•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2017
CCFOOTBALL1 Wrote:No other candidates can't handle it? That is laughable! Football isn't to hard. BryanSamples, Jamie Gilbert, Scott Reid all work for the board and have showed they are capable.

Tigers eye, you think no other person except Ed can do the job and think the last staff shouldn't have been fired. I'm sorry, Wayne's staff. Not the last staff. I wasn't a big fan of Combs at first either but he was given no other choice but to leave.

But your orgainal point. Why can't no other person From Clay County do the job? None of your former teammates know the game?

They haven't shown they are capable of anything. Reid has never coached anything past elementary.

I think Ed is the best guy for the job, I apologize if you disagree. They don't have any coaching experience at all like Eddie is why I think they can't handle it
We haven't put together a winning season since 2010 with all them fellars hanging around. But what do I know, we put together a committee and met for 2 months last time and the best we could come up with was a guy with 2 years coaching experience total, granted I never had a problem with him but it should have been ed last time.

The real question is why are you against Eddie?
All kinds of guys from Clay could get the job done. Just needs support and time.
Hogsnot Wrote:All kinds of guys from Clay could get the job done. Just needs support and time.

Most of the names I'm hearing are young guys. Once again, I think it would do them a lot of good to learn under Eddie for a year or two before being handed over the reigns. They just need some time to develop and improve like you said. Ed is the best option though to get this ship righted. The only thing a lot of these guys have in common is that Ed has more victories than they do combined as head coach.
Who has applied? Has Coach Sizemore at Bracken County applied? He has done a great job building that program from the ground up and is a Clay County boy.
How many wins does Eddie have as a head coach?

Did Sizemore play for Clay county? He does have 8 wins this year. Big turn around from years past.
I would definitely think Sizemore is a favorite if he applied.
"I think" Sizemore transferred to South Laurel. He might have grew up in the CC but he didn't play for the black and gold.
Whoever gets the job could we please update the weight room And bring back Perry all county?

Heck, we might could use Glen And his strength guy? I hear they have a great morning workout.
walterwhite Wrote:Who has applied? Has Coach Sizemore at Bracken County applied? He has done a great job building that program from the ground up and is a Clay County boy.

Would be a good one to come back and join Eddie's staff, get groomed for the job for a year or two then take over.
Hell you all are cornfusing me are the tigers looking for a head coach or not?
What jobs are they offering to coach? Any teaching jobs opening up for Sizemore?

Eagle has landed...Only local guys need apply.
TheTigersEye Wrote:Would be a good one to come back and join Eddie's staff, get groomed for the job for a year or two then take over.

He has more head coaching experience than Eddie. Why would he need to be "groomed" for the job?
I am not applying for no job, hell what kind of fool wants to coach high school football. With all these crazy parents. But is the head job open?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:I am not applying for no job, hell what kind of fool wants to coach high school football. With all these crazy parents. But is the head job open?

Depends on if you're going to tell us how good Bert Brown is...
Yes the head job is open. It's posted on the school district website as of 12/22.
Jacob Hyde can bring excitement to the program. U.K. Player going to get a big bowl ring.

Zac Lewis college coach, all time leading passer. Smart.

Justin Foster played at U Pike, great guy. Could be the man if given the chance.

Bryan Samples coach 15 years plus all at Clay. Knows the spread very well.

Jamie Gilbert the ultimate motivator. Kids love him. Coach 25 plus @ Clay.

Todd Massey great motivator. Coach 5 years as assistant @ clay. Kids love him.

Adam Reid coached 4 years as assistant @ Madison central under Browne as DC. Practice what he preaches.

Gilbert, Samples are already in the building so no jobs needs to be created.
Scott Reid his record speaks for itself. Can bring the kids out. Health is an issue and age.

Eddie took over a bad situation and did great. Can he bring the kids out?

Sizemore played at south Laurel. Transferred but doing great as HC.

Tyler culver never played a down of football but middle school coach of basketball and football at south.
Sounds to me we don't need brown, yall have all those great coaches on your list. And ya tigerseye you wouldn't want a guy who has taken over terrible programs and won with them cause OUR Tigers have been rollin!
brown won't move to clay county. Plus, we need someone longer than 3 years.
There's a lot more to it than listing a bunch of names on a message board. First of all, people have to want the job and apply! At this point, if you are honest, this is not a very attractive job. You can win here, but it'll take the right hire to get it done. Better make sure, it's late in the game for this program.
I saw the tigers play 4 times this year and I don't think any of the games I saw the other team looked physical better. So IMO there are players at Clay Co. they just need a coach that knows what he is doing and also they need someone that is calling the shots to hire a new coach that knows what he is doing.
physically better that is
Well has anybody came out of the wood works yet to apply? Any names? Who's on the committee this go around? Hopefully no one on the last one.
Was the weight room open today?
Not sure with the weather the way it is. I know we've had a good group in there working hard so far. Coaching hire should be made soon.
Even in Clay's "Glory Days" we never had a huge roster. Clay has been/is forced to play "Iron Man" football until an adequate number of athletes becomes available (if ever). To play "Iron man" football requires its participants to be in "iron man" condition. It was glaringly obvious that we were not properly conditioned this past season. Close first halves and then left in the dust the second half. Some of those games were winnable and some were not. No reason in the world we shouldn't have won 4 to 5 games. Another problem Clay experienced last season was changing offenses/defenses the week before facing an opponent. That type of "change" can only be done by teams who have offensive/defensive schemes that they hang their hat on already...a safety net if you will. I would love to see us line up in power I or wishbone this coming season with our entire offensive line back and run it down people's throats. Clock management = no running clock beatdowns! We will also have the backfield to make that happen as well. This brings us to the elephant in the room....the defense! Clay has to do a better job of hitting/wrapping up/tackling on defense to ever expect any positive results. Our players need to be "smarter" as well. I witnessed DB's running stride for stride with receivers last season that never made a play on the ball at any time. They just ran with the guy and watched them either catch or drop the pass. I also witnessed kids on kickoff return who stopped balls from going out of bounds (which is a penalty and would result in either a re-kick or better field position for us). Another example would be when an opposing offensive linemen would pull, then our defensive linemen had no clue that a trap was coming. It's like some of them never even watch football on TV. There is no magic pill for this! Bust your hump in the weight room in the offseason and STUDY your opponents film. Next...get a little softer out of district schedule. Finally...I'm not even going to mention the deficiencies with the feeder programs at this point (and there are plenty) because no emphasis has really EVER been put on them (be honest with yourself and really think about it). Hell...they are lucky to find people to step up and take the jobs at those levels. To right our ship in Clay.....the powers that be must cut loose with some dead presidents and go get a coach who is capable of putting our feet on the right path....then we can start worrying about the grade schools and middle school teams. If you build it...they will come! I'm sure some will disagree and that is fine. I will still sleep the same.
What do you expect when the last two tiger head coaches maybe have a combined 4 or 5 years coaching experience between them? Take away Gilbert and there is not 6-7 years of experience combined on the Tiger sideline right now. Embarassing...
Just hoping we hire a real coach this time and from what I'm hearing we are.
Hogsnot Wrote:Just hoping we hire a real coach this time and from what I'm hearing we are.

Please tell us what you are hearing. I've heard very little.
Any news on yet? The longer it drags on the worse it looks for Ed.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next