Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016-2017 High School Wrestling Season
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I can't believe nobody, besides me, wants to talk high school wrestling.

Pulp, I never watched a wrestling meet in my life until this year. My sons a Freshman at Belfry and he came to me and wanted to wrestle so it would help him stay in shape during the winter. People kept telling me that the meets were long and boring and that we wouldn't last through half the season. But I'll tell you this, after our first meet and watching my son we are HOOKED! I never dreamed that this sport was so fun to watch. I mean I'm watching every match not just my sons. I just wished that I knew more about it so I could help him on his technique. Right now he has a record of 6-2 which I think is pretty good but he's doing it on pretty much brute strength. Ethan is 6'1" and weighs 228lbs and I think that this will hurt him later on this year. The way I understand it is that 220lbs to 285lbs is the heavy weight division, correct? That makes him a small heavyweight. We can't wait to watch this Johnson Central team I keep hearing about. Hearing nothing but good things about them. Hopefully can learn some things from them big ol boys Ethan will have to go up against. Like I said, until this year me and my son had never seen a wrestling meet but now that he's tried it and doing ok, we're both hooked. Any pointers you might want to through out there I'm more than willing to listen. If you can get over us being from Belfry that is! LOL
Messages In This Thread
2016-2017 High School Wrestling Season - by #55PirateFan - 01-30-2017, 04:24 PM