The rest all have losing records

Thank you
Mjolnir Wrote:If I am correct SV has beaten 4 teams with a winning record
Lafayette
Johnson Central
Pikeville-2 times
Pike Central

The rest all have losing records

You left out Belfry, but again, I'm not sure who you're arguing with. I never once disputed SV had played a weak schedule. All I said is they're not the only team to have played some weak competition.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Weak schedule aside valley has beat two of the contenders PC schedule is even weaker with no quality wins no way is PC able to contend with these other 4 teams
Our girls have played phenomenal basketball this season, and they are starting to peak at the right time here before the post-season begins.

The thing that really impresses me the most is that our main contributors are only freshmen & sophomores. Incredibly young, albeit very talented young ladies.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Who do you think is better

D Campbell ER
L Trimble Paintsville
R Rowe SV
D Rice JC
T Rice SC
J Triplett SF
To name a few lol
Bigdad Wrote:If beating a weak ER team makes you a region contender then there is a lot of contenders this year PC is getting better but not there yet

ER is better than their record and well coached, SV only beat them by 5 so I will say that yes that was a good win AT East Ridge. I know that PC has not beat a top 5 team but they have played well against Paintsville, Pikeville, SV in the second half (against their starters), was up on Belfry 19-2 in first quarter before they gave it away, JC game was early in the season so they have improved a lot since then. They can win on a given night, I truly believe that. Is it likely, maybe not, but it is possible. As for their coach, he has taken a very YOUNG team and is on the verge of winning the most games PC has won in quite a while. Sounds like he's done a hell of a job thus far. Huge improvement over the past several seasons. I mean two years ago they lost to Piarist for God's sake. The man can coach. Like some of you said, every team has cake teams on the schedule unless you are a cake team. They have not lost to a BAD team at all. the only losses are to some good teams.
Oh and the biggest girl that plays essential minutes is 5'6"
warthog Wrote:d campbell er
l trimble paintsville
r rowe sv
d rice jc
t rice sc
j triplett sf
to name a few lol

lol
Some of you all need to take Trolling 101 and realize how hard a couple of these guys are messing with you. The fact that you're arguing it makes it pretty funny.
They have improved there's no question but padding your schedule to get wins and by not beating any of those good teams doesn't make you a contender I'm not saying they can't get there but not there yet
If ER is better than their record and Campbell is such a good coach why are they losing some problem up there cause girls are quitting and leaving I think 3or4 in last couple years they have one of the best big girls in region
And just to be clear there are only 4 teams with a realistic chance of winning the 15th and they go in this order

Paintsville
Shelby Valley
Johnson Central
Pikeville
Pike Central has a nice young team. They do have experience tho. Mullins has started for 3-4 years, Keathley has 2-3 years of HS experience, Stanley came from Belfry and played some big minutes the last two seasons. With a good draw who knows what could happen. They must avoid Johnson Central tho, not a good matchup for them
Pike Central has 19 wins. Only 1 of those 19 wins came against a team with a winning record - Sheldon Clark
You are correct and they will have to play one of these four teams at some point and more than likely it will be sooner than later
new o Wrote:Pike Central has a nice young team. They do have experience tho. Mullins has started for 3-4 years, Keathley has 2-3 years of HS experience, Stanley came from Belfry and played some big minutes the last two seasons. With a good draw who knows what could happen. They must avoid Johnson Central tho, not a good matchup for them

Good point new O. Experience with momentum and anything can happen.
Motley Wrote:And just to be clear there are only 4 teams with a realistic chance of winning the 15th and they go in this order

Paintsville
Shelby Valley
Johnson Central
Pikeville

Everyone forgetting about pike central and south Floyd Good luck to all
Good guard play that Handles PC's pressure will beat them. The team is built around this as it has No size to play with the elite teams.
kids03 Wrote:Good guard play that Handles PC's pressure will beat them. The team is built around this as it has No size to play with the elite teams.

Maybe you are right about the good guard play will hurt them but teams like valley have no size to play with teams that have decent post players