•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball
Yeah and surely Harlan Co. won't hold Sizemore back this year like they did a year ago. Griebel is back in North's batting lineup, supposed to be throwing again maybe this week.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Oddly enough, if you go to maxpreps and look at their predictor for the regional championship, this is the order produced by their algorithm.

1. Corbin
2. Middlesboro
3. South Laurel
4. Clay County
5. Knox Central
6. North Laurel
7. Jackson County
8. Harlan County
9. Whitley County
10. Barbourville
11. Williamsburg
12. Lynn Camp
13. Harlan
14. Pineville
15. OBI
16. Bell County
17. Red Bird

Thoughts?
I would argue (merely discuss) that now after all district play in the 50th is over, you might have to move Williamsburg above Whitley as they split, Williamsburg split w/ South and Whitley gets swept?? South is 3rd and splitting w/ #11 would either justify my discussion or move South down and say this makes them (South) seem overrated? Plus you would also say that Williamsburg is above Barbourville as well as they split, but didn't have Harrison the 1st game and he has clearly made them better since? This should not even be a discussion of course as well Whitley has definitely under achieved again!!!! Why does this happen so often in every sport at Colonelville? I would also just say that Williamsburg hasn't played Jackson County yet and KHSAA schedule only shows them playing once this year over @ Jackson Friday, so can't rule that out moving Williamsburg up? Do I think Williamsburg is top 10 in region, No!!! But look at that these rankings and go from there?
baller1989 Wrote:I would argue (merely discuss) that now after all district play in the 50th is over, you might have to move Williamsburg above Whitley as they split, Williamsburg split w/ South and Whitley gets swept?? South is 3rd and splitting w/ #11 would either justify my discussion or move South down and say this makes them (South) seem overrated? Plus you would also say that Williamsburg is above Barbourville as well as they split, but didn't have Harrison the 1st game and he has clearly made them better since? This should not even be a discussion of course as well Whitley has definitely under achieved again!!!! Why does this happen so often in every sport at Colonelville? I would also just say that Williamsburg hasn't played Jackson County yet and KHSAA schedule only shows them playing once this year over @ Jackson Friday, so can't rule that out moving Williamsburg up? Do I think Williamsburg is top 10 in region, No!!! But look at that these rankings and go from there?

I don't think you can look at how Whitley matched up with SL and how Williamsburg matched up with SL, to determine who would win between Whitley and Williamsburg...if that makes any sense. I mean I know they split, but was it really a split? I mean Williamsburg eeked one out by 1 run. The very next day Whitley County beat them 16-2. That would lead me to believe that Whitley is better.

But again, we are grasping as straws looking quite a bit down the rankings.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I don't think you can look at how Whitley matched up with SL and how Williamsburg matched up with SL, to determine who would win between Whitley and Williamsburg...if that makes any sense. I mean I know they split, but was it really a split? I mean Williamsburg eeked one out by 1 run. The very next day Whitley County beat them 16-2. That would lead me to believe that Whitley is better.

But again, we are grasping as straws looking quite a bit down the rankings.
yeah, but my opinion wasn't solely on the Whitley and South scenario, but yes I agree, it is probably a mute point but good for discussion.. the fact that Williamsburg is 11 and some are that far above based on that was why I brought it up. Anyways, the issue more at hand is what the crap is going on with Whitley to me? I just don't understand? Confused that they haven't competed better than they have. Adams may be holding the cards and will pull them out during tournament time, but why haven't they faired better during some of these games has me worried that coaching is at question?
baller1989 Wrote:yeah, but my opinion wasn't solely on the Whitley and South scenario, but yes I agree, it is probably a mute point but good for discussion.. the fact that Williamsburg is 11 and some are that far above based on that was why I brought it up. Anyways, the issue more at hand is what the crap is going on with Whitley to me? I just don't understand? Confused that they haven't competed better than they have. Adams may be holding the cards and will pull them out during tournament time, but why haven't they faired better during some of these games has me worried that coaching is at question?

Honestly, Adams really doesn't have much of an excuse. He has the best facilities in the region, hands down, that were put in place before he even got there. He has the funding. He has one of the largest schools from which to draw athletes. Not sure what is the problem there. They've never really turned the corner.
Corbin wins tonight at Clay 8-7.
baller1989 Wrote:yeah, but my opinion wasn't solely on the Whitley and South scenario, but yes I agree, it is probably a mute point but good for discussion.. the fact that Williamsburg is 11 and some are that far above based on that was why I brought it up. Anyways, the issue more at hand is what the crap is going on with Whitley to me? I just don't understand? Confused that they haven't competed better than they have. Adams may be holding the cards and will pull them out during tournament time, but why haven't they faired better during some of these games has me worried that coaching is at question?

To be brutally honest, the old guard must die if even an ounce will change.
I'm talking complete change from a out of state super, principal, AD, all new coaches in every sport. A full clean house.
It's ridiculous that a school the size of Whitley, with the best facilities in the region, struggles to routinely beat the small 1A schools in the region in multiple sports.
Ones that have come and gone did a wonderful job at setting Whitley up to be successful. It's hard to beat there campus at a lot of things.
But you had a political hire at AD, nothing more, nothing less. A principal that played at Whitley yes, but who's family turned there back on the program and sent his brother to Corbin. You hired a football coach who has literally lost everywhere he's been. (He may have had a good year but literally every team we played were having there worst seasons in years)
a basketball coach who was nothing more than a girls assistant and benefited from bad competition his first year but has struggled since
A girls bball coach who has has a daughter in the team and has been the radio guy at Whitley for years and had pull to get in there.
We see how the softball teams been doing.
And a baseball coach who barely got a job being an assistant basketball coach when he started and now struggles to get the 3 seed in district every year.
And the list goes on.
It's the reason the last game of any sport I watched at Whitley was 2 years ago and why my kids are enrolled at Corbin.
Sad but true.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be brutally honest, the old guard must die if even an ounce will change.
I'm talking complete change from a out of state super, principal, AD, all new coaches in every sport. A full clean house.
It's ridiculous that a school the size of Whitley, with the best facilities in the region, struggles to routinely beat the small 1A schools in the region in multiple sports.
Ones that have come and gone did a wonderful job at setting Whitley up to be successful. It's hard to beat there campus at a lot of things.
But you had a political hire at AD, nothing more, nothing less. A principal that played at Whitley yes, but who's family turned there back on the program and sent his brother to Corbin. You hired a football coach who has literally lost everywhere he's been. (He may have had a good year but literally every team we played were having there worst seasons in years)
a basketball coach who was nothing more than a girls assistant and benefited from bad competition his first year but has struggled since
A girls bball coach who has has a daughter in the team and has been the radio guy at Whitley for years and had pull to get in there.
And a baseball coach who barely got a job being an assistant basketball coach when he started and now struggles to get the 3 seed in district every year.
And the list goes on.
It's the reason the last game of any sport I watched at Whitley was 2 years ago and why my kids are enrolled at Corbin.
Sad but true.
Pretty much sums it up "Run it up the Gut"!!!! No arguments here.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be brutally honest, the old guard must die if even an ounce will change.
And the list goes on.
Sad but true.

You forgot one thing, Whitley has a poster that has done nothing in life but set behind a key board and thinks he knows anything about sports or how to run a school . A whining pencil neck , no guts loser that doesn't have a clue. Want a be athlete that hasn't got out of little league. What Whitley does have is the pleasure of not having to put up with a parent like this. I have a question is how in the heck does this key board geek get to be a moderator on this site? Of course I have just joined the sports topix so that might be why someone like this loser is in charge of something. I got it you must have been fired by Someone at Whitley. Go talk about the Hounds and their recruiting problems that are coming. They have contacted at least two of our kids, sounds from the other post we are not alone. Moderator my :moon:
TheRock Wrote:You forgot one thing, Whitley has a poster that has done nothing in life but set behind a key board and thinks he knows anything about sports or how to run a school . A whining pencil neck , no guts loser that doesn't have a clue. Want a be athlete that hasn't got out of little league. What Whitley does have is the pleasure of not having to put up with a parent like this. I have a question is how in the heck does this key board geek get to be a moderator on this site? Of course I have just joined the sports topix so that might be why someone like this loser is in charge of something. I got it you must have been fired by Someone at Whitley. Go talk about the Hounds and their recruiting problems that are coming. They have contacted at least two of our kids, sounds from the other post we are not alone. Moderator my :moon:

Sounds like someone struck a nerve. The facts are the facts though. Everyone on the outside can see the good ole boy network, and everyone who isn't in the current clique hates it just as bad as everyone who wasn't in the previous clique hated it. It is the perfect kind of broken. It will never fully self implode, but it will never really work right either. Keep going with the status quo colonels, it's honestly fun to watch in a sadistic way.
Then pack up and leave......we do it with ours unlike some of the gutless that go out and get everyones. Really, just tired of Gutless that supposed to be a mod.
For all the negativity Whitley did pick up a nice win last night over Perry County 7-0. Hopefully they will finish the season strong.
Middlesboro beat Harlan County 2-1 this morning. McCullough vs Sizemore.
I'm a Corbin guy, always have been and always will be. I do root for Whitley County as well as most other tri county schools during playoff time. But we all know the ceiling is mediocrity until they actually allow merit and ability determine who is advanced/hired. Keep bleeding guys, it hurts no one but you.
Then the best advice for you is worry about Corbin, something you may actually know something about.
I will not take that advice. I don't have to be a Whitley county guy to know about Whitley county. You can stay in denial for as long as you want. You don't intimidate me and you never will. You sound like every other person who is in denial a the county. The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have one. I will speak my mind about Whitley county, and I will laugh my tail off while they strive for mediocrity.
I didn't think you would, being from Corbin. Most think they know just about everything. I am not trying to intimidate you, just pointing out the arrogance of some that think they actually know what is going on in other places when they need to worry about their own. Your posting for example, I wasn't talking to you and now you have to share that wealth knowledge you have. The more you share it reminds me of another athlete that is stuck in middle school, or maybe a rec league All American. Whichever it is thanks for trying to help , but if we need it, we will ask . Unless you want to come meet and give us a copy of the plan you two airheads have for us. Either way will work.
TheRock Wrote:You forgot one thing, Whitley has a poster that has done nothing in life but set behind a key board and thinks he knows anything about sports or how to run a school . A whining pencil neck , no guts loser that doesn't have a clue. Want a be athlete that hasn't got out of little league. What Whitley does have is the pleasure of not having to put up with a parent like this. I have a question is how in the heck does this key board geek get to be a moderator on this site? Of course I have just joined the sports topix so that might be why someone like this loser is in charge of something. I got it you must have been fired by Someone at Whitley. Go talk about the Hounds and their recruiting problems that are coming. They have contacted at least two of our kids, sounds from the other post we are not alone. Moderator my :moon:

Very very touchy I see. It happens every time someone challenges the good ole boy system plaguing that school.
Tell me, what did I say that was false? I'd really like to know.

As for the pencil neck statement, I was a 3 time all region player in football, won several awards, not to mention only the second district title in 40 years at the time, and if anybody kept up with records for shit at that school, would still hold several.
Also played basketball for 3 years and baseball.
So before you act like you know me and how I did nothing for that program, remember that I'd put my time as an athlete there against yours any day, assuming you aren't the one who's really the couch sitter.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I will not take that advice. I don't have to be a Whitley county guy to know about Whitley county. You can stay in denial for as long as you want. You don't intimidate me and you never will. You sound like every other person who is in denial a the county. The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have one. I will speak my mind about Whitley county, and I will laugh my tail off while they strive for mediocrity.

Nor should you take that advice. After all it's a high school message board where we talk about sports.
He doesn't have a monopoly on it Confusednicker:
Just curious does this mean Whitley is going to beat Corbin and advance to region. If that's the case I had better change my plans. That would mean Whitley is finally not going to be a one and done team and actually win a quality game, didn't think think they had that in them? I would be willing to wager that Whitley loses by at least 5 runs. And I could elaborate more about Whitley because I have had some of their players contact me to explain how bad it is. They showed a little life this weekend beating paintsville since Adams is desperate and told the team he is going to change how he coaches, but he will blow it when it counts. Then the fans can say maybe next year until Silers boy gets pulled up to high school and he sees what a mess the program is in. He is still young so it may take about 3 more years till he gets him a taste.
Bossdaddy Wrote:Just curious does this mean Whitley is going to beat Corbin and advance to region. If that's the case I had better change my plans. That would mean Whitley is finally not going to be a one and done team and actually win a quality game, didn't think think they had that in them? I would be willing to wager that Whitley loses by at least 5 runs. And I could elaborate more about Whitley because I have had some of their players contact me to explain how bad it is. They showed a little life this weekend beating paintsville since Adams is desperate and told the team he is going to change how he coaches, but he will blow it when it counts. Then the fans can say maybe next year until Silers boy gets pulled up to high school and he sees what a mess the program is in. He is still young so it may take about 3 more years till he gets him a taste.
Also I need to state that it isn't the kids that doesn't have it in them it is the program, most of the kids are good ball players but it's hard for them to win with a program that doesn't know how to succeed. Henson is a good coach and knows how to win, might have been instilled into him from where he went to school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Very very touchy I see. It happens every time someone challenges the good ole boy system plaguing that school.
Tell me, what did I say that was false? I'd really like to know.

As for the pencil neck statement, I was a 3 time all region player in football, won several awards, not to mention only the second district title in 40 years at the time, and if anybody kept up with records for shit at that school, would still hold several.
Also played basketball for 3 years and baseball.
So before you act like you know me and how I did nothing for that program, remember that I'd put my time as an athlete there against yours any day, assuming you aren't the one who's really the couch sitter.

I don't know you yet. I do know by your post you are a wanna be athlete that never lived up to anyone expectations. You want to blame someone else for your short commings. If you were any good you would have been the game changer. Since you were not ,time to blame everyone else. Do yourself a favor and let it go ,you can't live in the past any longer. Your one of those guys that can't so he tells others how to. Worst kind of loser. Change that name to Gutless, I have.
Bossdaddy Wrote:Just curious does this mean Whitley is going to beat Corbin and advance to region. If that's the case I had better change my plans. That would mean Whitley is finally not going to be a one and done team and actually win a quality game, didn't think think they had that in them? I would be willing to wager that Whitley loses by at least 5 runs. And I could elaborate more about Whitley because I have had some of their players contact me to explain how bad it is. They showed a little life this weekend beating paintsville since Adams is desperate and told the team he is going to change how he coaches, but he will blow it when it counts. Then the fans can say maybe next year until Silers boy gets pulled up to high school and he sees what a mess the program is in. He is still young so it may take about 3 more years till he gets him a taste.

Spot on.
TheRock Wrote:I don't know you yet. I do know by your post you are a wanna be athlete that never lived up to anyone expectations. You want to blame someone else for your short commings. If you were any good you would have been the game changer. Since you were not ,time to blame everyone else. Do yourself a favor and let it go ,you can't live in the past any longer. Your one of those guys that can't so he tells others how to. Worst kind of loser. Change that name to Gutless, I have.

I'm still not sure if you're trying to insult me or what you're doing Confusednicker:
I'm 31 with a family. I have no desires to be an athlete of any kind.
You still haven't answered my previous question of what I said was false.
So please, do tell.

You just sound like an oblivious homer with no real connections but are all in for continuing the standard tradition of being mediocre.
As of May 1st Region Rankings:
1. Corbin
2. Middlesboro
3. Knox Central
4. Clay Co.
5. South Laurel
6. North Laurel
7. Harlan Co.
8. Jackson Co.
Based on strength of schedule and total run allowed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm still not sure if you're trying to insult me or what you're doing Confusednicker:
I'm 31 with a family. I have no desires to be an athlete of any kind.
You still haven't answered my previous question of what I said was false.
So please, do tell.

You just sound like an oblivious homer with no real connections but are all in for continuing the standard tradition of being mediocre.

Problem I have with people like you is just like high school instead of being the game changer, you were the guy that blamed others. Same thing now , instead of being a game changer you tuck tail and run, but still complain about others. Losers have that character, a follower that is a cancer to whatever he touches. Glad you are a Hound, fit in perfect with most there. Typical fair weather guy. Let it go and enjoy being at Corbin, you have maybe a year or two and you can complain about them. Gutless
Bossdaddy Wrote:Also I need to state that it isn't the kids that doesn't have it in them it is the program, most of the kids are good ball players but it's hard for them to win with a program that doesn't know how to succeed. Henson is a good coach and knows how to win, might have been instilled into him from where he went to school.

I see we have another little helper. Must be a few that hasn't gotten to play with the toys. I wasn't talking to you. I thought it was clear who I was referring to? I made no blanket statement. How did you get I was predicting the outcome of a game? I have no problem with you and do not wish to discuss who wins what. I thought I made my post very clear.
Let me be clear. I do not want to argue with every Corbin fan on here. That is not my intention. I respect what they are doing. My post stand on its own and who I am directing it towards. So, if you feel you have to jump in, my problem is not with you.
TheRock Wrote:I see we have another little helper. Must be a few that hasn't gotten to play with the toys. I wasn't talking to you. I thought it was clear who I was referring to? I made no blanket statement. How did you get I was predicting the outcome of a game? I have no problem with you and do not wish to discuss who wins what. I thought I made my post very clear.

First off I am not a little helper, remember I am from Corbin so I am a leader. Second off I was just stating what I know, due to conversations with numerious players and a couple parents. So unless you want me to reveal more about that program and how it's really going shut your mouth and don't quote any off my comments or else I will really drop some bombshells bigger than the MOAB President Trump dropped. And trust me I do have some some because I have been around some of those kids since they were 9-10 yrs old and they think the world of me and my opinion. I hate it for them and Henson that the program is in such bad shape. The question that I would like you to answer to yourself is how can a school that size with the facilities they have and a budget that includes a blank check can't get a transfer of there own. I know the answer and so do you.
TheRock Wrote:Let me be clear. I do not want to argue with every Corbin fan on here. That is not my intention. I respect what they are doing. My post stand on its own and who I am directing it towards. So, if you feel you have to jump in, my problem is not with you.

If you don't want Corbin people to respond then don't post ignorant statements about recruiting and talk bad about them. You had beef with one guy on here and dogged Corbin so you started this and deserve what comments come your way.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next