•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2017
MCMiner247 Wrote:How does the loss of Barker affect the Pirates line? What grade is he in?

Do you really need to ask? If you know about a transfer...I'm guessing you know more than most of us already. Smile C'mon. You're just trolling. Smile
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:August 25th----is that Huntington High? Pike Co Bowl? I thought Bryan Station was Pike Co Bowl game?? Definitely need some spark to that schedule. Pulling Sheldon Clark and Floyd Central into district play is somewhat of a downer. No disrespect intended. But district play has been down. LC will be better IMO......however Pike Central will not. Neither SC nor Floyd are ready at this point. With Cabell Midland in week 9 and another powerhouse being added some where else.....can only help the young Bucs. Let's just hope the injury bug says away from this team....unlike last year's squad
I'm from over around Pike central an we have been down for a couple years to be honest we have so many coach changes it just hurts us more than help.i would love for us to be more of a game than the past few years. But its going to take time for anybody in this district to build up a good team at this point.
Hawk101 Wrote:I'm from over around Pike central an we have been down for a couple years to be honest we have so many coach changes it just hurts us more than help.i would love for us to be more of a game than the past few years. But its going to take time for anybody in this district to build up a good team at this point.

Hawk.....completely agree. IMO, Chapman actually did more harm to the Program than good. Gonna take some time. I still think Pike Central is positioned well for future success. The continued success of Pike Medical Center and the furthering expansion of UPike can only foster additional opportunities for Pikeville and Pike Central.
I hear Justin Barker has already transferred to Mingo Central and a few are supposedly tagging along. I'm hearing Rash and Browning are both going to be joining him. I believe Rash will go for sure, but I'm not sure why Browning would go. He would finally be getting the starting QB spot for a team that has won the State Championship 4 years in a row.. Have any of you heard anything else about this?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The team I am hearing would consistently be as good and often better than Alcoa if that gives any idea the level of fish Belfry is trying to reel in.

Marysville?
cuppett777 Wrote:Marysville?

Nope, but beat Maryville last year.
With the one kid gone and possibly others heading to Mingo Central, the rebuilding of both lines with be the big key to Belfry's success in 2017. All other areas will return some good players. QB could become a real key.
bucslover68 Wrote:With the one kid gone and possibly others heading to Mingo Central, the rebuilding of both lines with be the big key to Belfry's success in 2017. All other areas will return some good players. QB could become a real key.

Listen I got CD's from every game this year any kid that has left or are going to leave didn't make a difference this year trust me and won't next year not saying any names but we're good trust me we didn't lose anything nor will we we got two kids that play QB and both are good that rest will fall into place see ya in Bowling Green first week in December boys Lol
Who will step in and play QB?
Bryan Station shouldn't be much of a game as Tate's Creek beat them by 21 last year. Just because they're a 6A Lexington school doesn't mean to be much else.
They way I see it, this is a belfry thread... why are we even talking about sub-par kids...let's talk about the real deals....this group of seniors will have one of the most talented skill set of players that's ever been there...so with that being said ...Go Pirates
padd4pirate Wrote:They way I see it, this is a belfry thread... why are we even talking about sub-par kids...let's talk about the real deals....this group of seniors will have one of the most talented skill set of players that's ever been there...so with that being said ...Go Pirates

While I definitely agree that our senior to be class will be loaded with skill kids.....IMO, using the phrase "sub-par kids" is unnecessary. It does appear that at least one player has transferred....and potentially couple others. However, lets not denigrate or downgrade their abilities. They're kids. They've all got feelings and evidently, their own reasons for leaving the program. There's plenty of talent in the cupboard. Let's take the high road and encourage the kids to dig a little deeper and be ready come July.
Dissapointing to see a fan base trash teenage kids. Especially kids that have sacrificed for the program and the enjoyment of adults. Says a lot about a fan base and program.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Dissapointing to see a fan base trash teenage kids. Especially kids that have sacrificed for the program and the enjoyment of adults. Says a lot about a fan base and program.

Let's not broad stroke this to the entire fan base. A couple of fans crossed the line.
padd4pirate Wrote:They way I see it, this is a belfry thread... why are we even talking about sub-par kids...let's talk about the real deals....this group of seniors will have one of the most talented skill set of players that's ever been there...so with that being said ...Go Pirates

Lol I'm right there with ya brother
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Let's not broad stroke this to the entire fan base. A couple of fans crossed the line.

I've seen more cross the line than stand up for the kid such as you did. I commend you for your represenatation of the fan base. However, just seeing 1 poster trashing a 16 year old kid is too many and paints the picture of a fan base I would not be associated with. We're not talking about trolling other fan bases and taking shots a grown adults, I would say all fan bases have several fans that over step the boundaries and shouldn't reflect as a whole in that regard. But, this is cowardice.
MCMiner247 Wrote:How does the loss of Barker affect the Pirates line? What grade is he in?

Where you go to school and the activities you participate in can set the tone for the rest of your life. I really hope that Mr Barker and his parents have found a great fit for him that builds a lifetime of success. GO PIRATES and GO MINERS!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Dissapointing to see a fan base trash teenage kids. Especially kids that have sacrificed for the program and the enjoyment of adults. Says a lot about a fan base and program.

Did you honestly expect anything different from them?
Hello lady's let's try something new well just talk about Belfry kids and Belfry Football on this thread if you want to talk about the other stuff I'll make a new thread and call it From the WHITE HOUSE to the s--- house and we can discuss what ever you want on it LOL

GO PIRATES

All I will say is I hope he finds exactly what he is looking for and it translates to a decision that is in the kids' best interest long term. Far be it for me to assume I know about their situation and why they made the decision, so I will assume they did their homework and feel this is the best move and as such I wish them the very best of luck and success!

I don't think it is devastating loss by any means, but at the same time he was starting for a reason and that experience being gone will be tough to replace.

Good luck to Barker.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Let's not broad stroke this to the entire fan base. A couple of fans crossed the line.

I would say you're in the minority my friend. Just an outside observation.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I've seen more cross the line than stand up for the kid such as you did. I commend you for your represenatation of the fan base. However, just seeing 1 poster trashing a 16 year old kid is too many and paints the picture of a fan base I would not be associated with. We're not talking about trolling other fan bases and taking shots a grown adults, I would say all fan bases have several fans that over step the boundaries and shouldn't reflect as a whole in that regard. But, this is cowardice.

You have a valid point but I would be easy with your stones in a glass house...

I agree with what you're saying. Don't get me wrong. Absolutely no reason to poor mouth any high school kid personally!

But I do seem to remember some similar statements in an off-season Corbin thread about kids a couple years ago from Redhound Nation (want to say it was about kids who they thought were coming out but chose not to) and let's also not forget the talk of specific players being "soft" or "overrated" leading up to the Belfry game.

If you are going to denounce the entire Belfry fanbase you should have already denounced your own.
ChasinBucs2017 Wrote:Who will step in and play QB?

Browning is the most likely name, but if I had to make a prediction I would say Justin Adkins.

Adkins has QB experiences but was part of the HB by committee position while Corbett had a stranglehold on QB1. If Adkins can return 100% from his injury I think he will be best served under center.

I think Browning is a stronger passer, but Adkins will bring that big play ability and speed at the position that Haywood has liked utilizing with Keaton Taylor and Corbett the past three years. With the backfield already loaded I would think he would bring more value as a full-time QB.

Then again if Belfry can't fully re-load on the line Browning may be the better fit if a passing game is needed.

Also don't completely count out the Mounts kid who is coming in as a Freshman. Kid is going to be a special talent at LB'er, but he also is a very experienced QB at the MS level.
ekualum05 Wrote:you have a valid point but i would be easy with your stones in a glass house...

I agree with what you're saying. Don't get me wrong. Absolutely no reason to poor mouth any high school kid personally!

But i do seem to remember some similar statements in an off-season corbin thread about kids a couple years ago from redhound nation (want to say it was about kids who they thought were coming out but chose not to) and let's also not forget the talk of specific players being "soft" or "overrated" leading up to the belfry game.

If you are going to denounce the entire belfry fanbase you should have already denounced your own.

amen
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You have a valid point but I would be easy with your stones in a glass house...

But I do seem to remember some similar statements in an off-season Corbin thread about kids a couple years ago from Redhound Nation (want to say it was about kids who they thought were coming out but chose not to) and let's also not forget the talk of specific players being "soft" or "overrated" leading up to the Belfry game.

If you are going to denounce the entire Belfry fanbase you should have already denounced your own.

Your off base on this one. Do some homework before you fire shots at me. I've blasted the redhound fans before for crossing the line, however I honestly have no idea about the thread or comments you're referring. And the fact that you're referencing the comments of a Belfry fan posing as a Corbin poster from the semifinal thread is lame. I've always respected you as a poster, but the simple fact that you rather call me out than question the antics of your fans makes me question that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You have a valid point but I would be easy with your stones in a glass house...

I'm in this for one reason and that is to see kids succeed. I have in the past and will continue to try and help kids from across the state including kids from Belfry. It's a shame when the focus is somewhere else.
Almost heaven...... West Virginia .... Blue Ridge Mountains ......
I'd say we won't have anything to talk about in a week or so I'd say the kids will weed out who wants to be there and who don't thats what leaders do and then it will just be boring on here again LOL
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Your off base on this one. Do some homework before you fire shots at me. I've blasted the redhound fans before for crossing the line, however I honestly have no idea about the thread or comments you're referring. And the fact that you're referencing the comments of a Belfry fan posing as a Corbin poster from the semifinal thread is lame. I've always respected you as a poster, but the simple fact that you rather call me out than question the antics of your fans makes me question that.
I am not calling you out, I am agreeing with you but just saying not to paint a broad brush and denounce an entire fanbase when your own fanbase have made similar offenses. It's fine to call out a specific poster, and you should call them out for attacking a kid, but to imply everyone is guilty by association is hyperbole at it's finest. That's like me saying that the entire Corbin fanbase is mis-informed and living in the past because bcpc erroneously contends that Haywood "wet the field" back in 2002 (something I have first hand knowledge on and spoke honestly about). That doesn't mean you and the other knowledgeable Corbin fans are ignorant and short sighted, just means bcpc is on that specific subject.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next