Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 49 Pikeville 46
No one is saying that Coach Williams slapping the table or arguing didn't warrant a T, we're saying that the refs had to have been pretty bad in his eyes to get tossed after not ever getting a T in his coaching career.
can you say homecooking!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep.........home cooking. Just like last year when Raceland came to Pikeville. Oh, and yes, Pikeville WAS fouling a lot.
Anytime you play outside the region you should realize that you are not going to get a lot of breaks from the officials. If you put yourself in a position where the game can be determined by the officials more than likely you will come out on the losing end of the deal. Chalk this one up to experience.
Statmaster Wrote:Yep.........home cooking. Just like last year when Raceland came to Pikeville. Oh, and yes, Pikeville WAS fouling a lot.

That is funny. I have never seen any home cooking in Pikeville over the last twent years. Everybody in the area is anti Pikeville. Sounds like the many Ashland games I have seen over the years.
Congrats Raceland.
Congrats Raceland.
I've personally seen Raceland play, haven't seen or heard much about Pikeville Basketball in quite some time but i know some of the boys on the team, they're a physical bunch that won't give up, so if the game got rough, i wouldn't be surprised to have seen that many T's or see Coach Williams get ijected, the man has one of the most booming voices when he's mad
but on any hand, congrats Raceland, better luck to Pikeville
Eagleball Wrote:It doesn't matter if has been coaching for 60 years without a T. Coaches get mad and frustrated just like anyone else. I agree he was a great player, and I think he is also a good coach. However, if he slaped the table and walked out on the court at all arguing then he deserved it. I have watched several games this year when coaches get by with way too much. I also think that is why players think they can by with some of the things they do in games to warrant a T. On the other hand I also believe it is important for a coach to coach, and getting frustrated at officials is part of it. You have to show players you will stick up for them. Please don't misunderstand my posts as just a Coach Williams bashing though. I think he is a fine person!

I saw him get 2 T's last year against Pike Central alone so I don't know where all this Mr. Nice guy is coming from. He must have lost it on Saturday at Raceland and it cost him. I have heard that he was more mad at his team than the officials.
Eagleball Wrote:Coach Williams can be a smart aleck sometimes on the court and probably deserved it. Also watching Pikeville play several times this year they probably deserved the T's as well. Say what you want about officials, but 10 times out 10 they're probably not cheating. However, that doesn't mean they don't blow calls. They are human. Sometimes I think both fans and coaches forget that. Unless you do it or willing to do it, nothing should probably be said.
I haven't heard anyone ever say Bart was a smart aleck. I know he does get intense sometimes during games but most coaches do. You must be a former teamate of his at JC??? Someone who didn't like Pikeville beating JC??? an ex-girlfriend??? or a ref that has gotten an earfull from him???
You are right about the Pikeville team though. They have some intense players, especially Honaker but if you think he is bad in basketball, you should see him before Williams' cleans up his act after football. Compared to what he is allowed to get away with on the football field the Pikeville basketball coaches do a great job.
bball fan Wrote:I saw him get 2 T's last year against Pike Central alone so I don't know where all this Mr. Nice guy is coming from. He must have lost it on Saturday at Raceland and it cost him. I have heard that he was more mad at his team than the officials.

Bart didnt get 2 T's last season. I am pretty sure he didnt even get 1 called against him when they played Pike Central, but I will watch the tape and tell for certian. I have every game Pikeville has played the last two years on tape so that one will be easy to say.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
bball fan Wrote:I haven't heard anyone ever say Bart was a smart aleck. I know he does get intense sometimes during games but most coaches do. You must be a former teamate of his at JC??? Someone who didn't like Pikeville beating JC??? an ex-girlfriend??? or a ref that has gotten an earfull from him???
You are right about the Pikeville team though. They have some intense players, especially Honaker but if you think he is bad in basketball, you should see him before Williams' cleans up his act after football. Compared to what he is allowed to get away with on the football field the Pikeville basketball coaches do a great job.

Please don't misunderstand my post. There is no better person than Coach Williams. Like many coaches however, he can say some things that he probably shouldn't in a game toward officials.
Eagleball Wrote:Like many coaches however, he can say some things that he probably shouldn't in a game toward officials.
don't we all???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:don't we all???

Of course, thats part of the fun!:Thumbs:
Indeed :Thumbs:
bball fan Wrote:I haven't heard anyone ever say Bart was a smart aleck. I know he does get intense sometimes during games but most coaches do. You must be a former teamate of his at JC??? Someone who didn't like Pikeville beating JC??? an ex-girlfriend??? or a ref that has gotten an earfull from him???

Allowed to get away with? That is so far from the truth that I am questioning your knowledge of athletics. Every time he got out of hand he got sat on the bench. Before you go shooting your mouth off get the facts straight. No disrespect to any of Pikeville's basketball coaches because they are all stand up guys that I respect, but playing football and basketball are 2 different beasts. Football is played with alot more aggression and intensity. Since your name is bball fan why don't you stick to only posting about basketball. Seeing as how this is a basketball thread.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Allowed to get away with? That is so far from the truth that I am questioning your knowledge of athletics. Every time he got out of hand he got sat on the bench. Before you go shooting your mouth off get the facts straight. No disrespect to any of Pikeville's basketball coaches because they are all stand up guys that I respect, but playing football and basketball are 2 different beasts. Football is played with alot more aggression and intensity. Since your name is bball fan why don't you stick to only posting about basketball. Seeing as how this is a basketball thread.

Good post Train. Seems that he is a targeted person by many on the site.
The last two posts are off topic...please stay on topic please.