinced that Leslie can beat owsley,what ever they are doing over there now is working great for them an they should have been doing that all season!!
hillbilly cat Wrote:estill beat Kcc once this year! An Pcc won't lay down for Kcc! Remember Pcc just ran Leslie out of the gym in the district championship game! If Kcc gets past these two teams then we can talk about the regional championship game! An i'am still not convinced that Leslie can beat owsley,what ever they are doing over there now is working great for them an they should have been doing that all season!!

Yeah Gibson for Owsley will be hard to handle for any team. Any player who can get 40 and 20 will cause major problems for teams. Should be a good game.
Leslie will beat Owsley 15+.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Leslie will beat Owsley 15+.

Well people also said there's no way Owsley would win their District and they did so we just have to wait and see.
BallFan11 Wrote:Well people also said there's no way Owsley would win their District and they did so we just have to wait and see.

That district was pretty weak and I think Leslie wins by 17
Lets take wishful thinking out of it. Wolfe and PCC-no contest too much depth and talent at Perry. Knott Vs Estill-could go either way, but KCC has a few more weapons, being at Hazard gives Estill a shot. Leslie and Owsley will be close at the half and then defensive adjustments by Leslie will open up the game the sec half. Breathitt vs Letcher-should be a comfortable win for Cougars.
SECOND ROUND--With Letcher's interior def and guard play they are dangerous to everybody, If Leslie doesn't shoot it well from the outside it could be the end of the road, but I'll take the Eagles in a close one. ----KNOTT vs PCC- bad match up for PCC. Higgins maybe the only girl in the region who can guard Proffitt without help. That allows everybody else to play straight up on the rest of PCC players. Knott wins at home, PCC wins at home , at Hazard who knows?
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:That district was pretty weak and I think Leslie wins by 17
I thought lee was 4th in the region behind the usual favorites .But matchups is where one wins in girls ball, sometimes really good team has a bad matchup with a lesser team an loses. Leslie is very weak at the post with excellent guard play! Owsley has college level post play,an i'am assuming that that's were they are playing the big girl at for all this late season success!! So it could be really close or Leslie wins big!
Letcher vs Leslie
Knott vs Perry

Leslie vs knott

Knott champions
Good luck to all involved
Taking Leslie over Owsley is probably the safe bet right now I can agree with that but I will say Owsley is completely different team than what most saw during season. Owsley played Leslie a pretty close game at home earlier in year, Leslie stretched it out to about 13 to end game. Not saying Owsley will be victorious in this one but I will say they will be in it till the end.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:That district was pretty weak and I think Leslie wins by 17

Winning percentage by district in regional games: 53rd-43%, 54th 65%, 55th 43%, 56th 53%.
oldgrouch Wrote:Winning percentage by district in regional games: 53rd-43%, 54th 65%, 55th 43%, 56th 53%.

You know your basketball
I see no one giving Pcc a chance to win it at all or is that wishful thinking on a lot of people's part? They have lost less games than anyone else! They beat Leslie which is the strongest team in the 14th by 21 in the district,no one else faced anyone that strong in there dist games,it's being played in Hazard an still no one gives them a snow balls change in hell to win? 😂
hillbilly cat Wrote:I see no one giving Pcc a chance to win it at all or is that wishful thinking on a lot of people's part? They have lost less games than anyone else! They beat Leslie which is the strongest team in the 14th by 21 in the district,no one else faced anyone that strong in there dist games,it's being played in Hazard an still no one gives them a snow balls change in hell to win? 😂

I think PCC is the team to beat right now. That 21 point win over Leslie told me all I needed to know
easternky Wrote:Lets take wishful thinking out of it. Wolfe and PCC-no contest too much depth and talent at Perry. Knott Vs Estill-could go either way, but KCC has a few more weapons, being at Hazard gives Estill a shot. Leslie and Owsley will be close at the half and then defensive adjustments by Leslie will open up the game the sec half. Breathitt vs Letcher-should be a comfortable win for Cougars.
SECOND ROUND--With Letcher's interior def and guard play they are dangerous to everybody, If Leslie doesn't shoot it well from the outside it could be the end of the road, but I'll take the Eagles in a close one. ----KNOTT vs PCC- bad match up for PCC. Higgins maybe the only girl in the region who can guard Proffitt without help. That allows everybody else to play straight up on the rest of PCC players. Knott wins at home, PCC wins at home , at Hazard who knows?

Higgins guarded Profitt last year at Knott and she had 23 on her. Knott will never do that because Higgins will find herself on the bench in foul trouble, just like Profitt did with Hall at Letcher. No single player will hold that girl under 20.
PCC will win the region because of two factors. They are called Burris and Fields. We all know Proffitt and Hall will score but these other kids will make you great
^ Completely agree with that... And they are playing great ball right now.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Higgins guarded Profitt last year at Knott and she had 23 on her. Knott will never do that because Higgins will find herself on the bench in foul trouble, just like Profitt did with Hall at Letcher. No single player will hold that girl under 20.

You're exactly right. Teams have to gameplan for her. You can't just stick one person on her and shut it down.
I feel like Proffitt will do what's needed during the regional. She can score 40+ if the team needs or she can score 20+ and dish the ball if you try to smother her. I've said it all year she is the best all around player in the region and maybe the state. The win is what's important to her and she will lead PCC to state. Just my opinion
It's an interesting 1st round. I think Breathitt can give Letcher a game. Play similar styles and will be a low scoring contest. Owsley can play with Leslie if they limit their turnovers, this is a good 1st round matchup for the Eagles. Knott will get by Estill but I look for Estill to keep it close they are do a good game. Don't look for Perry to have another great game but I think they will get by the Wolves.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Leslie will beat Owsley 15+.
They won by 14 or 15 when they played. But that game was a single digit lead game until the 4th quarter and Owsley was forced to foul and put Leslie on the line, and they made their free throws to extend the lead. The final score was their biggest lead of the night.
Don't get me wrong, Leslie is a clear favorite in this game but they didn't exactly run off and leave Owsley in that game.
Perry has the best player and they are playing really good right now. I pick Perry to win it but i think Letcher got the best draw and could make some noise
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Perry has the best player and they are playing really good right now. I pick Perry to win it but i think Letcher got the best draw and could make some noise

I think when you say "best player" you have to consider what position they play. Proffitt is mainly a guard and averages 30 ppg. Owsley's Macie Gibson is a forward/center and averages 29 ppg and 16 rebounds. Both have great stats, shooting 80%+ from the foul line and a high percentage overall. Both are players that are key to their teams, albeit Proffitt's team is older and more experienced than the young Owls, who occasionally start three 8th graders. And last but not least, both are considered D-1 talents. I wouldn't put one above the other as far as individual talent or "best in region" distinction.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I think when you say "best player" you have to consider what position they play. Proffitt is mainly a guard and averages 30 ppg. Owsley's Macie Gibson is a forward/center and averages 29 ppg and 16 rebounds. Both have great stats, shooting 80%+ from the foul line and a high percentage overall. Both are players that are key to their teams, albeit Proffitt's team is older and more experienced than the young Owls, who occasionally start three 8th graders. And last but not least, both are considered D-1 talents. I wouldn't put one above the other as far as individual talent or "best in region" distinction.
Sorry for saying best player, Gibson is a great player also these two girls could be as good as any in the state. They play different positions and they are great at what they do I wish the Owls all the luck in the world in the region
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Sorry for saying best player, Gibson is a great player also these two girls could be as good as any in the state. They play different positions and they are great at what they do I wish the Owls all the luck in the world in the region

It would be interesting to see what Proffitt, Gibson, and Lee's Hannah Kash could do if they were on the same team. Maybe include Griffin from Leslie and Pugh. That'd be a heck of a team...:Cheerlead
I have heard Profitt will be working with a D-1/WNBA trainer in the off season. I know this don't pertain to the tournament, but anxious to see her next season after that. Go Dores!!!
Dr.Basketball Wrote:I have heard Profitt will be working with a D-1/WNBA trainer in the off season. I know this don't pertain to the tournament, but anxious to see her next season after that. Go Dores!!!
Is Proffit on one of the Kentucky Premier AAU teams this summer? If not they could sure use a guard with her ability. Gibson played last summer and her team played around Kentucky and in Nashville and Atlanta. It was a great experience for her and really helped her game.