•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 players in the 14th as of now
sportsfreak I admire your support of Powell, and I am a big supporter of powell as well, but maybe you shouldnt try so hard, because you are starting sound desperate. Everyone knows Romans is good, they just don't want to admit it, and they only keep you going to make you look bad, so for you own sake I would just make my point and be done with it. I am not being mean I am trying to help you. And that is for not only this thread but all of them. I have already made my point to darkside what I think of him, so I think you guys should just stop arguing on every thread!!!
my list would go
1.Justin Hicks(without a doubt best player in 14th...can shoot and makes his team better)
2.Ryan Romans(from what i hear no one can stop him when he gets the ball inside the paint)
3.Clark Stepp(dont like the way he plays but when he shows up to play...hes a good ballplayer)
4.Tate Cox(very good freshman...may be the furture of the 14th)
5.Tyler Bailey(this kid can play and he proved that against a very good defensive powell co team)
BballRox1135 Wrote:sportsfreak I admire your support of Powell, and I am a big supporter of powell as well, but maybe you shouldnt try so hard, because you are starting sound desperate. Everyone knows Romans is good, they just don't want to admit it, and they only keep you going to make you look bad, so for you own sake I would just make my point and be done with it. I am not being mean I am trying to help you. And that is for not only this thread but all of them. I have already made my point to darkside what I think of him, so I think you guys should just stop arguing on every thread!!!
Just another post by someone that cant get over that Romans isnt that good.
im not much of a supporter for powell co but IMO romans is a top 5 player..no not the best maybe not even top 2 but he has to get the #3 spot.....not every player on the court comes out and has a great game every night....and from what i have heard he didnt while playing kcc....but any player averagin 19 points and around 14 boards has to be ranked in the top 5 of the 14th region JMO
the top 5 players in the region to me are
1. hicks
2.stepp
3.bailey
4.hurt
5.kelly (pcc)
the only reason cox isnt in there is because he is getting no chance to show what he can do i mean as good of a player as he is he still isnt putting the stats up.... and before anyone gets defensive im his biggest fan and its not his fault but its the truth.
in another situation he may be the best or second best in the region but not his current one. i feel these 5 guys do more for their teams than anyone. Jarrod Amburgey is knocking on the door at number 5 also. Romans could be thrown in their as well.
sportsfreak22 Wrote:because any one with disrespectful fans like yalls to come down on the court to try to fight a player...yeah then the pressure reached him
Now Sportsfreak, coming from Powell how can you even mention disrespectful fans. You have the only fans that bring disrespectful signs with them. I make no excuses for the FEW fans that treated Ryan disrespectful. But pulling your shorts down and mooning children and families in an attempt to gesture to a few fans is preety unacceptable also and it was Ryan who gestured for the fans to come on down. I stil believe that both the fans and Ryan could have done better. Lee now has a fan code of conduct because of the incident. What punishment did Ryan recieve? Your own principal stated to me that he has thrown out more of his own fans than the visiting teams fans. I think every team has a few people who are not well behaved no one more than the other.
just a little note i would like to point out
-Ryan Romans, 6'3" 230lbs., senior has had double-doubles (pts. and reb.) in 18 of 22 games for the year
No way you can put this kid out of the top 5 in the 14th region No way
Card_Fan Wrote:Anyone can shoot a layup. I'm sure anyone that plays basketball can score 20 points on layups. That doesn't necessarily mean he is one of the best players in the region. He is good but nowhere near as good as Hicks and Stepp.
Yes he gets alot of layups because of his ability and his offensive rebounding and he runs the floor as good as any player in the region. There is no big man in the region that can out hustle him. As fas as his outside shooting he has great touch. He is around 85% at the free throw line. He is a stud and a top three player in the region.
ttt
jbs#1fan Wrote:Clark Stepp is the best player in the state .. there would be no jbs without him .. jbs will win the 14th region and stomp on hazard .. and justin hicks who is not the best player in the region .. i would take ryan romans over him any day .. but romans is still second to stepp
Hicks is a great player. I believe he stole the ball from Stepp last year , when Stepp [who there would not be a JBS without him ] dribbled around in his face instead of passing the ball. This was in the second overtime , and JBS was 1 point behind and had 21 seconds to score. Stepp is a good player, but to get the glory, he will shoot the ball instead of passing. This time he got stripped. . I just know he wasn't the one who kept them in the overtimes , but he is the one who lost the ball and also the game.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Now Sportsfreak, coming from Powell how can you even mention disrespectful fans. You have the only fans that bring disrespectful signs with them. I make no excuses for the FEW fans that treated Ryan disrespectful. But pulling your shorts down and mooning children and families in an attempt to gesture to a few fans is preety unacceptable also and it was Ryan who gestured for the fans to come on down. I stil believe that both the fans and Ryan could have done better. Lee now has a fan code of conduct because of the incident. What punishment did Ryan recieve? Your own principal stated to me that he has thrown out more of his own fans than the visiting teams fans. I think every team has a few people who are not well behaved no one more than the other.

Ok so I have read enough of this. Before you start pulling all of this disrespectful Powell fans out of your dairyaire, just let me point out to you that those disrespectful fans with those signs are also the same fans the principal has had to jump on to on numerous occasions and it just so happens that they are all from the same family and they all sit together, and no one, including the rest of Powell County (or anywhere else for that matter) likes them or approves of their immaturity, and they all believe that this family is what gives Powell county a bad name and judging by the above post this is the case. But the majority of Powell county's fans are very mature at ball games and still roll their eyes at these disrespectful fans who give them a bad name, so make sure you are more specific when you say Powell county fans because most of them dont scream profanity's at any given time, or bring those horrid sign, or act like they rule the entire gym like that family does. Trust me I would know, the fans and that family are two very seperate groups in the county as well as at the games, so please dont talk bad about the fans, it isnt all of us, ok??? Actually just a few as well, and every team or school has these types of fans!!!
** And just so you know, Ryan did get in trouble, you obviously aren't in Powell much, so you wouldnt know what kind of trouble he got in!!!
thedarkside Wrote:the top 5 players in the region to me are
1. hicks
2.stepp
3.bailey
4.hurt
5.kelly (pcc)
the only reason cox isnt in there is because he is getting no chance to show what he can do i mean as good of a player as he is he still isnt putting the stats up.... and before anyone gets defensive im his biggest fan and its not his fault but its the truth.
in another situation he may be the best or second best in the region but not his current one. i feel these 5 guys do more for their teams than anyone. Jarrod Amburgey is knocking on the door at number 5 also. Romans could be thrown in their as well.
Hard to put up Stats without a ball.
romans wouldnt be 6'3 if he growed 2 inches tonight
i know its hard to put up stats without the ball , thats what im saying his current situation holds him back.
3 points Wrote:Hicks is a great player. I believe he stole the ball from Stepp last year , when Stepp [who there would not be a JBS without him ] dribbled around in his face instead of passing the ball. This was in the second overtime , and JBS was 1 point behind and had 21 seconds to score. Stepp is a good player, but to get the glory, he will shoot the ball instead of passing. This time he got stripped. . I just know he wasn't the one who kept them in the overtimes , but he is the one who lost the ball and also the game.
Very True.
BballRox1135 Wrote:Ok so I have read enough of this. Before you start pulling all of this disrespectful Powell fans out of your dairyaire, just let me point out to you that those disrespectful fans with those signs are also the same fans the principal has had to jump on to on numerous occasions and it just so happens that they are all from the same family and they all sit together, and no one, including the rest of Powell County (or anywhere else for that matter) likes them or approves of their immaturity, and they all believe that this family is what gives Powell county a bad name and judging by the above post this is the case. But the majority of Powell county's fans are very mature at ball games and still roll their eyes at these disrespectful fans who give them a bad name, so make sure you are more specific when you say Powell county fans because most of them dont scream profanity's at any given time, or bring those horrid sign, or act like they rule the entire gym like that family does. Trust me I would know, the fans and that family are two very seperate groups in the county as well as at the games, so please dont talk bad about the fans, it isnt all of us, ok??? Actually just a few as well, and every team or school has these types of fans!!!
** And just so you know, Ryan did get in trouble, you obviously aren't in Powell much, so you wouldnt know what kind of trouble he got in!!!
You wont get no respect with people like Sportsfreak saying Powell is the best team in the 14th and Romans the best player in the mountains. Both of those have no chance of happening.
BballRox1135 Wrote:Ok so I have read enough of this. Before you start pulling all of this disrespectful Powell fans out of your dairyaire, just let me point out to you that those disrespectful fans with those signs are also the same fans the principal has had to jump on to on numerous occasions and it just so happens that they are all from the same family and they all sit together, and no one, including the rest of Powell County (or anywhere else for that matter) likes them or approves of their immaturity, and they all believe that this family is what gives Powell county a bad name and judging by the above post this is the case. But the majority of Powell county's fans are very mature at ball games and still roll their eyes at these disrespectful fans who give them a bad name, so make sure you are more specific when you say Powell county fans because most of them dont scream profanity's at any given time, or bring those horrid sign, or act like they rule the entire gym like that family does. Trust me I would know, the fans and that family are two very seperate groups in the county as well as at the games, so please dont talk bad about the fans, it isnt all of us, ok??? Actually just a few as well, and every team or school has these types of fans!!!
If you will look close at my post I was responding to a post talking about our fans and second I stated it is a few at every school that usually is the problem and I was stating that Powell is no better or worse thna anywhere else including my home fans. Just a few can cause problems for everyone. As far as Ryan is concerned I was present at the incident and I for one didn't want any actions against Ryan. I thought Coach Kiveky would talk to him and that should do it I only wanted him to not get rattled and continue to play at his usual allstar level. It is his future that can benefit from his mental strength and I only wish him the best. If he can channel his emotions he will be a good college player. That is the success that benefits everyone another successful kid makes it through college. So I wasn't trying to start anything and you should look back and see I was only responding.
JBS Fan Wrote:Clint will take his place when he is gone.
And who is gonna be the fool that passes the ball to him? :dontthink Looks like you are the King of the hill. :kneel: :dontthink
3 points Wrote:And who is gonna be the fool that passes the ball to him? :dontthink Looks like you are the King of the hill. :kneel: :dontthink
The King is here. They will pass him the ball.
3 points Wrote:Hicks is a great player. I believe he stole the ball from Stepp last year , when Stepp [who there would not be a JBS without him ] dribbled around in his face instead of passing the ball. This was in the second overtime , and JBS was 1 point behind and had 21 seconds to score. Stepp is a good player, but to get the glory, he will shoot the ball instead of passing. This time he got stripped. . I just know he wasn't the one who kept them in the overtimes , but he is the one who lost the ball and also the game.
How many games has he won for JBS? Most of them. With out him they wouldn't win to many games. He is one of the best players in the state and people need to start understanding that.
Arbys Man Wrote:You beat Hazard, so what. 1 game they beat Hazard is that all your gonna give us. If your going to try to prove something please come with more than just 1 win.
It only takes one game to sind you home in the regional tourny. Hazard get ready to be sent home.
JBS Fan Wrote:How many games has he won for JBS? Most of them. With out him they wouldn't win to many games. He is one of the best players in the state and people need to start understanding that.

What state is that? The state of Pippa Passes, maybe.:letsparty
JBS Fan Wrote:How many games has he won for JBS? Most of them. With out him they wouldn't win to many games. He is one of the best players in the state and people need to start understanding that.
You are insane.
They would have won just as many playing team ball, maybe more. They might have beat PCC. You understand THIS,,,,,,,,,You are an idiot. PCC coach already had you figured out. You have never won anything showcasing one player. All your points got you Nowhere.
1. Hicks
2. Stepp
3. Romans
4. Gay
5. Hubbard
JBS Fan Wrote:The King is here. They will pass him the ball.
And as always............HE MISSES
JBS Fan Wrote:Clint will take his place when he is gone.
Clint isn't toilet trained yet.
howcome no one is mentioning berryman...already over 450 points on the season...avg close to 20 points a game and shooting over 40% on 3's...has to be one of the top players in the region...closing in on 3rd place in points behind Kiser...
berryman is one great shooter...but have u noticed that people on here are only mentioning players from the top schools right..and berryman is not a top 5 player IMO
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next