•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
PRIDE101 Wrote:Knox County ,always have been always will be.

Didn't Knox come in 3rd in district and only win 4 games and only score 3 points in last 3 games.
Playing a hard sched didn't help them last year, it might have previous year but not this time. IMO sched is overrated, your either good or your not.
But that's my opinion which is worth about as much as the next person.
The Outsider Wrote:I'm interested to see where Noah Taylor plays this year, offense or defense? Will he be 100% after suffering a knee injury on the opening kickoff of the Belfry game? Who will start on the defensive line, which is really the biggest question mark in my opinion. Will Estep still play after committing to the UK baseball team?

I agree, I think Taylor plays defense for sure. Lost three linebackers, he definitely helps soften that blow a little. We know that Hunter Logan will be back at DT, the Boswell kid will most likely move into the starting rotation at DL. He almost beat out Davis last year. That leaves a couple question marks on the DL. Wouldn't be surprised if Knuckles doesn't move over to DL. I had the same thought about Estep but the word around town is he is bought in and committed to playing football. I sure am glad to hear it. He is a fun player to watch. And has tons of heart. I'm also told that there are a few freshmen who are looking like they could step right in and play this season. Only time will tell though.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I agree, I think Taylor plays defense for sure. Lost three linebackers, he definitely helps soften that blow a little. We know that Hunter Logan will be back at DT, the Boswell kid will most likely move into the starting rotation at DL. He almost beat out Davis last year. That leaves a couple question marks on the DL. Wouldn't be surprised if Knuckles doesn't move over to DL. I had the same thought about Estep but the word around town is he is bought in and committed to playing football. I sure am glad to hear it. He is a fun player to watch. And has tons of heart. I'm also told that there are a few freshmen who are looking like they could step right in and play this season. Only time will tell though.

I had questions about defensive line last year when Corbin lost Parker, Hampton, and Harley and thought the staff did a great job with the new faces on the line this year. Will be interesting to see who's there this coming year. I'm sure they'll get it done!
I agree. It seems that each season the staff turns a perceived weakness into a strength. I think this'll be the best group haddix has had.
It is simple, Coach Haddix is a football savior to Corbin. Not to take away from any of the past coaches or hurt any feelings, but this guy has made football exciting to not only the kids but the parents as well. Kids love him, students love him, fans love him, and most important my three kids love him as a person, coach, and a teacher. If you don't think this young man has put together a tough schedule your crazy, he knows the next two years he has a shot at the title. And yes before any pirates get butt hurt the road will be through you, so please save your amazing one liners to yourself we know you are watching our thread to run your mouth. Just give this young man some credit he has done an amazing job and I for one am very thankful to have him in the city of Corbin. Like it or lump it he is filling the stands for Corbin and molding our youth with very strong work ethic, pride, and tradition. Thanks coach to you and your staff.
Bossdaddy Wrote:It is simple, Coach Haddix is a football savior to Corbin. Not to take away from any of the past coaches or hurt any feelings, but this guy has made football exciting to not only the kids but the parents as well. Kids love him, students love him, fans love him, and most important my three kids love him as a person, coach, and a teacher. If you don't think this young man has put together a tough schedule your crazy, he knows the next two years he has a shot at the title. And yes before any pirates get butt hurt the road will be through you, so please save your amazing one liners to yourself we know you are watching our thread to run your mouth. Just give this young man some credit he has done an amazing job and I for one am very thankful to have him in the city of Corbin. Like it or lump it he is filling the stands for Corbin and molding our youth with very strong work ethic, pride, and tradition. Thanks coach to you and your staff.

I don't feel that Corbin was ever in a position that needed saving. Haddix is a very good young coach, but lets not discount the kids at Corbin or the staff he has around him. There's probably 2-3 coaches on staff as good or better than Haddix, and that's not to tear him down at all so don't get offended, he just has that great of a support group. Would love to see them bring home the title in 2017! :Thumbs:
Not offended at all if you notice in my post I commented about the kids loving him, also mentioned the staff. But it has been many years since people were selling parking spots to attend a games, I know there were several Friday nights this past season they had there signs out. I never meant to take away from Corbin talent level (didn't think it would be taken out of context) they are extremely talented but he has made it fun and exciting for them. That's why they have numbers like a 5a school of kids coming out to play. And as far as the staff goes didn't feel like I was discrediting them but again it takes a smart leader to surround himself with talented people. I feel like sometimes we as fanatic to high school sports read these forums and only take out of it what we want to, and if you took what I said as me discrediting the staff or the talant level of Corbin kids that was my last intention.
Any of you "older" Redhound fans, I need some help doing some research. I am looking for results from the following games between Corbin and Hazard:

Nov. 2, 1951 played at Hazard
Nov. 7, 1947 played at Hazard
Nov. 8, 1946 played at Corbin

Some help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone might have the series history between these two teams with dates and scores many thanks.
I look for Corbin to be good this year. I don't believe they will be as strong as last year, but I also do not believe Belfry will be as strong. The talent they graduated is once in a lifetime.
Baseballmania Wrote:I look for Corbin to be good this year. I don't believe they will be as strong as last year, but I also do not believe Belfry will be as strong. The talent they graduated is once in a lifetime.

You keep telling yourself that TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to pass gas and a pirate come out. Every single post that mentioned Belfry had nothing but the upmost respect for your program. Chill out no one has dogged your schools program. Just curious how many of belfries state title runs were you part of. I love the excitement for your program but at the same time let our people pay our program some respect without being such a smart ***. In order for either team to be crowned a champ our paths will cross.
I think most of the Belfry "posters" have been pretty respectful...and have even stated that Corbin should probably open up #1 preseason. I think both programs have much respect for the other....but.....both have some hills to climb if they want to play late November. A Healthy rivalry has blossomed between the programs. Both do their fair share of "jawing".
You know Corbin is closing the gap more and more with Belfry when Belfry fans stay on the Corbin thread more than their own (also on Bell County thread to say something about Corbin). People are only interested in teams that are a threat to them. Belfry must be getting worried. 👀 😂
I didn't think I said anything out of the way sorry if I offended you people
Well can someone ask Haddix if Larkey came to the clinic this weekend. I would love to be in the same room with these two, when they meet for the first time since Larkey said what he did?
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I didn't think I said anything out of the way sorry if I offended you people

Come on you have to know what Corbin fans are like by now. They have never lost and should never lose before it is played.
I think spring ball starts Monday! Can't wait to see how they look!
Flicka Wrote:Come on you have to know what Corbin fans are like by now. They have never lost and should never lose before it is played.

Reading comprehension must not be one of your strongest qualities. I didn't see nothing but the upmost respect to the program belfry has developed, there fans and all the other haters cant stay off of the Corbin thread and let our fans talk about our program. It is open to all but the haters should start there own thread to do there hating and let the fans have this one to chat about the hounds. I will say that your reading comprehension would be one of the top in the state had you attended Corbin. And also have a great day
Thanks I almost forgot, the school is better than all of the others as well. How do you guys do it? Not one flaw.
Well we do it easily! Without FLAWS
There is a true Corbin fan. No worries Pirate. Talk to any of them long enough and it always shows. :worthy:
BlueGold1 Wrote:Any of you "older" Redhound fans, I need some help doing some research. I am looking for results from the following games between Corbin and Hazard:

Some help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone might have the series history between these two teams with dates and scores many thanks.

Corbin 7 Hazard 4

Hazard 20 Corbin 0

Corbin 13 Hazard 7

Let me know if you need any other scores.
If you have particular dates, I can find them pretty easy
I just wanna know how you have access to that information. That's the kind of thing I could study from now on. Lol
Flicka Wrote:There is a true Corbin fan. No worries Pirate. Talk to any of them long enough and it always shows. :worthy:

Man you need to change user name to flocka, after the drug because you are messed up. Even though you are a keyboard warrior I will be nice and repeat that regardless these teams will have the opportunity to settle it on the field. As for you and I pm before the game and we can chat.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nov. 2, 1951 played at Hazard

Corbin 7 Hazard 4

Hazard 20 Corbin 0

Corbin 13 Hazard 7

Let me know if you need any other scores.
If you have particular dates, I can find them pretty easy

You the man RIUTG. I replied to your private message. Check it out when you can.
BlueGold1 Wrote:You the man RIUTG. I replied to your private message. Check it out when you can.

Per your P.M. asking about the 1937 game.....

Corbin won 19 to 7 on October 29th 1937 at Hazard

As for your second question about the 1938 game that Hazard forfeited, you were correct. They did forfeit and left at halftime. I think youll like this.....

Check out the attachment. Its a newspaper article from the courier journal about the game....(the reason I couldn't PM you this is because you cant attach filed in PM's so I had to post it here)
Wow nice research guys
RIUTG thank you again for your help in my research. Loved the article which, by the way, was very similar to the article if the game in the Hazard Herald newspaper. With a slightly different view, lol. Unfortunately, the schools did not play again until the 1946 season and Coach Pat Payne was no longer the coach at Hazard.
No problem
That articled I posted was from the courier journal.
As long as Greer and Mills run that defense they will be stingy on that side of the ball.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next