•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2017
I remember a team going 6-4 in 2010 and ending up 10-5 state runner ups. That team definetly overachieved and got hot when it needed to.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:???

The schedule is full

The open spot is for the 2nd scrimmage... Belfry only has one.

Until they came to an agreement with NewCath to renew for two more years the open game that they were talking to Oakland about would have been that week.

My mistake. For some reason, I thought there was 11 eligible Fridays to schedule 10 games.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think that's a pretty fair assessment. At this point....I actually think the Bryan Station game could also be an underdog contest as well. Currently, it appears the Pirates will potentially break in anywhere between 5-7 new starters across the offensive line....and I can see it taking a while for those kids to jell as a unit. This team, barring any significant injuries will be extremely quick and highly athletic. But....the offensive and defensive line will be a work in progress. Those early games will be a challenge.

My thought exactly. Will have to lean on the athletic ability of the backs more than the past. The backs the past several years have been really good but running behind the line they have had made life much better. Same on defense.
Spring practice starts Monday...
How did spring practice (day 1) go?
I know we graduated a lot of talent this year, but I'm telling you right now, this team is clicking and the size of our O-Line is impressive and a lot of people are going to be shocked to see how big and athletic that this year's line will be! To be continued...
Hearing lots of good buzz about Taveon Hunter's off-season.

He seems to have gotten bigger, stronger, faster, and has played with a travel 7 on 7 team and played well.
Where it the travel 7-7 team from and who do they play
Taveon will find the endzone ALOT. Speed. Speed. Speed.
diceman Wrote:Where it the travel 7-7 team from and who do they play

https://twitter.com/GHE7v7

Not sure if this answers anything or not
He may be the fastest kid in the state in pads. He was light years faster than Corbin, Central, cabell midland, and even Knoxville catholic. Better stop him in the backfield because if he gets loose he's gone.
Not that track is the same, but he blew the field away in the 110 meters at Bob Amos a couple of nights ago and the best thing about it that Peyton Hensley was not that far behind in what looked like a photo for second. We said last year that even on a play that was called back, the 80 plus yard called back TD run against Knoxville Catholic was a huge confidence boost to the kid. I still haven't seen a kid right foot plant and stop on a dime and then be right back to full speed like he did on one of his TD runs against the 'Hounds.
It was actually 100 meters, but still a great effort.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not that track is the same, but he blew the field away in the 110 meters at Bob Amos a couple of nights ago and the best thing about it that Peyton Hensley was not that far behind in what looked like a photo for second. We said last year that even on a play that was called back, the 80 plus yard called back TD run against Knoxville Catholic was a huge confidence boost to the kid. I still haven't seen a kid right foot plant and stop on a dime and then be right back to full speed like he did on one of his TD runs against the 'Hounds.

One of those guys (far) in his rear view mirror was Kent Phelps as well.
What's his 100 meter time? Curious how to matches up with the kid from Southwestern, JP.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:What's his 100 meter time? Curious how to matches up with the kid from Southwestern, JP.
11.2 was what I heard.
PHSForever Wrote:11.2 was what I heard.

Vaught ran a 10.78. Either way, both are incredibly fast.
Really excited for the Pike County Bowl.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Really excited for the Pike County Bowl.

Yes should be a good one
All I can say is everyone knows 3A east runs through Belfry and this year isn't any different get ready for a fun year
Anyone other than me thinks it's ridiculous that there's all this talk that the Pirates will not open up the pre season #1 in 3A? I'm not throwing off on Corbin or any other team in anyway, I just think that a school that's won 4 straight state titles and have all the talent that we do coming back from last year, with the exception of our stud offensive line that graduated, should be getting a little more respect than that. The line that we'll be fielding this fall will not be what we had last year but they'll be better than average. In my opinion, Belfry should be #1 until they prove otherwise! SMH!!!
I agree 51. I also think that all this talk about what you lost last season will really put a chip on the shoulder of the entire o-line group for Belfry. You all deserve the #1 ranking though, until we knock you off of the mountain this year! Lol. See y'all in November, good luck!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I agree 51. I also think that all this talk about what you lost last season will really put a chip on the shoulder of the entire o-line group for Belfry. You all deserve the #1 ranking though, until we knock you off of the mountain this year! Lol. See y'all in November, good luck!

Maybe in a couple of years Lol
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I agree 51. I also think that all this talk about what you lost last season will really put a chip on the shoulder of the entire o-line group for Belfry. You all deserve the #1 ranking though, until we knock you off of the mountain this year! Lol. See y'all in November, good luck!

Good luck my friend! Hope both of our teams have a great, injury free season and meet up on Pond Creek for a chance at another title. Last year was the first time that I got to see Corbin play and I was not disappointed! Very impressed with the Hounds! Special things are happening in Corbin on the football field!
I know this this going to be the Pirates year again 5 in a row 7 all together it's a great time to be a Pirate Fan
Thoughts and prayers for Coach Cassell. First class man!!!
The boys are working out and getting ready
Dang! What is up with Pond Creek Nation on here? During the season the Pirate faithful are on here every second of the day and now it's as if they fell off the face of the earth! BGR is much more fun when Belfry folks are on here bragging about what we got and the success we've had and even better than that is when all the haters reply to the arrogance of "The Evil Empire" (LOL) and talk about this is their year and how bad we suck! Come on football junkies, from every school, get excited! Friday Night Football is almost here! Let's get this "Smack Talk" in full swing! Anyway, hope every school in our great state has a great, injury free season and I wish nothing but the best for our fine young men that will taking the field this year in every District. Hope you guys win every game, unless your playing the Pirates of course, then I hope you lose that one! Lol!!! Sorry for the long post but I love nothing more than watching high school football on a chilli Friday night! Good Luck and God Bless!
#51PirateFan Wrote:Dang! What is up with Pond Creek Nation on here? During the season the Pirate faithful are on here every second of the day and now it's as if they fell off the face of the earth!

I think everyone is waiting to see what Belfry has returning.

Belfry will be one of the bigger mysteries in Kentucky this year because they lost so many talented 3 and 4 year starters but have kids waiting who everyone knows has a ton of talent and are just waiting their turn.

I think Belfry fans are a little afraid to crow not knowing what the O and D Lines will perform like. Subsequently the people who want to see Belfry lose are afraid to pop off because they still know Belfry is loaded at the skill spots and if the lines show any semblance of being solid the Pirates will be tough once more.
Listen this is the same ol Belfry team we're going to come out line up and run it down your throats and when you try to stop that we're going to pop outside and go to the house everybody is putting in the work this team is loaded and we will be ready to go
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next