Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Hoskins has been named Knox Central's Head coach.
Football1 Wrote:I disagree that he lacked interest. Coach Russell is a dedicated family man with young daughters the he is committed to. There are only so many hours in the day and during football season a coach is spread thin enough coaching practice, games, and film study of yours and opponents. To expect a coach to leave his family on Saturdays to go watch 6th graders is unreasonable. As for JV - he has capable assistants that implemented his offense and defense at that level and he was there enough to show commitment.

This is just my perspective of course but I simply feel this, in particular, is an unfair criticism.

Yup, I will 100 % disagree with you on this statement Football1, you must not been around the program much the last two years. This has nothing to do with his daughters, just example. Your Freshman Team is playing a game at Home, and the Head Coach goes and works out with his wife instead of supporting his Players. Sorry that is a Coach that has lost interest.:please:
Let's call a spade a spade. The quarterback's father got upset with Russell. Jeff and Canada then started a campaign to get rid of Russell. All the other stuff is a smoke screen. It has nothing to do with Russell not attending elementary or middle school games.
rojas Wrote:Let's call a spade a spade. The quarterback's father got upset with Russell. Jeff and Canada then started a campaign to get rid of Russell. All the other stuff is a smoke screen. It has nothing to do with Russell not attending elementary or middle school games.

:dontthink
Is there anybody left at Bell who knows football?
rojas Wrote:Let's call a spade a spade. The quarterback's father got upset with Russell. Jeff and Canada then started a campaign to get rid of Russell. All the other stuff is a smoke screen. It has nothing to do with Russell not attending elementary or middle school games.

A lot of people turned on Russell, including some of those close to him.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:A lot of people turned on Russell, including some of those close to him.

Russell didnt do himself any favors either.
plantmanky Wrote:Russell didnt do himself any favors either.

Such as?
Blue&Gold Blooded Wrote:Great Hire K.N.O.X. I thunk Coach Hoskins will bring alot of sucess to the program. He is a very good coach and I think he maybe the missing link, that gets KNOX over the hump and to Bowling Green. Good Luck Coach.TongueirateSho

wishful thinking.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Great hire, now needs to hire an OC and things will get back on track.

and an A.D Confusednicker:
4Life Wrote:To force out a winning coach to hire one of his assistants just seems a little suspect. One of those behind the the closed door when no one is looking deals.

it does seem like somebody has a little brown on their nose, doesn't it?
Not sure what it is your trying to say, but with any job opening comes interviews and Coach Hoskins impressed the hiring committee and got the job. The job was open!!! Not any person can blame someone for applying for a job. Good luck to Coach Hoskins, it was a solid hire and he will do well.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Not sure what it is your trying to say, but with any job opening comes interviews and Coach Hoskins impressed the hiring committee and got the job. The job was open!!! Not any person can blame someone for applying for a job. Good luck to Coach Hoskins, it was a solid hire and he will do well.

likely impressed them before it was open Smile
Hoskins was a good defensive fella at Bell. He should do good. KC is always in good hands with former Bobcat assistants. And limbs of Dudley's coaching tree.
Definitely missed at Bell. He will do some good things at Knox if he has a good support staff.
Who on his staff
Hoskins got His wish . back stabbed scotty former Mr. Kentucky .
Wrangler Wrote:Hoskins got His wish . back stabbed scotty former Mr. Kentucky .

Tell us how?

I will wait.
Who on the staff
hchs fan Wrote:Who on the staff

Hoskins . Scotty Russell great coach they ever had . His mistake was scheduling Hard . He got the Knife in the Back.
Tell us how you really feel Scotty?
I don't know much about the situation other than that odds are Hoskins' future replacement will odds are be a Bell County assistant!
Knox Central should be set in the backfield, though it may be a little crowded back there and not enough carries to go around from what I'm hearing from some of the KC faithful. What does their line look like this year, seemed to be an area of concern last season.
KC has come a long way from being a basketball school that didn't know a football was oblong. Mills and Russell have changed the culture there.
E's Army Wrote:KC has come a long way from being a basketball school that didn't know a football was oblong. Mills and Russell have changed the culture there.
And yet neither are here any longer. Mills by choice. We can't keep hoping we keep getting good coaches. Look, for however many years we've had football we didn't have 2 as good as the last 2. Hope Hoskins does well. But i'm of the opinion Coach Russell should have been left alone to coach.
who on staff this year under coach Hoskins