Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co. Cal Ripken Baseball
IISnakE Wrote:No League is a joke, if it enriches the children. There may be some real "jokers" within those leagues... but there are "jokers" in everything.

Baseball may not be for everyone, but until the children get up into middle school & high school, it should be. It's a great sport!

Parents should expose their children to everything (all sports etc.), so the kids may decide upon what they love best. PLL and CRL will help to do this.

I hope everyone finds their niche because there is nothing better than going out and watching your kids... no matter what it is they choose to do!

I couldn't have said it better myself, look at last year there were about 300 or so kids that played in one league or another that would not have played in 2005. Instead of just having kids from the LL play in State tournament there were another 4 or 5 teams from CRL (about 75 kids) experience playing in the State tournament. Plus having all of the kids just get out and play baseball and have fun. I think this is a experience for our kids
jus wondering...could we possibly get a little insight into the reasoning of the need for some folks on here to make the "joke" comments about the JCYBS league? or are they jus the usual non-substantiated remarks we all have come to know on these types of message baords? just a point i have been pondering....................

p.s. i understand some of the points guru was making concerning the older division.
The ones saying that its a joke are just mad because the Paintsville Little League is having trouble with money, because they don't have as many people playing (or selling candy bars) lol. This is not the way to get people to sign up for your little league. Grow up and try getting kids involved in a positive manner. It will get you alot farther, and teach your children a better lesson.
cac82 Wrote:The ones saying that its a joke are just mad because the Paintsville Little League is having trouble with money, because they don't have as many people playing (or selling candy bars) lol. This is not the way to get people to sign up for your little league. Grow up and try getting kids involved in a positive manner. It will get you alot farther, and teach your children a better lesson.

People like you are a joke cause you have no clue what you are talking about. Don't sale candy bars and haven't sold them in 2 years. LOL!
OffTheHook Wrote:People like you are a joke cause you have no clue what you are talking about. Don't sale candy bars and haven't sold them in 2 years. LOL!

Yeah, since the formation of the Cal Ripkin League! Why are you so negative about everything. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Be Positive about children instead of trying to tear everything down other people work hard for. [/COLOR]:BigLaugh:
cac82 Wrote:Yeah, since the formation of the Cal Ripkin League! Why are you so negative about everything. Be Positive about children instead of trying to tear everything down other people work hard for. :BigLaugh:

See here ya go again NOT knowing what you are speaking of or who you are speaking to. Show me on here where I have posted anything negative about ANY child. :redboxer: All I said was that candy bars weren't being sold. You better get your facts straight before you open that pie hole. Because you can ask any kid in that league and they will tell you that all I have ever done is support them and told them to play ball. You have NO CLUE! :devilflam
OffTheHook Wrote:People like you are a joke cause you have no clue what you are talking about. Don't sale candy bars and haven't sold them in 2 years. LOL!

Smile Smile
OffTheHook Wrote:See here ya go again NOT knowing what you are speaking of or who you are speaking to. Show me on here where I have posted anything negative about ANY child. :redboxer: All I said was that candy bars weren't being sold. You better get your facts straight before you open that pie hole. Because you can ask any kid in that league and they will tell you that all I have ever done is support them and told them to play ball. You have NO CLUE! :devilflam

I am a supporter of Cal Ripken baseball and also know who OffThe Hook is and he speaks the truth. During the time that I was involved with Paintsville Little League he was one of the best supporters. This not only included managing and coaching, but the grunt work like field maintenance, keeping scorebook for teams that he was not involved with, tournament work and other such. OffTheHook, I will say thanks for the time that you sacraficed.
THOMCAT Wrote:I am a supporter of Cal Ripken baseball and also know who OffThe Hook is and he speaks the truth. During the time that I was involved with Paintsville Little League he was one of the best supporters. This not only included managing and coaching, but the grunt work like field maintenance, keeping scorebook for teams that he was not involved with, tournament work and other such. OffTheHook, I will say thanks for the time that you sacraficed.
Very nice of you to say these things about OTH, But I just think he is a suckup!!!:howdy: :tongue:
OffTheHook Wrote:See here ya go again NOT knowing what you are speaking of or who you are speaking to. Show me on here where I have posted anything negative about ANY child. :redboxer: All I said was that candy bars weren't being sold. You better get your facts straight before you open that pie hole. Because you can ask any kid in that league and they will tell you that all I have ever done is support them and told them to play ball. You have NO CLUE! :devilflam

Sorry buddy, I did not meen to pee in your cheerios! Thanks for the things you do for kids!:thumpsup:
cac82 Wrote:Sorry buddy, I did not meen to pee in your cheerios! Thanks for the things you do for kids!:thumpsup:
Are you afraid people can't see what you type?
The Guru Wrote:Very nice of you to say these things about OTH, But I just think he is a suckup!!!:howdy: :tongue:

YEAH YEAH, And you are one of the biggest rumor starters on this site! LMAO!! [email=P3@$erhead!]P3@$erhead![/email] Smile
Paintsville LittleLeague just needs to face the facts that they are now second fiddle to Cal Ripken in Johnson Co. Maybe sometime soon all the folks in Floyd, Martin, and Morgan County will not have to play the all star regional tournament every year at Paintsville. This is so unfair to those counties.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Paintsville LittleLeague just needs to face the facts that they are now second fiddle to Cal Ripken in Johnson Co. Maybe sometime soon all the folks in Floyd, Martin, and Morgan County will not have to play the all star regional tournament every year at Paintsville. This is so unfair to those counties.

It might be. But, Paintsville LL doesn't decide this. It's not like we are going to turn it down. All of the area kids look forward to coming here and playing. It is a big deal to them. The Complex is nice. I have spent many nights at ten oclock watering and raking the field while kids from other teams just stand there on the fence and watch. They know how much pride and hard work we put into our complex. We got nothing but compliments from everyone that played in the State Tourney. Paintsville LL hasn't been around for going on 60 years for nothing! God Bless all who have made it what it is. And Martin is now CR.
Hopefully when the Stonecrest fields get completed and the new complex in Knott co get completed they will begin rotating the tournament.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Hopefully when the Stonecrest fields get completed and the new complex in Knott co get completed they will begin rotating the tournament.

Which will be fine and fun.
Dont get me wrong Paintsville does a great job hosting, but they just need to rotate from county to count each year. Just hope Paintsville doesnt continue to lose kids each year to CR.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dont get me wrong Paintsville does a great job hosting, but they just need to rotate from county to count each year. Just hope Paintsville doesnt continue to lose kids each year to CR.

They will be fine. Been there done that! LOL!
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dont get me wrong Paintsville does a great job hosting, but they just need to rotate from county to count each year. Just hope Paintsville doesnt continue to lose kids each year to CR.
CR's numbers are down about 20% this year. I think PLL's is down around 25%. Might just be a bad year all around.
The Guru Wrote:CR's numbers are down about 20% this year. I think PLL's is down around 25%. Might just be a bad year all around.

I have been told that all surrounding area leagues are down this year. That's CR and LL.
Rotating the tournaments sounds like a nice break! I know a few Ladies, who won't mind it one iotah! I volunteered to work a shift last year @ the Minor League concession.... (that's the unairconditioned one....LOL) and had a nice time... but I know those in charge of such things might like to travel and partake of other concessions from around the area and enjoy just getting to watch their kids PLAY BALL!
Ut -oh... went back and realized this thread was about jccrl... sorry didn't mean to get off track.
The Guru Wrote:CR's numbers are down about 20% this year. I think PLL's is down around 25%. Might just be a bad year all around.

not picking at anyone, but after this week's signups, JCYBS can change those numbers to closer to 10%. hope PLL can get some late ones also for their programs. it would be real nice if we all could keep those numbers in the black year after year for every league. :thumpsup:
Better check again Guru. The numbers for CR are growing every day. Should be +or- 5% by tryouts. I for one am very disapointed LL numbers are down so bad because i have friends who this is going to affect. I feel like this is a product of years of hard-headedness on both sides that have robbed our kids of the opportunity to play together. I am a supporter of CR but I wish LL the best also.
Looks like some really nice fields coming along at Stonecrest, and that complex in Knott Co. will be awesome. I was talking to Knott Co. judge Randy Thompson the other day and they have already applied for 2008 state tournament. They will have 4 fields plus an indoor batting complex and an indoor fielding complex. This will be great for eastern Ky. just hope one of our local teams can win the state title in near future.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Better check again Guru. The numbers for CR are growing every day. Should be +or- 5% by tryouts. I for one am very disapointed LL numbers are down so bad because i have friends who this is going to affect. I feel like this is a product of years of hard-headedness on both sides that have robbed our kids of the opportunity to play together. I am a supporter of CR but I wish LL the best also.
Sorry, about that.....But heck EP90!!!! You are the one I got my numbers from!!!lol
You told me on Tue. that it looked like 450-475 from what Jason Hurt said. Thats about 75-79% of the 600 last year! Catch me up on my numbers!!! ROFLMAO
The Guru Wrote:Sorry, about that.....But heck EP90!!!! You are the one I got my numbers from!!!lol
You told me on Tue. that it looked like 450-475 from what Jason Hurt said. Thats about 75-79% of the 600 last year! Catch me up on my numbers!!! ROFLMAO
That's what I'm saying you can't trust anyone any more Big Grin . No, seriously this week I was told that there was a bunch of kids sign up. League officials were guessing over 500. That is really close to the number at tryouts last year. They got another spike in signups last year with the girls softball team from PLL and the kids who come out late for Babe Ruth. Your numbers might be off but it was MY FAULT.:thumpsup:
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:That's what I'm saying you can't trust anyone any more Big Grin . No, seriously this week I was told that there was a bunch of kids sign up. League officials were guessing over 500. That is really close to the number at tryouts last year. They got another spike in signups last year with the girls softball team from PLL and the kids who come out late for Babe Ruth. Your numbers might be off but it was MY FAULT.:thumpsup:
Thanks for taking the credit of me being wrong....I'd hate to get accused of starting another rumo!!!Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:Thanks for taking the credit of me being wrong....I'd hate to get accused of starting another rumo!!!Big Grin

Isn't that what you do best? LMAO!!!
cac82 Wrote:The ones saying that its a joke are just mad because the Paintsville Little League is having trouble with money, because they don't have as many people playing (or selling candy bars) lol. This is not the way to get people to sign up for your little league. Grow up and try getting kids involved in a positive manner. It will get you alot farther, and teach your children a better lesson.

now hold on a sec, they sell Reese's in the concession stand cause I bought one last year, think they have other brands too if you're hungry.Big Grin