Poll: 15th POY for 06' 07'(stats coming from Khsaa)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
0%
Van Fergason-Paintsville
0%
Jamie Case-Belfry
0%
Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
0%
Robert Gannon-Phelps
0%
Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
0%
Other:
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region POY: Who will it be(Remember Seniors only)..
Here are the Choices, or at least the 6 I think are in contention for it:

Here are the Choices:
Van Fergason-Paintsville
Jamie Case-Belfry
Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
Robert Gannon-Phelps
OtherSadif other tell who and why)

It's getting late in the season so I figured this would make for a good board, all opinions welcome
Moe Wrote:Here are the Choices, or at least the 6 I think are in contention for it:

Here are the Choices:
Van Fergason-Paintsville
Jamie Case-Belfry
Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
Robert Gannon-Phelps
Other: (if other tell who and why)

It's getting late in the season so I figured this would make for a good board, all opinions welcome
I don't know how I got the sad face on my post lol but anyway here some stats on each mostly from the KHSAA website.

1. Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
(8th in the state in ppg,24.9..one of the leading 3pt shooter in the state)

2.Van Fergason-Paintsville
(3rd on team for 3pt%, and 2nd on the team in FT%,averaging around 15ppg)

3.Jamie Case-Belfry
(5th in the state in ppg,25.1..and 24th in state in FT% 79.4%)

4. Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
(11th in 3pt FG per game,3.0..averaging over 20ppg)

5. Robert Gannon-Phelps
(Phelps leading scorer past two seasons at arond 19ppg)

6.Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
(23rd in 3pt FG per game,2.6...averaging around 17ppg)
Moe Wrote:Here are the Choices, or at least the 6 I think are in contention for it:

Here are the Choices:
Van Fergason-Paintsville
Jamie Case-Belfry
Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
Robert Gannon-Phelps
OtherSadif other tell who and why)

1. Case
2. Ferguson
3. E. Johnson
i have to go with josh martin of allen central
for what he has done for his team this year, he might not have the most points but he has deff been the catalyst in turning that program around.
Jamie Case from Belfry would get my vote for PoY.
Ferguson is a great player, but I think him not playing much in the 15th region will hurt his chances.
Jermey Jackson from Shelby Valley..
You must add Devin Rice/Magoffin Co.to the ballott- He is more than deserving
I think McCarty, Ferguson, and Case in that order as far as being the most talented players. (Seniors only of course)

*Now I don't think McCarty should win the award because I think if you are the best player in the region then you should help get your team better than a 7-15 record. Espically better than a 5-8 region record. If your the stud of the region then you could carry your team to some wins. He has not done so.
*Ferguson is a special type of player. He is your typical Paintsville basketball player. He does everything well and has few weaknesses. He plays extremley hard (as do all Paintsville players) and has been a great addition to the Tigers. On the other hand he has plenty of talent around him that takes enormus pressure off of him. He never draws the other teams best defenders and never has to pack the load alone. He is not the go to guy on his team and there for would not get my vote.
*Case means more to his team than any player mentioned IMO. He has Belfry sitting with a 15-7 record and a 7-3 regional record. He is capable of taking over a game at any time in the 15th and if is hot makes the Pirates a threat to beat anyone in the region. He gets the nod from me as POY.

So even tho I don't think Case is the most talented senior in the region I don't think any other senior means more to his team than Case and he is deserving as the 15 regions Player of the Year.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I think McCarty, Ferguson, and Case in that order as far as being the most talented players. (Seniors only of course)

*Now I don't think McCarty should win the award because I think if you are the best player in the region then you should help get your team better than a 7-15 record. Espically better than a 5-8 region record. If your the stud of the region then you could carry your team to some wins. He has not done so.
*Ferguson is a special type of player. He is your typical Paintsville basketball player. He does everything well and has few weaknesses. He plays extremley hard (as do all Paintsville players) and has been a great addition to the Tigers. On the other hand he has plenty of talent around him that takes enormus pressure off of him. He never draws the other teams best defenders and never has to pack the load alone. He is not the go to guy on his team and there for would not get my vote.
*Case means more to his team than any player mentioned IMO. He has Belfry sitting with a 15-7 record and a 7-3 regional record. He is capable of taking over a game at any time in the 15th and if is hot makes the Pirates a threat to beat anyone in the region. He gets the nod from me as POY.

So even tho I don't think Case is the most talented senior in the region I don't think any other senior means more to his team than Case and he is deserving as the 15 regions Player of the Year.

I am so glad that you went ahead and typed all this, so I wouldn't have to....I agree with your thinking.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I think McCarty, Ferguson, and Case in that order as far as being the most talented players. (Seniors only of course)

So so true. BUT, think back to the 2002-03 season when Micheal Hall won it. South Floyd wasn't very good but Hall still put up 25 points a game and won the POY award. I didn't think he was deserving as I don't McCarty, but he will more than likely win it just because of how many points he has scored this year.
I believe the award should go to Devin Rice of Magoffin. By far the best post player in the 15th and the most consistent. He comes and plays his heart out and really helps his team out. He led Magoffin to a 12-12 record so far. You can't give Ferguson the award because he is like the 3rd best player on his team. McCarty's team just haven't had the season of a team with the POY so I don't think he deserves it. The Case guy from Belfry may have a good shot at it because his team has a great record and he has great stats. I think it should be between Devin Rice and Case IMO!
Redneck Wrote:So so true. BUT, think back to the 2002-03 season when Micheal Hall won it. South Floyd wasn't very good but Hall still put up 25 points a game and won the POY award. I didn't think he was deserving as I don't McCarty, but he will more than likely win it just because of how many points he has scored this year.
But Case is averaging about the same and has his team playing better to boot.
Belfry is 16-7...Case is averaging 25....he is also their best defender..POY without a doubt IMO..
The Guru Wrote:But Case is averaging about the same and has his team playing better to boot.

That's what I was talkin about when I said "so so true".
For Ferguson to even be mentioned should be considered huge.....If he played for someone like Pburg, he would average 25 a game help then win 6-7 more games at least, and be a heavy favorite then....JMO
My vote would go to Case. His team can't function without him, he gets all of the opposing team's defensive attention, he still puts up great numbers while trying to get his teammates involved.

That's POY credentials if you ask me. However, his suspension will probably effect the number of votes he gets, IMO.
can we get a little devin rice on this thread?
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:can we get a little devin rice on this thread?

:rockon:
BoondockSaint Wrote:My vote would go to Case. His team can't function without him, he gets all of the opposing team's defensive attention, he still puts up great numbers while trying to get his teammates involved.

That's POY credentials if you ask me. However, his suspension will probably effect the number of votes he gets, IMO.
My question is should it hurt his chances? I have mixed feelings honestly, Jamie was smarter than that and should be a better leader. But IMO he still should be player of the year, he only missed three games and as one guy told me that sees teams play in the 15th literaly every day (from Johnson Conty) that Jamie Case is the best in the region.
1.Case
2.McCarty
3.EJ
Devin Rice gets my vote.
I would like to see Van Fergason get it but i think McCarty will end up being the 15th region POY.
I am seeing Case from Belfry!
Case because he is not only a scorer, he also leads the team in assists and deflections... he has made himself a all-around player this year and worked really hard this year. Disregarding the suspension he is the best player in the region!
I don't think Van should be considered for this. He's a great player and I'm not taking away from his talent. However, this is his first year playing in the 15th. We've been watching the rest of these players since middle school and before.
I don't see how Van can get it when he is not even the best on his team.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:I don't see how Van can get it when he is not even the best on his team.
It only goes to a SR. he is one of the top SRs in the region. He has to be in consideration.
57thScarlett Wrote:I don't think Van should be considered for this. He's a great player and I'm not taking away from his talent. However, this is his first year playing in the 15th. We've been watching the rest of these players since middle school and before.

That has nothin to do with this award. This award is judged on this year and this year alone, not the past.
Moe Wrote:It only goes to a SR. he is one of the top SRs in the region. He has to be in consideration.

sorry just don't agree with that.