Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pigeon Forge/Gatlingburg wildfires
Sad situation from Eastern Tennessee. Sevier County is under a level Three State of Emergency.

Seeing some of the videos and pics are incredible and hard to look at.

So far, there have been no deaths because of these fires, everybody is listing to the mandatory evacuations.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Some of the video from the area just makes me so sad!

One young man was searching for his mother last night. She was staying at the Park Vista and had sent him pictures of flames that were just outside the hotel. Her text said that smoke was filling the hotel, and it was hard to breathe. He could barely be interviewed without breaking down in tears.

So far, I don't believe there have been any deaths reported.
Granny Bear Wrote:Some of the video from the area just makes me so sad!

One young man was searching for his mother last night. She was staying at the Park Vista and had sent him pictures of flames that were just outside the hotel. Her text said that smoke was filling the hotel, and it was hard to breathe. He could barely be interviewed without breaking down in tears.

So far, I don't believe there have been any deaths reported.

I read one report where it said that 3 people have died.

Does anyone know what businesses have been destroyed?
The video shot in the Chalet Village area was unbelievable! So glad the people in the video made it out, but they had to drive on a narrow road with flames on both sides of the road and burning embers hitting the vehicle for about 15 minutes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This link has a lot of information about the fires. Says there were about 100 different structures in the Gatlinburg area that burnt down. I've been hearing from friends that a lot of places they visited as kids have been burnt down. I'm sure the local news stations may have more information.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/us/gatlinburg-fires/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Found ^that link on facebook. It lists the structures that are effected.
Death toll up to 13 as of this morning. If they have caught those responsible for starting these fires they need to be prosecuted to the highest extent of the law...

Based on the video we have seen I wouldn't be surprised if the fatality number increases. It's a very sad state of affairs. Boggles my mind to attempt to understand why someone with intent started this wildfire!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Per this evenings news 2 juveniles will stand before a judge within the next 72 hours in TN to determine if bail will be allowed...

Glad to hear they caught the folks responsible!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Just stupid kids!! And caused so much destruction.