Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Baseball
Baseball season is almost finally here. I just would like to get everyone's thoughts on who the middle school team to beat will be this year in the 15th region and who's on the list of stand-out players.
Jordan Stewart-Paintsville /Paintsville has a great team this year
Josh Moore-Paintsville
Ethan Daniels-Paintsville
Brooks Pelphrey-Paintsville
Cody Parker-Johnson Central
Thanks Mr. 3000 for getting this started. I agree with your thoughts. All those boys had a great year last year in summer baseball. Paintsville is fortunate, having so much young talent. I look forward to following them through Senior year. Paintsville baseball has a bright future.

I look forward to hearing what others think as well.
I wish Belfry Middle had a middle school team. My son doesn't play baseball anymore, but it would be great for those that do.
How do you think that would affect your community league? Doesn't Belfry area have their own league for baseball and why can't these kids be encouraged to play in that league?
Yes, Belfry has its Little League for baseball and it is a very strong competitive league that is ran by a good bunch of people. Paintsville does as well. I guess I was just assuming that they could do both but maybe that would create problems.
Speaking from my own son's experience...we do have both; and the community (summer) program just enhances the play on the middle school team. I think if anything having both will make the school based programs stronger; instead of causing problems.

I think more schools who do not have a middle school program should consider the idea. If you keep the children interested and involved past Little League you'll be more likely to field a larger, stronger, more talented team in High School.
pvilletigerfan Wrote:Speaking from my own son's experience...we do have both; and the community (summer) program just enhances the play on the middle school team. I think if anything having both will make the school based programs stronger; instead of causing problems.

I think more schools who do not have a middle school program should consider the idea. If you keep the children interested and involved past Little League you'll be more likely to field a larger, stronger, more talented team in High School.

You are so right. That seems to be the problem with so many of the high school programs. Kids have gotten away from the little league and then when high school begins the baseball excitement is rekindled and they have to spend another year buidling back those fundamentals. The area needs to pursue more interst in these programs, even if the numbers are small the benefits will reap large rewards.
Does anyone know how many teams (and who they are) are in the middle school conferance this year?
Not sure how many teams there are...I know we are playing JCHS, Hazard and Boyd County thus far.
Mr.3000 Wrote:Jordan Stewart-Paintsville /Paintsville has a great team this year
Josh Moore-Paintsville
I agree these are all good players
letcher county is also starting up baseball in the middle schools.
BIG FAN #1 Wrote:I agree these are all good players

Both Paintsville and JC have bright furtures in Baseball. A lot of good young talent.
so .. what all counties already have middle school baseball teams?
Mr.3000 Wrote:Jordan Stewart-Paintsville /Paintsville has a great team this year
Josh Moore-Paintsville

Paintsville also has:
Zach Jackson
Timmy Sublett
Shey Spencer
Dustin VanHoose
And a lot of fresh new faces on the diamond this year.
Johnson County Middle School should have a great season this year. I believe the stand outs on that team will be
Cody Parker
JJ Jude
Will Meek
Ross Sanor
Zak Salyers
John Scarberry

These kids can play and I think they will battle Paintsville and Powell for the league championship
Will be a great season.
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville also has:
Zach Jackson
Timmy Sublett
Shey Spencer
Dustin VanHoose
And a lot of fresh new faces on the diamond this year.
What happened to the Scarberry kid that caught last year? I figured he would be on the list.
Golden Eagle Wrote:What happened to the Scarberry kid that caught last year? I figured he would be on the list.

He's at JCMS. You know this. It was mentioned in the post above mine.
OffTheHook Wrote:He's at JCMS. You know this. It was mentioned in the post above mine.
No I didn't. I saw that there is a Scarberry playing for JCMS but I didn't know it was the same one that was played at Paintsville last year. There is more than one Scarberry in this county you know.
Golden Eagle Wrote:No I didn't. I saw that there is a Scarberry playing for JCMS but I didn't know it was the same one that was played at Paintsville last year. There is more than one Scarberry in this county you know.

I only know of one that age that plays baseball though.
. Josh M
. Ethan D
. Jordan S
All I have to say is Paintsville is pack with awsome players.
dorton and virgie is making a team together
The New Shelby Valley Middle School Baseball Team should be great!!! Good Luck Wildcats!!!
Its good that a lot of the middle schools are getting on board and having teams. It should make the high school teams stronger in the long run.
Has any of the area teams had scrimmages? If so, who and what was the results?