•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2017
Hope they do well
While you guys are at it. Eddie needs to go to a coaching clinic or two.

If he doesn't go 500 this year. That seat will be burning up!!!
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:You football guys And Eddie bring back Perry all County.

Nothing wrong with recognition, if it is done correctly. If it would keep kids playing, bring it on. Not a huge "participation" trophy guy.
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:While you guys are at it. Eddie needs to go to a coaching clinic or two.

Wow.. if you truly think that you have no business around our program. We have to crawl before we can walk. The last coaching hire put us behind five years easily. With this type of mentality we are never going to be able to build anything. I would be embarrassed to say that a coach, that can't even pick who he is playing in his bowl game is going to be on the hot seat if he isn't .500.
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:While you guys are at it. Eddie needs to go to a coaching clinic or two.

I'm going to say Eddie has forgot more than we will ever know.
Perry all county was about the kids. Something Clay County has forgot.
I do agree with this, we need a way to recognize the kids in the county.
4 teams in the bowl game. Ed will have to pick 3 teams he can play for two years.

I would think with the talent the team has coming up. Why not invite hazard, Leslie, prestonburg, and a north laurel.

Or letcher, breathit, Shelby valley, pike central, Sheldon Clark
Walter white must have been cooking meth on the wrong end of horse creek. He should have come on down to mourning glory and let Perry teach him about respecting people and building programs.
haha, Walter is about the only one on here rational for the most part. I will give him that!
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:Walter white must have been cooking meth on the wrong end of horse creek. He should have come on down to mourning glory and let Perry teach him about respecting people and building programs.

Sorry, not in the cooking business. Not disrespecting Perry in any way, rest his soul. He was a good friend and truely tried to help any kid in the County. Re establishing a banquet is just the tip of the iceberg in solving our football woes, however. Much bigger issues to correct, I am afraid. We do have a good man at the helm that cares about the program! I wish him, his staff and all the players the best of luck and blessings.
I'd like to see all these "football guys" that try to control the program to get out in their place. I honestly feel that's been one of the major problems. We had a bunch of experts try to fix it for us and have not done anything but damage. I think that's one of the biggest issues. It seems like we have pretty good kids and I think Eddie will do a great job coaching them and as far as him being on the hot seat that is nonsense, there is no one that will touch this job at this point with all the foolishness that's went on.
walterwhite Wrote:Tiger brethren, there is only two choices we ALL, self included, can make. Be a part of the problem, or be a part of the answer. I can be as critical as anyone, but does it really help? We know there's lots of problems, but griping on a message board won't solve them. Nothing wrong with good ideas but that's about the extent of good this does. And again, I include myself in all this commentary.

A really good start for the "Tiger Brethren" would be to vist Ed, the middle school staff and any of the grade schools to see if you could become a volunteer assistant. Get approved then volunteer your time at practices when you can. Volunteer your time on game night as a sideline coach or spotter. Volunteer your time at weight room. Volunteer to help with fundraisers...you get the picture.

If you're dedicated to helping and willing to do what's asked to help this program go forward, I'm sure you would be welcomed aboard. Negative attitudes need not apply.
Wow!!! walterwhite and SKINNYPIG both making sense in the same thread!! Amazing!!
Confusednicker:

It all starts with the mommies, daddies and grand parents that are trust worthy. If I had all the money I had made or counted or controlled over the last 45 years, I could live in the Ritz!! LOL But I wouldn't like that!

Donate what you can to the program....time being the most coveted of talents.

And do this for the right reasons....for the kids!!
Nick Saban couldn't coach the way the administration would make him coach and win. They would rather put 1 kid in a position to do good and screw over all the rest than to put themselves in a position to win utilizing the strengths they have. It will improve at the high school next year, but the way the middle school and elementary schools are heading it will be worse than ever a few years down the road. Never ending cycle.
Bird Wrote:Nick Saban couldn't coach the way the administration would make him coach and win. They would rather put 1 kid in a position to do good and screw over all the rest than to put themselves in a position to win utilizing the strengths they have. It will improve at the high school next year, but the way the middle school and elementary schools are heading it will be worse than ever a few years down the road. Never ending cycle.

What are they doing?
Guess that answers that. Look for the Tigers to tee off in 2017.
I am completely bum fazzled as to why Clay Co. dropped KNOX out of the Appalachian Bowl ?
Blue&Gold Blooded Wrote:I am completely bum fazzled as to why Clay Co. dropped KNOX out of the Appalachian Bowl ?

The Appalachian Bowl has always been ran by the Quarterback Club, which is a football booster group. That's where your answer would come from.
walterwhite Wrote:The Appalachian Bowl has always been ran by the Quarterback Club, which is a football booster group. That's where your answer would come from.

:thanks: Doesnt make sense, KCHS always brings the biggest crowd and never backs down from playing anybody. Oh well, Clays loss.
I would say it's because Knox is a district team and can't rotate around and play Clay.
TheTigersEye Wrote:I would say it's because Knox is a district team and can't rotate around and play Clay.

I agree! I would say this is the problem.
Well how is the schedule looking for next year? I do believe we have the talent coming back to get better.
I hear the job is open?

Jacob Hyde, Justin Foster, Todd Massey, Adam Reid, Bryan Samples, Jamie Gilbert would do good. I know the last five are educators, and played at clay. Gilbert, Samples, Massey and Reid have all coached
Needs to be from clay county!!
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:I hear the job is open?

Jacob Hyde, Justin Foster, Todd Massey, Adam Reid, Bryan Samples, Jamie Gilbert would do good. I know the last five are educators, and played at clay. Gilbert, Samples, Massey and Reid have all coached

It's just a formality, to smooth everything over and name Eddie the coach officially. No other candidates from here could handle it.
So are we looking for a coach or not? Any word on when the committee is going to get together and get this thing sorted out?
Hogsnot Wrote:So are we looking for a coach or not? Any word on when the committee is going to get together and get this thing sorted out?

It has been opened up from what I know, It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Other than the current staff, I don't know who would be interested. It's a long road back up. And the last thing we need is a committee trying to hire a coach, we saw how that's played out before.
No other candidates can't handle it? That is laughable! Football isn't to hard. BryanSamples, Jamie Gilbert, Scott Reid all work for the board and have showed they are capable.

Tigers eye, you think no other person except Ed can do the job and think the last staff shouldn't have been fired. I'm sorry, Wayne's staff. Not the last staff. I wasn't a big fan of Combs at first either but he was given no other choice but to leave.

But your orgainal point. Why can't no other person From Clay County do the job? None of your former teammates know the game?
Who is on the hiring committee?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next