Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 2017
looking good up front in early drills.
more of a reasonable schedule this year, how will coach rays 4th year be?
scrappy says 6-4. good luck to the eagles this year!!
4-6... I think Phelps will be much improved. Boyd might get them with that first game of the season as well.
Much better schedule for a team still rebuilding from alot of number loss. Still have some atheletes, but wont have to numbers to compete in the district, imo.
What's there schedule look like?
They have some road trips for sure @ Owen Co, Nicholas Co, and Lincoln Co, WV although I see at least one win in that group possibly 2. They should do well with Lewis Co as well.

Raceland, Paintsville, Valley all will be tough games.

Boyd, Phelps, West Carter are toss up games at this point.
I don't see Fairview being very competitive for a while , had to bring 6th graders up to have enough to make a middle school team and they really struggled . ... west Carter and as crazy as it sounds phelps both will beat them . As for Boyd co. If that was their starters they had at the 7 on 7 they won't win a game this year
Will see them at the grid. Then I will see first hand some of what they have.
Fairview will be hard pressed to win a game this year and even have a team next year.....they can't even stay up with Lewis County....with Boyd County's recent additions in the past few weeks, and a few decent ones that were already in place, I'd say the Lions will slaughter the Eagles with a running clock in week 1.
the only suspect part of this team is the o line. couple of real big dudes this year but they suck wind very fast, as for the athletes on this team there are several. everyone shoots for fairview when they play because of the constant jealousy of the eagle's state championship run recently. no other team in this region has made it to the carpet in BG. eagles will be fine this year 6-4 with a playoff win as usual:redboxer:
Wildcat1 Wrote:Fairview will be hard pressed to win a game this year and even have a team next year.....they can't even stay up with Lewis County....with Boyd County's recent additions in the past few weeks, and a few decent ones that were already in place, I'd say the Lions will slaughter the Eagles with a running clock in week 1.
well boyd has had several quit recently and lewis county is a 1 win team at best. fairview will beat the lions at home week 1. and your a bozo if ya think different
scrappy coco Wrote:the only suspect part of this team is the o line. couple of real big dudes this year but they suck wind very fast, as for the athletes on this team there are several. everyone shoots for fairview when they play because of the constant jealousy of the eagle's state championship run recently. no other team in this region has made it to the carpet in BG. eagles will be fine this year 6-4 with a playoff win as usual:redboxer:

I'm sorry I don't see that in Fairviews record. Is that maybe because they got caught cheating and had to forfeit the entire season ? And you think anyone is jealous of that ? Making a state title run but having to cheat to do it .. wake up Alice
Owen will beat them just saw Owen county they have decent speed and a very big line they are looking good
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I'm sorry I don't see that in Fairviews record. Is that maybe because they got caught cheating and had to forfeit the entire season ? And you think anyone is jealous of that ? Making a state title run but having to cheat to do it .. wake up Alice
i didnt know you had the ability to erase ones mind? because i remember very well being in BG to watch the eagles. wow you are amazing. listen here nut job why dont you quit trolling fairview threads because you sir obviously are jealous:biglmao:
After watching them in the grid, I think this team is in for a very long season.
scrappy coco Wrote:well boyd has had several quit recently and lewis county is a 1 win team at best. fairview will beat the lions at home week 1. and your a bozo if ya think different

:hilarious:

you must we from "the wood"....Boyd has NOT had several quit recently - not sure where you're getting your info....they are up to 63 players now after having not quite 50 on media day - and a few of them will be true difference makers....Fairview won't even be able to stay on the field with them.
Depth will be an issue for the eagles. Raceland is down and Paintsville is replacing key positions but should have a really good defense, but I expect both to be several TDS better than Fairview. Not a knock in the program, I like Fred Ray and think he is doing things the right way, just don't have the numbers to keep up in the district. I have heard the opposite about Boyd, hear their numbers are up from the last few years. Fairview will have some good skill kids, but have very little in the way of experienced kids and they weren't very string upfront last year and doesn't sound like they will be this year either. Good football breeds good football so I want all of our area schools to be competitive. I just think that several schools in our area that have had recent success are going to have slower years this year and maybe next as well. Then you will start to see them trending up again.
Are the numbers true? Is Fairview only dressing 24 kids?
Third place in the district. Hard to speculate on the record, but maybe a range of 3-7 to 5-5 is my guess.
I myself do not know for sure , but I was told Fairview has 38 players , & 14 of them didn't dress for the grid including several starters . Does anybody know if this is true or not ?
36 players and several starters did not play. therefore what the guru's seen was unlike the team they will field
scrappy coco Wrote:36 players and several starters did not play. therefore what the guru's seen was unlike the team they will field

I am a big fan of the Grid but while some coaches/ teams play it like a district game others view it for what it is - a scrimmage/ practice vs another team. With a small roster compared to some in the EKC this would not surprise me at all if it is true. I am pretty sure that some of the teams that didn't "win" will wind up being just fine and even surprisingly good when the actual season starts.
Why did the 12 players not dress?
With the amount of injuries Fairview had last year, I almost couldn't blame them for holding some starters out. That being said, I still think the kids need some game reps even if just a limited amount.
E's Army Wrote:Why did the 12 players not dress?
the last 3 years a player or two have been hurt with season or career ending injuries. thats my best guess. small school, small numbers. i agree with some of these posts. after this year fairview may become a 1 or 0 win team, numbers at fairview have been dropping fast. but lets enjoy this year , 18 seniors and a few talented juniors
scrappy coco Wrote:looking good up front in early drills.
more of a reasonable schedule this year, how will coach rays 4th year be?
scrappy says 6-4. good luck to the eagles this year!!
I hadn't heard much about Fairview lately. Are they showing lots of improvement ?
It seems like Fairview cycles from having competitive teams to having really bad teams. I've always heard stories about how they were decently competitive in the 70's and 80's but then you get to the 90's and the program was so bad that it shut down for a few years. The early 2000's saw a resurgence in talent and interest but then they dropped off for a few years. Fairview had that little run between 2010-2013 where they had some good teams and now they are on the decline again and it looks like the program is in some serious long term trouble. My question for the Fairview fans is why has there been so much inconsistency with the program over the years? I know you guys have good home grown athletes and I have seen Fairview athletes excel in several sports. I am just curious know know what has prevented this school from maintaining a successful program?
scrappy coco Wrote:36 players and several starters did not play. therefore what the guru's seen was unlike the team they will field

29 players in the paper today , unless the several starters who didn't play in the grid didn't get in the team picture either lol
anotherfootballnut Wrote:29 players in the paper today , unless the several starters who didn't play in the grid didn't get in the team picture either lol
how about you pay more attention to the khsaa website roster rather than aaron snyder's useless attempt to know anything about football? my bad the ADI is always right. have fun comparing rosters nutjob