Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2017
I didn't get to see much but the few plays i seen it looks like the d-line has alot of work to do. Pikeville looked a lot stronger. I hope what I seen wasn't representative of the whole scrimmage.
LC was using a bunch of different players and line combinations to get some looks at players so I didn't read much into that aspect. They still have Caden Ratliff,Brayden Robertson and Jimmy Marcum (when he gets healthy) that are all big bodies that can be subbed in as well if needed. Pikeville does have some big,strong players though. Glad we got the chance to scrimmage against them.
I put zero stock in results or scores of scrimmage games. I think both the Dawg's and Panthers have smart coaches and smart coaches worry very little about the score of games like this. They are too busy trying things out and getting looks at kids and trying to work on their weaknesses. The kids are about the only ones who pay much attention to the score.
Does anyone know if any of the little league teams or the middle school team are getting on the same page as the Varsity. I would love to see em start learning the varsity system and playbook a little at a time adding more each year so by the time they are freshmen they should know coach Short's base playbook and can hit the ground running. This is a huge advantage and teams like Belfry and Johnson Central are doing this every year. I have always believed that the whole point of little league and middle school is to prepare you for varsity anyway.