•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
Wrangler Wrote:Corbin will come in second in the district behind McCreary who is going to smoke them guaranteed
Seriously, McCreary couldn't even beat Lynn Camp!!
13thFan Wrote:Corbin will be able to best belfry next year IMO.

Right lol
As I stated earlier...IMO, Corbin will open the year as the top ranked team in 3A. Going to interesting to say the least.
I think Corbin lost a lot last season & they will struggle thru the beginning getting people in the right positions.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:As I stated earlier...IMO, Corbin will open the year as the top ranked team in 3A. Going to interesting to say the least.

I don't see where they should open up on top of 3A they lost as much as we did but it don't matter where you start it just matters where you finish
I believe the schedule Corbin plays will have the younger guys who fill in the spots seniors left open ready to play come playoff time. Love the way Haddix has scheduled for Corbin since he's been here. Normally a front loaded schedule then district play. Playing cupcakes looks nice on the record but shows come playoff time.
Going to be a H$LL of a ride this year in Corbin, Already looking for a ride to bowling green. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Going to be a H$LL of a ride this year in Corbin, Already looking for a ride to bowling green. Confusednicker:

You got a detour on your ride that goes through Pond Creek
Belfry still calls the shots until dethroned. How many kids did Corbin lose? I have seen several kids signed to play college football from Corbin, have to think that hurts them a little - right?
64SUR Wrote:Going to be a H$LL of a ride this year in Corbin, Already looking for a ride to bowling green. Confusednicker:

Yea you was looking this year to all you had to do is ask you could have road with me
They will be the team from the east you see. They will be well coached and ready. I promise they have belfry in their weight room circled. May be different next year.
Very difficult schedule.. Anyone knocking that schedule is nuts.. Makes me think, coaches must be expecting big things from this team.. Alcoa is the only definite loss.. Those guys are on a different level and could likely win 4a and 5a in Tn. in most years.. If they stay within 21, it'd be a moral victory.. Mayfield, Beechwood & Pulaski Co. are all Top 2-3 programs in their class and will be toss ups.. Knox and Whitley will also be challenging games, but, the Hounds should handle.. 9-1 is best case scenario, but, 8-2 would be an outstanding season vs this schedule, 7-3 would be a good season. Anything less than that would be a disappointment, imo..
Football_Maniac Wrote:They will be the team from the east you see. They will be well coached and ready. I promise they have belfry in their weight room circled. May be different next year.

Looking forward to it that's exactly what we're doing to and Belfry has the Corbin game circled Thanksgiving weekend
Football_Maniac Wrote:They will be the team from the east you see. They will be well coached and ready. I promise they have belfry in their weight room circled. May be different next year.

In all fairness....they had a potential Belfry game circled all last year.....with the home field advantage.

Hard to say how everything shakes out. Both Corbin and Belfry have suffered major losses due to graduation and face some rebuilding challenges. To that front....often times, it comes down to coaching and preparedness. In that area, I give the edge to Belfry. Coaching staff has been in place for years...and fully understand the task at hand. No disrespect to the Corbin staff. No doubt they're a quality group and know how to game plan. However, you can replicate the experience the Belfry staff has.

In reviewing both team's schedule...I think Belfry will take some lumps. Corbin may drop a couple......and I still think both will ultimately meet day after Thanksgiving for Round 3 of what's becoming a "must see" rivalry.
If you have a very weak district it allows you to play some very good teams
I think Corbin will get over the "Belfry Hump" this year. Belfry will be very good, but their offensive and defensive lines will "come back down to earth". Belfry will field a "very good" line, but it will be no where near as talented as the last couple of years. I will go out on a limb and say Belfry's line play, was as dominant as we have ever seen in Eastern Kentucky. With that being said, the playing field is now even and Corbin will field one of the best quarterbacks in the state next year, in Sizemore. He will continue to grow under the guidance of Haddix this offseason, and with another year under his belt, Sizemore will be a very dangerous man, this upcoming season. I think at the end of the day, Corbin will be the team to beat next year, but as the old saying goes, "you have to beat the man, to be the man". Good luck Hounds!!!
Corbin may be the team this year but they could have to win 2 road playoff games to get to Bowling Green. They are the even district in the even region in an odd year. They for sure have to travel in the semifinals to region 3 wherever that might be. Regardless of record road wins in late November can get interesting......
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Corbin may be the team this year but they could have to win 2 road playoff games to get to Bowling Green. They are the even district in the even region in an odd year. They for sure have to travel in the semifinals to region 3 wherever that might be. Regardless of record road wins in late November can get interesting......

They won't have two road playoff games unless you're insinuating that they lose the district.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Corbin may be the team this year but they could have to win 2 road playoff games to get to Bowling Green. They are the even district in the even region in an odd year. They for sure have to travel in the semifinals to region 3 wherever that might be. Regardless of record road wins in late November can get interesting......

In my opinion, playing at Belfry will be the only obstacle that stands between the Hounds and Bowling Green. Casey County had their shot last year, and I don't see teams in the region playing within three touchdowns of the Hounds. I may be wrong, but only time will tell.

I hadn't thought about that. Casey lost a lot and we don't know what bell county will be next year so it is very possible that we may actually play someone from the other district for the region title. It still probably wouldn't be much of a game, even if we do go to Powell/estill county. I think Dudley will have bell county good enough to beat anyone in the other district though; but it is a possibility.
Corbin and Belfry. Round four of playoffs. Know what they say about third times a charm. Corbin will be locked and loaded. But will def have their hands full.
Football_Maniac Wrote:Corbin and Belfry. Round four of playoffs. Know what they say about third times a charm. Corbin will be locked and loaded. But will def have their hands full.
Hey Redhound people, don't count out Bell Co., Hilton magic has worked before. Coming back just to beat the Hounds and Haddix!!!!
CoachNM0523 Wrote:They won't have two road playoff games unless you're insinuating that they lose the district.

They would have to travel to D7 winner if they (Powell/ Estill/ Breathitt are the only 3 who could win that district next season) are still alive and then to the region 3 winner in semifinals. The debate of the D7 winner making it to the regional finals is why I said could. I honeslty think it will be a rematch of bell Corbin in the regional.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:They would have to travel to D7 winner if they (Powell/ Estill/ Breathitt are the only 3 who could win that district next season) are still alive and then to the region 3 winner in semifinals. The debate of the D7 winner making it to the regional finals is why I said could. I honeslty think it will be a rematch of bell Corbin in the regional.

Bell may finish 4th in the District.
BIG TONY Wrote:Hey Redhound people, don't count out Bell Co., Hilton magic has worked before. Coming back just to beat the Hounds and Haddix!!!!

Smile Smile Smile If there is one thing this move has done...... its spiked the interest in the Bell/Corbin rivalry. I say there def will be more interest, but Haddix and the Hounds roll on with their undefeated record against the Bobcats. And will do so in the foreseeable future. I can tell you another thing. I'd bet my farm that Haddix would schedule Bell 2 games a year if he could................
This is the email that was sent for those interested:

This clinic sounds great.

Will it talk about recruiting other teams feeder programs?

Will it talk about a successful Middle School program using other schools kids?

Will it talk about how Middle School All Star team coaches recruit other teams kids? Which by the way I don't recommend any coaches send their kids too that have an opposing school nearby because its all recruitment from your feeder system. Especially around here!

Will the clinic talk about what a coach says to get a kid to switch schools in Middle School and leave his friends, who will hold that against him for a long time.

Does it talk about how to set up fake apartment addresses or how to get around the KHSAA rules for eligibility?

Chris Larkey
North Laurel Head Football Coach
606-XXX-XXXX
1300 East Hal Rogers Parkway
London, Ky 40741
[email]chris.larkey@laurel.kyschools.us[/email]
He sounds like the creepy ex-girlfriend!!!
I agree ,can a mod remove those post about a kid. They can remove them just PM a moderator and I will do the same
Sent a pm to riutg hopefully he will take them down.
Speaking of a kid personally is strictly prohibited on this site.
The post have been removed and any continuing of doing so will result in a ban.
First and only warning.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next