Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2017
baller1989 Wrote:What is coming back for Leslie, Somerset and Paintsville?

Paintsville will have 9 defensive starters return and 8 on offense.
I guess, with Paintsville having a good team coming back, then the game of the year for Williamsburg would be that game?????
Williamsburg is back in the hunt in 1A this year. Remember I said 1A :Cheerlead
yes sir
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg is back in the hunt in 1A this year. Remember I said 1A :Cheerlead

Their region is brutal. Pikeville and Hazard. I hope they can come out of it on top!
Hazard is loaded. Pikeville will be good but will drop a little from last couple of years.
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg is back in the hunt in 1A this year. Remember I said 1A :Cheerlead

1 A is hard to forget.

I agree that The Orange Bees should be much improved .
The Jackets will be improved, but Hazard will be loaded...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:The Jackets will be improved, but Hazard will be loaded...

Definitely could see The Dawgs playing in Lexington on Grocery Store Field.
for Williamsburg to be competitive and make a run, the roster has to be full of all boys in the halls... talent is not near what it had a couple of years ago, but there are football players up there, good football players.... Good News coming out of the weight room & would love to see them make another run
Now I seen plenty of talent on last years team that was young... they had an excellent offense as always but the defense was lacking on stopping the run... Williamsburg will be good enough to beat anyone if they are hitting on all cylinders but they must get stops plain and simple..
bac2369 Wrote:Now I seen plenty of talent on last years team that was young... they had an excellent offense as always but the defense was lacking on stopping the run... Williamsburg will be good enough to beat anyone if they are hitting on all cylinders but they must get stops plain and simple..

They were undersized.
pjdoug Wrote:They were undersized.

I agree.... kids may of beefed up some since last year..
bac2369 Wrote:I agree.... kids may of beefed up some since last year..

Kids have worked hard in the weight room but not sure that's going to matter against Hazard...Last years Hazards team was huge lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Williamsburg should be really good the next couple of years.
Raceland Williamsburg could play spoiler for their respective region favorites. Both teams have faired well in seasons such as the upcoming one. Bridging or regrouping years they seem to over achieve. Wouldntbsleep on either team in Orange and Black. But i fully expect Paintsville and Hazard to be prepaired to handle both. But wont be shocked to see somethin crazy happen.
Williamsburg will Have a Good year . I am Hearing great Things . Good Luck expect against SOmerset !
heard they've had a player or 2 come back out? 1 will help on defense for sure if the rumor is correct? anyone else heard anything?
Hope one of the kids coming back is Harrison. Big linebacker would help tremendously against the run.
This will be my first game of the season Williamsburg vs Jellico, Tenn.... Go Williamsburg :Cheerlead
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland Williamsburg could play spoiler for their respective region favorites. Both teams have faired well in seasons such as the upcoming one. Bridging or regrouping years they seem to over achieve. Wouldntbsleep on either team in Orange and Black. But i fully expect Paintsville and Hazard to be prepaired to handle both. But wont be shocked to see somethin crazy happen.

Where's Pikeville gonna be ?
64SUR Wrote:This will be my first game of the season Williamsburg vs Jellico, Tenn.... Go Williamsburg :Cheerlead

I hoped the game was at Jellico. They have better hot dog chili .
Williamsburg should be better because everybody is a year older. Kicker will be missed. Hawn is the only kid who gave them big minutes who has graduated.
http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/fe...ba52b.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/fe...ba52b.html

The Orange Bees will sting some opponents this year .
dodger Wrote:From what I heard from a football parent, the 2017 schedule should look something like this:

Jellico (A)
Somerset (H)
Leslie County (H)
Frankfort (H)
Paintsville (A)
Ludlow (A)
Harlan (A)
Pineville (H)
Lynn Camp (H)
Middlesboro (A)

I'd imagine that WHS would be a solid favorite in at least 6 of those games. A
slight favorite versus Frankfort, toss-ups versus Leslie and Somerset, and an underdog at Paintsville.

Nice looking schedule Williamsburg :popcorn:
OldJacket Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/fe...ba52b.html

You would think a local reporter who covers the team often and picks a kid to be preseason player of the year in the district could at least spell his name right.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You would think a local reporter who covers the team often and picks a kid to be preseason player of the year in the district could at least spell his name right.

The first time they spelled it they got it right but the second time they missed it up lol
64SUR Wrote:Nice looking schedule Williamsburg :popcorn:

Yes that's a nice schedule I think Williamsburg will win the games there suppose to and a couple of the toss up games this year I look for a good regular season for them