Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(18)Kentucky @ Alabama 2/17
Kentucky heads to Tuscaloosa, Ala. Alabama is coming off a 9 point loss to Florida and, Kentucky is coming off a loss to Tennessee. If Kentucky dosn't decide to play defense on the interior and be more agressive than we will lose. But should be an intresting game.

Kentucky-73
Alabama--69
Kentucky really needs to step up and come away with the W here. I believe Kentucky should be able to pull it out. Kentucky by 5!
Bama will roll over UK IMO!
Alabama is coming off a tough loss to Florida, and they have a strong front-court along with Ronald Steele leading them at the point. I think our 2-3 guys have the advantage and Morris can play strong against them, but they have the advantage at the 4 and possibly the 1. They have a big line up and a couple of loads down low with Davidson and Hendrix.

Should be a good game. UK is the better team in my opinion and if they play 2 good halves they win this game. Mental let down at any point and they're beat.

Overall, I think UK will win this game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Both teams are inconsistent! That is for sure!
Alabama 72 Kentucky 61
UK's defense v.s. Florida was superb and then they looked like a different team v.s. Tennessee. They really do need to step up their D in the interior and on the transition. If they can do that they will shut down Steele and the inside game for Bama, and if they can keep the offensive chemistry flowing and stay consistent, then UK will walk out of Tuscaloosa(sp) with a W, if not they will be in some trouble unless Bama plays a horrible game.
Kentucky by 7
Kentucky continues it's slide down the slippery slope of the SEC East by being spanked at Bammie by 9 Saturday. Tub's Mildcats have no clue how to play smash mouth ball against the big boys in the SEC. At one time UK was the SEC bully, but Tubby's quickly see to it that's not the case anymore. The name KENTUCKY across the jersey is no longer feared....and some opponents even laugh at it. (see Noah) Thanx alot Tubby.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Kentucky continues it's slide down the slippery slope of the SEC East by being spanked at Bammie by 9 Saturday. Tub's Mildcats have no clue how to play smash mouth ball against the big boys in the SEC. At one time UK was the SEC bully, but Tubby's quickly see to it that's not the case anymore. The name KENTUCKY across the jersey is no longer feared....and some opponents even laugh at it. (see Noah) Thanx alot Tubby.

I dont know why he laugh at it for when they bout got their *** beat by it
NYY10 Wrote:I dont know why he laugh at it for when they bout got their *** beat by it

About got beat?? UK was never in the contest....until admitingly Bradley threw in a couple lucky shots at the end to close it to 3. It was a double digit lead most of the game.

Just wait until Tubby goes to Gainesville. Billy D and those SwampLizards will blow Kentucky out of the gym....and watch Noah laugh again at that word on the from of the jersey. Noah and BillyD own Kentucky these days. Sad that Tubby has let that happen and is clueless on how to stop it.
lol..Noah isnt the only one laughing...I think Vandy will beat UK again in Nashville (making 4 straight losses to the powerhouse Commodores), and they will get beat in Tuscaloosa and will get drummed in Gainesville (making 6 straight to that coach that Tubby "owns" LMAO)..but hey, at least we've beat Tennessee once out of the last 4 (without Lofton)....
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:About got beat?? UK was never in the contest....until admitingly Bradley threw in a couple lucky shots at the end to close it to 3. It was a double digit lead most of the game.
Just wait until Tubby goes to Gainesville. Billy D and those SwampLizards will blow Kentucky out of the gym....and watch Noah laugh again at that word on the from of the jersey. Noah and BillyD own Kentucky these days. Sad that Tubby has let that happen and is clueless on how to stop it.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:\we've beat Tennessee once out of the last 4 (without Lofton)....

Kentucky is 4-2 against Lofton while he plays. I'm not counting the game in which he missed at Rupp earlier this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:The name KENTUCKY across the jersey is no longer feared....

Name one school that is feared in this day and age of college basketball?

I guess the name Kentucky really struck feat all along though right? From 1966 when Texas Western really feared them and beat their *** all the way til' now. Quit building this program up to more than it actually is or ever has been. 3 Titles since 1978 isn't exactly the stuff made of legends. If not for Rupp's titles in the 40's,50's fans wouldn't be so stupid about this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Name one school that is feared in this day and age of college basketball?

UNC, UCLA, Kansas, and now Florida and Ohio State just to name a few. Dook could have been mentioned in this group if not for the lackluster season they're undergoing. Kentucky defiinitely IS NOT in this group.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:UNC, UCLA, Kansas, and now Florida and Ohio State just to name a few. Dook could have been mentioned in this group if not for the lackluster season they're undergoing. Kentucky defiinitely IS NOT in this group.

Smile Smile

Nobody fears UNC. Virginia Tech sure doesn't. The other teams to beat them sure don't.

UCLA hasn't been feared since the 70's.

Oral Roberts must have really had the fear struck in them when they beat Kansas at their home floor earlier this season, along with Depaul.

Florida may be feared by some in this season, but teams know they are a beatable team. They are great, but 2 great seasons doesn't define a programs status as elite or feared.

Ohio State is not feared one bit by anybody.

And Duke isn't and hasn't been feared for some time now.

Nobody is feared in basketball in this day and age.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Nobody is feared in basketball in this day and age.

That comment is so silly it's not worthy of a response. :lmao:
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:That comment is so silly it's not worthy of a response. :lmao:

It's the truth. Mid-majors and smaller schools fear no one anymore. (See George Mason)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Smile

Nobody fears UNC. Virginia Tech sure doesn't. The other teams to beat them sure don't.

UCLA hasn't been feared since the 70's.

Oral Roberts must have really had the fear struck in them when they beat Kansas at their home floor earlier this season, along with Depaul.

Florida may be feared by some in this season, but teams know they are a beatable team. They are great, but 2 great seasons doesn't define a programs status as elite or feared.

Ohio State is not feared one bit by anybody.

And Duke isn't and hasn't been feared for some time now.

Nobody is feared in basketball in this day and age.

I agree!!
The Crimson Tide will walk away with a big win as the Wildcats drop their third in a row!!!Alabama-67
UK-62
Hopefully my wildcats will pull this one out. They really need it, and if they don't play defense like they can, they aren't going to get anywhere.
Kentucky by 7
Alabama just doesn't impress me. Steele has been plagued with injuries throughout the year and they are just way too inconsistent. Kentucky hasn't been playing great lately but I think they will show a solid effort on the road.

UK 67
Bama 59
Don't know if this is an 'omen' or not about the UK/Bammie game, but check out this pic of an elephant steemrolling over a 'blue' vehicle.....:popcorn: ....ah, sorta blue anyway.

[Image: http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/200...ephant.jpg]
Alabama vs Kentucky....The Numbers

SCORING DEFENSE
## Team G Pts Avg/G
--------------------------------------
4.Kentucky............ 25 1648 65.9
6.Alabama............. 25 1690 67.6

SCORING MARGIN
## Team G OFF DEF Margin
----------------------------------------------
4.Kentucky............ 25 73.7 65.9 +7.8
7.Alabama............. 25 74.6 67.6 +7.0

FREE THROW PERCENTAGES
## Team G FTM FTA Pct
---------------------------------------------
2.Alabama............. 25 363 510 .712
6.Kentucky............ 25 343 500 .686

FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGES
## Team G FG FGA Pct
2.Kentucky............ 25 665 1384 .480
6.Alabama............. 25 670 1443 .464

FIELD GOAL PCT DEFENSE
## Team G FG FGA Pct
2.Kentucky............ 25 609 1541 .395
5.Alabama............. 25 635 1545 .411

3-POINT FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGES
## Team G FG FGA Pct
8.Alabama............. 25 161 444 .363
10.Kentucky............ 25 169 474 .357

REBOUNDING OFFENSE
## Team G Reb Avg/G
--------------------------------------
1.Alabama............. 25 975 39.0
6.Kentucky............ 25 937 37.5

ASSISTS
## Team G Assists Avg/G
------------------------------------------
4.Kentucky............ 25 405 16.20
11.Alabama............. 25 338 13.52

ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO
## Team G Asst Avg Turn Avg Ratio
--------------------------------------------------------
4.Kentucky............ 25 405 16.2 368 14.7 1.10
7.Alabama............. 25 338 13.5 331 13.2 1.02

OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS
## Team G No. Avg/G
---------------------------------------
4.Alabama............. 25 333 13.32
10.Arkansas............ 25 266 10.64
Kentucky............ 25 266 10.64

DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS
## Team G No. Avg/G
2.Kentucky............ 25 671 26.84
5.Alabama............. 25 642 25.68

3-POINT FIELD GOALS MADE
## Team G 3FG Avg/G
9.Kentucky............ 25 169 6.76
10.Alabama............. 25 161 6.44
Nice stats GKS. To me they are pretty much even. Bama just seems to lead in more of the catergories, but not by much. I look for it to be a great game today.
I would never cheer against the cats. But the reality is I will not be too upset if we lose the next 5.. A total meltdown would assure a coaching change. I just keep holding on to the possibility Tubby will turn these athletes lose and let them run. Put Meeks, Jasper, Crawford, Bradley and Morris on the court and let them go.. Press, press and fast breaks..I think if we played more uptempo we would be much better off.
Is anyone watching the game right now, UK isnt playin at all. No heart and no passion. They walk around like a lost child. They arent playing defense at all, havent really played great D all year. They give teams 5 feet between them to shoot. Another 10 loss season coming up.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Is anyone watching the game right now, UK isnt playin at all. No heart and no passion. They walk around like a lost child. They arent playing defense at all, havent really played great D all year. They give teams 5 feet between them to shoot. Another 10 loss season coming up.

Another 10 loss season:igiveup: I think Tub needs to get his white flag out
Kentucky cant buy a call...I don't know what Thomas is doing in there. They had a fast break opportunity and he just held it at the other end!